Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 06:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: In light of the GitHub incident, would you like to stage a relaunch? [POLL CLOSED]
Yes, I lost coins due to the pool bug
I don't care, I just want more pools to be there at launch
Yes, I think the developer is a scammer, and this would prove otherwise
Yes (other)
No, it works fine now so leave it
No, I don't think it's relevant given the small number of coins mined
No, I think the developer has his s**t together now
No (other)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC]  (Read 60627 times)
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:12:49 PM

About the launch on this morning, I don't think it is a total failure.
It always happened in altcoin community.

I mined three hours on the only one working 'official pool' and got nothing.  Won't give any comment on it.

However, when I do some math on the design of syncoin, I find I should never mine it.

At difficulty<=1, the reward is approx 10.   I think I can mine ~100 per day with 1Mh/s.
At difficulty~1000, the reward is less than 10k. While at that difficulty,with small rig,  how many coins will you expect to mine? 10?100?
Another question is who is mad to waste the hashpower on this to hit difficulty?

Truth is
The coin amount is 250billion!
You will get few coins per day with 1mh/s.

I'm not mad, I pass it.

However, you are missing the point. This is the SAME for everyone. Anyone with understanding of economic will realise there is no point generating lots of coins because supply rises and price falls.

The coin is quite clever but i think it is ahead of it's time, people are used to getting millions per block and won't get that this coin has potential to release 250 billion or more but will only do so to stabalise price.

Also it is not a get rich quick scheme i guess so a lot of people won't like that part.

You are so wrong.  It is not the same for everyone.

Let's imagine the possibility.  Now normal ppl mine hardly with their small rigs. They get some coins per day (let's say 100-1000). It's fair to everybody now. However, when the difficulty , the coin price and the reward grow,  huge whales will jump in and take most coin away.  It like someone feeds the apple tree but the mature apple will be taken by somebody else.  
ab12321

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:13:27 PM

Are there any active pools other then the offical one currently working?
OrkneyCoiner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

in solidarity, I'll donate some to the other guys with smaller hashpower.

Is 325Kh/s smaller hashpower?  Remember, I have to give 50% of my current SYN to some guy for his house (I have 10.70 SYN -- sure hope he has a nice house!).

now you have double as much.
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:13:56 PM

So , no pool at launch working properly, no source code at launch because the dev want only one pool ...... and not payment from pool .

Great Launch Guys ... congratulations  Grin

1) Pool was working fine, PAYOUTS were delayed and we're working on reimbursements
2) Source code posted a few hours late due to a bug that needed to be patched
3) I made 4 SYN which I've just paid (that's the fee for the pool)
4) Pool paying normally now

1 - Pool does not work at launch
2 - Source code not at launch
3 - for now not payment from pool

Pool works. Megahashes recorded, debug logs confirm.
Source code delayed only a few hours late -- if released, would have crashed network.
Look at the blockchain explorer, it's paying normally.

Donate to The SynCoin Foundation Today:
SynCoin Address: SYnFundYHArvaRGMowXE2v5fQQ4SVdvh5t
Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:14:46 PM

in solidarity, I'll donate some to the other guys with smaller hashpower.

Is 325Kh/s smaller hashpower?  Remember, I have to give 50% of my current SYN to some guy for his house (I have 10.70 SYN -- sure hope he has a nice house!).

dude, you're so awesome ... thanks!   Grin

OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

i'll be happy to vote for NO relaunch..

and i'm happy to receive donation of SYN:

SjErEuQTMcLSUVbiUn68XtSagprHTbNMTT

5 sins sent.
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:16:51 PM

Sent

Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:18:29 PM

Ok my apologies. A friend of mine just explained to me that some probably rented rigs to mine this at release, and thus have a not insignificant amount invested in it. I understand some of the anger and push to not re launch, now. I still think re-launch is necessary for the good of the coin, but, I will refrain from any more hyperbole.

My offer still stands. =)

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

Those of you who say the 'few paltry coins we have don't matter' should put your money where your mouth is. Distribute those 'meaningless' coins among the rest of the community, evenly, since they don't matter. Ah, but you believe they do matter. Exactly why a re launch needs to happen. That is, if the coin is intended to be taken seriously as a long term currency, actually useable to purchase goods and services, and not just as a means to 'get rich quick' for those lucky enough to scrape some up on the aborted release night.

bullsh*t. only 300 blocks with FEW coins were mined.

with relaunching, you'd erode the credibility even more (dev overreacting to a crazy people on this forum).

btw: at least we're not forked atm.

Ok, then split out those few meaningless coins to the community. Post a screenshot of your balance in wallet, then put it all in faucets. Show some good intention, not just blind greed. You won't. I'd bet my house on it.

You go get the contract drawn up and i'll have my solicitor look over it, if it meets his approval i will redistribute every one of the coins in my syncoin wallet to people on here, it will probably be about 0.001 coins each. Although forget it if you don't really own a house. A tree house, wendy house, doll house, mud hut does not count.

2. do the math, he does not need to show you his wallet. Work out the blocks with value of 9.9 each or less. Then gage how many people on here actually mined you will see he can't have more that a couple of hundred coins, a HUGE miner would only have that or a bit more.

If he put all of his coins ... infact if all coins mined were distributed to people who mined or will say they want a.. restart you would get less than 2 coins each....

People don't want a restart who left their machine mining all night last night to have their few coins taken and why would they.

Honestly this coin will be on page 10 in another few days.... people don't really like fair coins. Check out microcoin, elacoin, even scamcoin that was pretty fair nobody bothered with it.

This coin will die as i have said because it will not make a few people rich. It is a long term coin released to short term profit hunters which really we all are.

dont pay people to say no, you will get the thread locked and a ton of other people threatening to vote yes if you don't give them 5 coins, they would probably have never mined this coin anyway.

Take the poll down.

If you want the coin to take off you will need to give much larger incentive for early mining. Right now instaminers and profit hunters have no good reason to mine.

If people want 5 coins which is half a block, which is a LOT consider block time is 4 mins and only released a few hours ago. They must prove they were registered on the pool at launch time. Can't just be blackmailed to giving people that were not even going to mine coins. I mean to get half a block you would need at least a 7950 and mining for a while. Most who will demand coins probably just read about the coin just now lol.

Get rid of the poll before you damage the coin more than you did by vanishing on launch.

agentmike

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:20:02 PM

Sent

5 sins sent.

Smiley
received..
Thank you!

Voted no relaunch
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:21:33 PM

How much did you add to the transaction fee?  It's going to confirm before any of my mined coins. heh

vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:22:27 PM

Well, if we're paying people to vote no to a re launch, can i get paid in dogecoin instead?

DRmRwNotvPUr5veZ6P1bvod47hq9et3DQ1
OrkneyCoiner

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:22:42 PM

How much did you add to the transaction fee?  It's going to confirm before any of my mined coins. heh

it asked for 0.1 sins... so I clicked yes  Cool
Tuck Fheman

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 03:27:04 PM

How much did you add to the transaction fee?  It's going to confirm before any of my mined coins. heh

it asked for 0.1 sins... so I clicked yes  Cool

Ah, generated coins take 120 confirms. That explains it.

It's been a while since I've mined coins like this.

MickeNorsk

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:32:37 PM

I voted no.
SbgTNaWZ3rnE4ZDW4JfuyweyAiabHpDA66

SC: BSGpdD9cCYTGTv4oBMMgZFKjDn3s1gFNHZ
syncoin (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:32:47 PM

Those of you who say the 'few paltry coins we have don't matter' should put your money where your mouth is. Distribute those 'meaningless' coins among the rest of the community, evenly, since they don't matter. Ah, but you believe they do matter. Exactly why a re launch needs to happen. That is, if the coin is intended to be taken seriously as a long term currency, actually useable to purchase goods and services, and not just as a means to 'get rich quick' for those lucky enough to scrape some up on the aborted release night.

bullsh*t. only 300 blocks with FEW coins were mined.

with relaunching, you'd erode the credibility even more (dev overreacting to a crazy people on this forum).

btw: at least we're not forked atm.

Ok, then split out those few meaningless coins to the community. Post a screenshot of your balance in wallet, then put it all in faucets. Show some good intention, not just blind greed. You won't. I'd bet my house on it.

You go get the contract drawn up and i'll have my solicitor look over it, if it meets his approval i will redistribute every one of the coins in my syncoin wallet to people on here, it will probably be about 0.001 coins each. Although forget it if you don't really own a house. A tree house, wendy house, doll house, mud hut does not count.

2. do the math, he does not need to show you his wallet. Work out the blocks with value of 9.9 each or less. Then gage how many people on here actually mined you will see he can't have more that a couple of hundred coins, a HUGE miner would only have that or a bit more.

If he put all of his coins ... infact if all coins mined were distributed to people who mined or will say they want a.. restart you would get less than 2 coins each....

People don't want a restart who left their machine mining all night last night to have their few coins taken and why would they.

Honestly this coin will be on page 10 in another few days.... people don't really like fair coins. Check out microcoin, elacoin, even scamcoin that was pretty fair nobody bothered with it.

This coin will die as i have said because it will not make a few people rich. It is a long term coin released to short term profit hunters which really we all are.

dont pay people to say no, you will get the thread locked and a ton of other people threatening to vote yes if you don't give them 5 coins, they would probably have never mined this coin anyway.

Take the poll down.

If you want the coin to take off you will need to give much larger incentive for early mining. Right now instaminers and profit hunters have no good reason to mine.

If people want 5 coins which is half a block, which is a LOT consider block time is 4 mins and only released a few hours ago. They must prove they were registered on the pool at launch time. Can't just be blackmailed to giving people that were not even going to mine coins. I mean to get half a block you would need at least a 7950 and mining for a while. Most who will demand coins probably just read about the coin just now lol.

Get rid of the poll before you damage the coin more than you did by vanishing on launch.

Can't I leave it till 5p EST?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:41:19 PM

obviously you can do as you want but anyone coming across this thread now will be demanding some coins for doing nothing now.

you have created a coin ahead of its time here, you will always get some moaners.

you will gain nothing from relaunch

nobody thinks here for real you went to bed to gain more coins... the fact is so far there are very few coins so far.

The biggest moaners didn't leave their rigs banging against pools that were down, they switched to other coins.

The people voting yes mostly probably were not even here at launch.

I am not really that bothered either way since it does not make much difference, do what you think best, but if you think relaunching will make this coin more popular you are very wrong. You want a popular coin copy the instamine heaven coins like leaf or topcoin.

Fair coins get shelved here pretty quick.

hearnomore

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

Validation Error Pool is online and ready to hash it up.

http://syn.validerrorpool.com

1% fee, PPLNS, STRATUM, VARDIFF

We're gonna give it a try and see how it goes.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 04:20:07 PM

SThqFXpEDN9Nf4qcy6fEht76oL8hmmGJN1

thank you

Mosphet

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:24:37 PM

SThqFXpEDN9Nf4qcy6fEht76oL8hmmGJN1

thank you

So you have 5MH/s on that rabbit-coin but you're begging for coins here?
Interesting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: