Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors scare others from investing into bitcoin?  (Read 4169 times)
johnmartinda

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

Lack of awareness is one of the main reasons for people not to get involved with Bitcoin because they believe the media story without doing their own research and try to understand what is Bitcoin technology and blockchain and how it works.
I believe that price volatility and legal status are the main concern for anyone to think about their involvement in Bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
75Gs

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

I'm not sure what I say but this is what I experienced. I invest bitcoin with very simple reason, namely the advantages offered bitcoin. If we see the investsi contrast to the other assets of the bitcoin, bitcoin has market movements very quickly this could give us a very quick profits even in just minutes. but I remain aware of the risks of all this.
Angle22

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:18:17 PM

Perhaps one of the main factors is to ignore people about bitcoin, where my country lives is still lacking in bitcoin socialization, what else the government has yet to legalize bitcoin, so it is unlikely to invest in bitcoin.
That's right, and maybe because there's a ruse that can make people afraid to invest.
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

I think It does not matter whether Bitcoin is legalized around the world or not, because people want to buy Bitcoin for fiat currency in the country where they live. I can not call this factor fear. It's just careful to avoid potential losses.
I think People will re-invest in Bitcoin when the price is growing and thus they usually buy crypto currency at high levels. After that, big investors throw away their coins, therefore ordinary holders keep losses.
steffi79

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:27:50 PM

I think It does not matter whether Bitcoin is legalized around the world or not, because people want to buy Bitcoin for fiat currency in the country where they live. I can not call this factor fear. It's just careful to avoid potential losses.
I think People will re-invest in Bitcoin when the price is growing and thus they usually buy crypto currency at high levels. After that, big investors throw away their coins, therefore ordinary holders keep losses.
make some analysis on when you have to buy some bitcoin and when you can sell it therefore you are now playing with your money and even that some big investors may ever have to make some decision of throwing their coins then you are not failed or losse.
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:29:59 PM

The biggest factor that I think scares people the most is the fact that they are completely blank about what crypto currencies really are. Those who are not tech savvy have a hard time understanding how to buy or store their coins. Not to mention securing their wallets and keeping their keys safe.

SemaVaflist

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:31:38 PM

Perhaps the factor that causes others to fear investing in bitcoin is because bitcoin is not legal in their country. Bitcoin still has not received permission from their country's government.there are also other factors that make people afraid to invest in bitcoin because the government in the country prohibits bitcoin and also there are factors that cause people do not want to invest in bitcoin because there are hackers.
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:45:04 PM

The biggest factor that I think scares people the most is the fact that they are completely blank about what crypto currencies really are. Those who are not tech savvy have a hard time understanding how to buy or store their coins. Not to mention securing their wallets and keeping their keys safe.

completely agree with your opinion. Not zanie and understanding bitcoins generates fear in the hearts of people. And they have no desire to learn and to learn something new
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:22:25 PM

Many factor why investors low interested for invest their money in bitcoin, many investor still misunderstanding about how bitcoin could increase and get much earning, many investor still confused how to get more earning by investment on bitcoin. another factors why less interested for investment on bitcoin because almost bitcoin exchange was heck and low secure of bitcoin account for saving bitcoin or altcoin balance.
Yes so many problems can be there which can effect the bitcoin price. i will mention one big cause which can effect the bitcoin price, i think that the transaction fee may be one of the problem which can effect bitcoin price.  I think that if the transaction fee will decrease then most people will try to use bitcoin even for buying small items.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:33:28 PM

Bitcoin has come a long way and come really come to stay. As a matter of fact, anytime some people who know nothing about bitcoin are introduce to bitcoin about how bitcoin works, they channel all their attention to whoever is passing the information to them by listening attentively. However, after developing the interest in bitcoin, they quickly revert their interest in bitcoin the moment they hear of the volatile nature of bitcoin, thereby, deciding not to invest into it anymore. Guys, what are some other factors that scare people from investing into bitcoin?
for me is bitcoin has a very big risk for investments and factors that greatly affect the investors in my country is bitcoin has not been inaugurated as a currency that applies

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 07:36:25 PM

Probably legality concerns, and mis-information.

Most people don't understand how Bitcoin works. Many investors (Warren Buffet for example) have come out and said if they don't understand something fully, they won't invest in it.

Whether they're right has yet to be seen.

But when something serves a purpose, generally speaking, it does have worth. And bitcoin does serve a purpose.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:48:53 PM

Bitcoin has come a long way and come really come to stay. As a matter of fact, anytime some people who know nothing about bitcoin are introduce to bitcoin about how bitcoin works, they channel all their attention to whoever is passing the information to them by listening attentively. However, after developing the interest in bitcoin, they quickly revert their interest in bitcoin the moment they hear of the volatile nature of bitcoin, thereby, deciding not to invest into it anymore. Guys, what are some other factors that scare people from investing into bitcoin?
for me is bitcoin has a very big risk for investments and factors that greatly affect the investors in my country is bitcoin has not been inaugurated as a currency that applies
I will never consider it as a big risk, no doubt risk is always there in every kind of investment and in trading, but it does not mean that we should stop trading, i think that we should make such kind of strategy through which we can decrease the chances of losing money.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 07:52:26 PM

I will never consider it as a big risk, no doubt risk is always there in every kind of investment and in trading, but it does not mean that we should stop trading, i think that we should make such kind of strategy through which we can decrease the chances of losing money.

Yeah you shouldn't avoid risk. Diversify to deal with risk though.

Good tips here: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/040215/how-manage-risk-your-own-portfolio.asp

Honestly a lot of the same tips between the stock market & digital currency markets match up.

Web Developer. PM for details.
NerdofBTC

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:58:48 PM

The factor which scare people from investing bitcoin is illegal as many countries banned the cryptocurrency and then is commodity beacuse it is not a money and it did not have any physical apperance the third thing is the hacker which is playing a vital role and increase the fear as they hack yours wallet and transfer all the btc to their wallet or account. These are the most fear of people now a days investing in bitcoin.
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 08:06:26 PM

Todas las maneras de perder tus bitcoin
Aquí os dejo un artículo interesante y digno de leer donde explica muy bien las diversas formas de pérdidas de Bitcoin que existen.
Nos hablan de Robos, hackeos y secuestros, etc...
Cada usuario es responsable de sus propios bitcoin.
Artículo: https://www.infobae.com/cripto247/bitcoin/2018/07/05/todas-las-maneras-de-perder-tus-bitcoin

Ava Duvall

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:23:59 PM

the fact that bitcoin has its ups and downs. if you dont do the math and invest you could loose some serious money. so the fear of losing a lot scares people away.
semarm3sem

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:29:02 PM

There’s honestly no such a thing as a “safe investment”. Any time you’re putting your money into anything, you’re risking losing it, not getting back an amount you hoped for. Crypto is tricky, because it’s super digital and it’s not based on anything, therefore there’s a tiny bit of risk to it. It’s being accused of being illegal or a bubble literally ALL the time.
gbsray

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:37:08 PM

1. Some goverments still do not have laws on virtual currency.

2. Some altcoins appear which can dominate the market in future.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:42:43 PM

One of them is security related. because there are some threats lurking bitcoin holders, one of which is related to the issue of Bitcoin storage. Problems arise because this bitcoin can be stolen or lost. When that happens, all Bitcoin will disappear forever from the owner's hand. of course it will make people afraid to invest in bitcoin.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:12:45 PM

One of the biggest turn off is that it isn't recognized and backed by the Government. Most of the people are of the opinion that if something isn't backed by the Government then its probably bad investment. And nowadays, the mainstream media is spreading all the more FUD about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies making new and potential investors scared of entering into the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: