Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In light of the GitHub incident, would you like to stage a relaunch? [POLL CLOSED]
Yes, I lost coins due to the pool bug
I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch
Yes, I think the developer is a scammer, and this would prove otherwise
Yes (other)
No, it works fine now so leave it
No, I don't think it's relevant given the small number of coins mined
No, I think the developer has his s**t together now
No (other)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC]  (Read 60627 times)
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

Those of you who say the 'few paltry coins we have don't matter' should put your money where your mouth is. Distribute those 'meaningless' coins among the rest of the community, evenly, since they don't matter. Ah, but you believe they do matter. Exactly why a re launch needs to happen. That is, if the coin is intended to be taken seriously as a long term currency, actually useable to purchase goods and services, and not just as a means to 'get rich quick' for those lucky enough to scrape some up on the aborted release night.

What's your SYN address, I'll send you a % of my coins to change your vote to No Relaunch.

Mosphet

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:59:48 PM

syncoin,

I managed to get the p2pool up and running after some a few minutes of trying,
and seems to be working fine. (Block-time estimate is at 4-5 hours though?)

Now when looking at the graphs my 'local pool speed' is 53%, the 'global pool speed' is at 47%.
So am I one of two people who managed to get p2pool running, or did I do something wrong here?

(I find it a bit hard to believe that no one (Ok, one person) else set up a p2pool of his own...)

P2Pool is set on PERSIST=False, so they can't connect to each other. I'll investigate the issue.

Can I set it to TRUE myself in networks.py, or will that mess something up?
OrkneyCoiner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

QUESTION: If I were to ensure more pools would be for SynCoin by the end of today [EST], would those who voted Yes because pools change over to No?

your poll is totally insane

90% of people on this board were not here at launch, of course they see this poll and will vote yes.

THIS POLL IS NOT REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE THAT WERE HERE AT LAUNCH. The fact you can not work this out worries me that you did not create this coin and are not the dev.

Also the yes vote even now is smaller than the NO vote.

Get rid of this poll and use your time doing something useful for the coin.

The only people voting yes for a relaunch will be

1. those who think they missed out on millions of coins but in fact will see they missed out on max 5-20 coins.
2. those that were not even awake or here at launch

the biggest problem with this coin is it is ahead of it's time..............reminds me of elacoin...... devs that are ahead of their time always create unpopular coins. The crowd wants instamine insta profits.... these coins do not give that.

they create stable currency which by its nature does not reward only a few with big profits.

+1
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:00:25 PM

QUESTION: If I were to ensure more pools would be for SynCoin by the end of today [EST], would those who voted Yes because pools change over to No?

your poll is totally insane

90% of people on this board were not here at launch, of course they see this poll and will vote yes.

THIS POLL IS NOT REPRESENTING THE PEOPLE THAT WERE HERE AT LAUNCH. The fact you can not work this out worries me that you did not create this coin and are not the dev.

Also the yes vote even now is smaller than the NO vote.

Get rid of this poll and use your time doing something useful for the coin.

The only people voting yes for a relaunch will be

1. those who think they missed out on millions of coins but in fact will see they missed out on max 5-20 coins.
2. those that were not even awake or here at launch

the biggest problem with this coin is it is ahead of it's time..............reminds me of elacoin...... devs that are ahead of their time always create unpopular coins. The crowd wants instamine insta profits.... these coins do not give that.

they create stable currency which by its nature does not reward only a few with big profits.

1) What do you mean that it doesn't represent the people here at launch? That the people voting are those just dropping by on the thread?
2) I am the developer. I can find some way to prove this, but I haven't any at the moment.
3) I've made that option neutral, so it longer counts for "YES" because pools are due to come
4) I am coding as we speak for the coin
5) I see... you're saying the relaunch vote is completely because butthurt people? Ehh... I don't know about that.
6) Do you think those that vote no will have enough influence to keep the coin alive?

Donate to The SynCoin Foundation Today:
SynCoin Address: SYnFundYHArvaRGMowXE2v5fQQ4SVdvh5t
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

So , no pool at launch working properly, no source code at launch because the dev want only one pool ...... and not payment from pool .

Great Launch Guys ... congratulations  Grin
OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:01:25 PM

Send me some syncoin, since I got 0 in several hours trying last night, and I'll vote for no relaunch.

SV1oNfzjXz9VkcE5SLKqrjjch9Rw1y7R85

Of course those who got coins will vote against a relaunch, as they believe it makes their coins more valuable in the short term. I do not believe it is i the best interest of  the dev, to appease that dozen or so people at the expense of the rest of the entire community, and long-term survival of the coin.

what is your hashrate, son?
OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:02:00 PM

So , no pool at launch working properly, no source code at launch because the dev want only one pool ...... and not payment from pool .

= no forks.
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

Send me some syncoin, since I got 0 in several hours trying last night, and I'll vote for no relaunch.

SV1oNfzjXz9VkcE5SLKqrjjch9Rw1y7R85

Of course those who got coins will vote against a relaunch, as they believe it makes their coins more valuable in the short term. I do not believe it is i the best interest of  the dev, to appease that dozen or so people at the expense of the rest of the entire community, and long-term survival of the coin.

what is your hashrate, son?

Sending coins now.

vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Those of you who say the 'few paltry coins we have don't matter' should put your money where your mouth is. Distribute those 'meaningless' coins among the rest of the community, evenly, since they don't matter. Ah, but you believe they do matter. Exactly why a re launch needs to happen. That is, if the coin is intended to be taken seriously as a long term currency, actually useable to purchase goods and services, and not just as a means to 'get rich quick' for those lucky enough to scrape some up on the aborted release night.

bullsh*t. only 300 blocks with FEW coins were mined.

with relaunching, you'd erode the credibility even more (dev overreacting to a crazy people on this forum).

btw: at least we're not forked atm.

Ok, then split out those few meaningless coins to the community. Post a screenshot of your balance in wallet, then put it all in faucets. Show some good intention, not just blind greed. You won't. I'd bet my house on it.
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

1) Pool was working fine, PAYOUTS were delayed and we're working on reimbursements
2) Source code posted a few hours late due to a bug that needed to be patched
3) I made 4 SYN which I've just paid (that's the fee for the pool)
4) Pool paying normally now

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

C) Really? Has that happened with other coins?

of course. People over here are whining about relaunches all the time.

hey.. if there was block 5000 when the pool properly started this morning, I'd consider a relaunch.

but NEVER at block 300... that's perverse.

exactly ... .and each block 9 coins... total minting 250 BILLION  ... hehe the biggest mistake was to mention 250 BILLION people think they are missing out on millions of coins...when even on relaunch they will end up with none anyway and then start crying i only have 2 coins there are 250 BILLION Smiley  let's relaunch again and change the block reward so i can have a few million coins.

Actually i will vote yes to relaunch if we change it so first 1000 blocks worth 1 million each.... and i get to dump first on the exchange.

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:06:11 PM

Ok, then split out those few meaningless coins to the community. Post a screenshot of your balance in wallet, then put it all in faucets. Show some good intention, not just blind greed. You won't. I'd bet my house on it.

I'll trade you your house for 50% of my current SYN holdings. Deal?

I'll make a screenshot if necessary ... and I'll even include any that come in from now until then. lulz

Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:06:20 PM

Great Launch Guys ... congratulations  Grin

1) Pool was working fine, PAYOUTS were delayed and we're working on reimbursements
2) Source code posted a few hours late due to a bug that needed to be patched
3) I made 4 SYN which I've just paid (that's the fee for the pool)
4) Pool paying normally now

1 - Pool does not work at launch
2 - Source code not at launch
3 - for now not payment from pool

syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:06:56 PM

hey.. if there was block 5000 when the pool properly started this morning, I'd consider a relaunch.

exactly ... .and each block 9 coins... total minting 250 BILLION  ... hehe the biggest mistake was to mention 250 BILLION people think they are missing out on millions of coins...when even on relaunch they will end up with none anyway and then start crying i only have 2 coins there are 250 BILLION Smiley  let's relaunch again and change the block reward so i can have a few million coins.

Actually i will vote yes to relaunch if we change it so first 1000 blocks worth 1 million each.... and i get to dump first on the exchange.

OH GOD I think my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:07:53 PM

bullsh*t. only 300 blocks with FEW coins were mined.

with relaunching, you'd erode the credibility even more (dev overreacting to a crazy people on this forum).

btw: at least we're not forked atm.

I got my first coins after more than 6 hours since launch. so they are newly mined.

in solidarity, I'll donate some to the other guys with smaller hashpower.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

Ok my apologies. A friend of mine just explained to me that some probably rented rigs to mine this at release, and thus have a not insignificant amount invested in it. I understand some of the anger and push to not re launch, now. I still think re-launch is necessary for the good of the coin, but, I will refrain from any more hyperbole.
OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:09:15 PM

Cheesy
OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:10:28 PM

Ok my apologies. A friend of mine just explained to me that some probably rented rigs to mine this at release, and thus have a not insignificant amount invested in it. I understand some of the anger and push to not re launch, now. I still think re-launch is necessary for the good of the coin, but, I will refrain from any more hyperbole.

how much did you lose? you were not mining only for a 6 hours(!)

I fear you still imagine missing zillions Tongue
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:10:33 PM

in solidarity, I'll donate some to the other guys with smaller hashpower.

Is 325Kh/s smaller hashpower?  Remember, I have to give 50% of my current SYN to some guy for his house (I have 10.70 SYN -- sure hope he has a nice house!).

agentmike

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:12:35 PM

i'll be happy to vote for NO relaunch..

and i'm happy to receive donation of SYN:

SjErEuQTMcLSUVbiUn68XtSagprHTbNMTT

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: