Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: It is hard to detect scammed bounty campaign..  (Read 37228 times)
Erasmus1991

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:35:16 AM

I believe you use the same level of scrutiny  to check bounties as you do with projects you are investing in, you will reduce drastically  your chances of being a victim of bounty scams
taxli

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 12:34:22 PM

Of course it is hard, because non of the scam bounty dont want for people to detect that they are one. So they are trying to appear like the legit one, and fool you.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 12:38:02 PM

Ok so i guess detecting bounty campaigns or project could be painful also when you where able to join or invest in a project where you were being scam. I have read some inputs of the other members and i get some needed information for me also to get a good ICO project to join with either investing on it or joining bounty campaigns. I know that i will get a good ICO projects one day.
Bunmi1989

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 12:59:29 PM

I think it's really very hard to identify a fake bounty campaign from a real one this days. But the best thing is to follow people who have experience in bounties and also you can decide to make use of sites that specialize in bounty
baonguyen

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:01:35 PM

It is very hard to identify. do your own research.
marites

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:10:48 PM

Yes it is definitely very hard to detect especially when the bounty campaign are on the first stage of promoting.
 Because of good and lovely promises you are encouraged to join .
So I think by joining a good campaign is a hitormiss.
Cryptomonyet

Activity: 1610

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:56:30 PM

I agree with you, it's very difficult to detect scam bounty program now. How not? very interesting web designs, whitepapers are not suspicious, roadmaps are very clear, their teams too, even get 4.0+ rating on the ICO rating site. How are we not interested & don't believe in it?

I think some ways like following a trusted & high rank manager is the best way, though not fully guaranteed.
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:05:59 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

I feel you men. Many times that I experience of being scam of a campaign and it's to sad that you won't earn in that campaign that you work. You give your time, effort and hard work to finish the required work everyweek and at the end you will know it is scam. It really hurt for me. But in that way I learn, I can choose 80% of a successful campaign right now because of that mistake I learn.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 02:45:35 PM

In my own opinion, it is not the fault of the ico if you didnt get your rewards in the bounty campaign. It is best to consult your bounty related question to a bounty manager, since the bounty manager manages the bounty campaign and not the ico team. If you have not been paid in the bounty campaign, the bounty manager holds responsibility on that. 

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Schwifty27

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:52:26 PM

yeah for us new in this crypto it's really hard to detect a bounty scam but i choose the high ranked managers.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:59:48 PM

Well, there are some things we come across in life or better still in the crypto world, that are meant to teach us some lessons. Cryptocurrency is a space that accommodates just any body, so anything can happen. The trustworthy ones just need to be careful and be smart.
crypt0sc0pe

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:34:04 PM

If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

Before taking part in the campaign, you need to ask any question to the administrator of the campaign. If you get a quick and adequate answer to your question, you can participate in this campaign. However, this is a necessary condition, but not sufficient.
Let's say about Spotcoin's campaign. The campaign itself is running on the https://www.g0blin.com platform, which is very comfy. Also you will receive additional shares for your reports on the forum. Admins always quickly and essence answer all your questions. I am sure that this project will be successful.
kl8847

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:36:29 PM

It is easy to understand the reason of that, they are trying harder and harder to appear as they are legit and not a scam, so we need to try also harder to consider those scammers!
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

I think it's almost impossible to know which bounty is scam or truthworthy. You guys will only know at the end of bounty campaign when everything ended and if you still don't receive token for your work after months that mean you guys are scammed Grin. Sometime check ICO project behind bounty campaign don't work as we hope Grin
Jeex

Activity: 364
Merit: 58

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

To choose a bounty campaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0

What's wrong with Amazix managers?

Some projects don't have community managers and they lack skills/time/they don't see a need in managing social media, so it's even harder to know whether it's a scam or not.

Impunity - that's what's wrong with the managers of Amazix. None of the managers Amazix still have a red trust, although in my opinion, many of them deserve it for a long time.
linbo

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:14:15 AM

It's really hard to do the bounty now. It's hard to get a token even if you follow their instructions carefully. If only there were such a regulator, there would be less chance of fraud.
Volk-05

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:30:20 AM

In fact, it's not easy to find a fraudulent company, but if I do not like something I do not like passes, or change the company!
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:32:23 PM

To choose a bounty campaign, I advise you to look at the status of the manager on this forum. The higher the status, the more reliable. This does not give a 100% guarantee, but most of the scams come from managers with the status of Newbie.

See the ICO rating on sites such as ICOBench and others. Do not join companies with a rating below 60% (3.5 on ICOBench).

Do not join the company from any managers from Amazix.

P.S. In choosing a bounty, this free table can help you: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fLkDCH0E4uOrYlgqAVixmCIOGupLl8cLRlwttvXsT8/edit#gid=0

Thank you so much for giving this advice, really informative.  Got to be more careful next time in joining bounty campaigns, careful in such a way of study first before joining it.  Thanks again.
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:42:36 PM

It is really hard to detect scammed bounty campaign.  After completing all the requirements to be able to get accepted in a bounty campaign, spending much time to participate in forums and not to mention carrying their banners, completing all the tasks and reports then all of a sudden you will just find out that you have been scammed already.  luckily I am not the only one but to think all participants did the same efforts as well as you did.  But it is really happening, lesson learned and could be just charge it to experience and move on.  If we could only find out at early stage if we were in to scam or a legit bounty campaign.  Who would really know anyway?

You can not do anything here. I'm sure that some complaints will not help here. Personally, I take it as it is and try to move on.
gabagandalf

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:45:14 PM

i find it very hard to detect a scam. the fraudsters do not want to be discovered. that makes it really hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: