Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37234 times)
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

I agree with you. Very often, it would seem, popular projects, they collect a lot of money, they have a lot of bounty participants, I think that it will make a profit, but, alas, the price goes down. Conversely, it would seem that at first glance the not-so-crazy pro-ket gives a very large growth. It's like a lottery, I think
The price of a project going down is not a problem of the team but those who are dumping their coin and surely you cannot expect them not to take a chill pill and see how that goes before coming in for a buy back. It is left for you to hold if you believe in the project than panic because of some drop in value which to me is even a very good way to increase your stash for the future.

When it comes to scam projects, it is the same way an investor will do proper diligence to detect one is the same way bounty hunters will also do to detect, but we all know most bounty hunters are lazy when it comes to that, since they have nothing much to lose anyway.
ronsaldo

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:33:55 PM

Actually it is not hard to detect whether a bounty campaigns are scam or not. It is matter of observations and analytical thinking, if the bounty manager is not updating in their telegram bounty's channel, not updating in social media site and not calculating the weekly stakes of participants in the spreadsheet, then it is the time that you are going to quit in their bounty campaigns.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:54:40 PM

Bounty become scam if the main project for which you are doing the bounty has been abandoned due to some one or two reasons. With this, i dont blame the manager if he is not part of the team. But if the manager is from the team, then he can be blamed. Although there are projects with scam intentions, most projects are abandoned for financial or legal reasons.
I noticed while reading through the thread that a lot of people do consider a bounty scam because they did not get paid even though the project did not actually meet its cap. The thing is that is one of the risks of trying to do an ICO bounty as most of the time the project ICO may end up successful or not.

Although, it is by checking what is important in the first place with respect to the project future such as product and team that would make the possibility of not being part of a scam there or the ICO not being successful something that would be impossible.
hsyncl

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 04:58:11 PM

There is no need to detect this. almost all of the current projects are garbage. It is more logical to investigate which project is more robust at the moment. They are very easy to find because they are very few.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:06:32 PM

You can certainly look at the rating of the project, its team, goals, etc. But even successful promises will not give any guarantees that the project will be successful, like its bounty campaign.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:15:22 PM

Researching and studying is essential in landing a good or legit bounty campaign. Many factors should be considered also, like the bounty campaign managers and the project itself. Now a days it either you find it a scam early or you're just gonna know it too late.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:17:07 PM

It is very hard to determine if a bounty campaign is a scam. In my opinion, it is not the bounty managers fault if an ICO ended up being a scam. They were the same as we are, they won't be able to determine if its a scam. This doesn't mean that we will just join any bounty that is available. We need to do some research on our end. Having a manager with good reputation will also help. What I am doing is to know the previous project of the team behind the ICO. If their previous campaign was a success or sold out. I will most likely join that campaign.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:32:06 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

There are basic guides to detect potential scam bounty campaigns similar to how you detect scam ICO's.
I do not know if you consider not getting paid as "scammed" though. Some projects are legit but just could not get the support it needs to get going.
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

There are basic guides to detect potential scam bounty campaigns similar to how you detect scam ICO's.
I do not know if you consider not getting paid as "scammed" though. Some projects are legit but just could not get the support it needs to get going.

It's hard to say because are startups and they maybe don't succeed in their first step, so not every ico that don't pay bounties are scams.. they don't collect money if they dont collect money how can they paid you ?

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
amadorj76

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:21:46 AM

To choose a good bounty campaign that fulfills all its obligations is really very difficult, but all the information that should be taken into account for its selection is already on this forum, just give it your time. Good luck.

You just have to know their project and read about their whitepaper know their team and their manager, and their capability to run the campaign. Many bounty now are being used by the scammers so we really have to be very smart in choosing where to join the good bounty.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:15:13 AM

I am better join on campaign that manage by reputable bounty manager. If that bounty manager have good reputation in this forum, I am believe that project is legit

Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

In joining bounty the hardest part is choosing the legit one but sad to say we have no power to predict Whether that specific ICO is legit or not even bouny managers they cant ,no one likeS to be scammed, being scammed is part of a risk, bounty hunters must do their own research about the projects,reading whitepaper and soon.
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:46:29 AM

It is like airdrops scam bounties are all around the corner, even senior members can be caught up in their trap so you better check first the legitimacy of the program.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:56:06 AM

scammer today are smart and they learn too. they will do their best to scam others. many scammers are well educated people. if possible find a campaign manager with higher rank with a high trust. compared to manager with lower rank like newbie and their is a higher chance that their campaign is a scam.
clairdelune

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:16:36 AM

For me it is not hard to detect a scammed bounty campaign. You just need to filter the bounties that you want to join, you just have to have a criteria in finding some good bounty and to know if the bounty is a scam. Here are some tips that I will share to you.
1. You should read what is their platform all about.
2. Check their website if it is nice and to read more about their bounty project.
3. Read their bounty thread, to know if you are applicable in their bounty program.
4. Read their roadmap. To see their strategy on how they will run their platform.
5. Check their spreadsheet to know allocation of their members and to check if they are updating the stakes.
6. Lastly check their team if the member of the bounty has done some project.
jamesbond007pro

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:20:02 AM

Yes, it is a good question and topic. I agree with you. There are many bounties campaign and sometimes they do not give us rewards. But now you can trust some famous bounty team, you should join their bounty campaign that they are managing. I think you can success with this idea. Good luck to you
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:04:08 AM

When you participate in a fraudulent bounty thread, you will get nothing.
It's a sad story, but we can't avoid it. I don't know how to tell if a project is a hoax. Sad

siena23

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:29:24 AM

I also experienced, there must be a sense of disappointment and sadness, I used to do dozens of bounty projects, and do not know which projects are deceiving or not so just wait for luck only. Now I can choose a good and ugly bounty project, and also know which bounty manager is nice and ugly.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:29:54 AM

not a scam and it's hard to distinguish. a lot of people even who are already natural in this field are also still just get caught up in the scam. but this is already a risk that must be endured if it entered in crypto. may have to be more clever in selecting the bounty is indeed convincing real and not a scam. many considerations such as viewed from the team and wallets for investment that will certainly be very necessary views for the sake of the success in the bounty.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:27:25 AM

It is actually very difficult to detect scam projects these days because the scammers are now professionals. Not even the experienced investors are able to detect people with scam intentions. They make everything so real that you are almost willing to put your everything into it.
It is not difficult my friend, as the ball is in each person's court. Bounty hunters may not want to have the time to be going through every project to see which one is good or bad, but there are some times when you can just easily check the team, check the availability of product and check discussions made while asking questions on their social media pages.

As long as you can do this, the chances of hitting good project as a bounty hunter would increase better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: