Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Alakazam2000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:42:09 PM

Do you think MINT could ever get to Peercoin value? Hmm...

Nope, we have too many coins

Never say never, Peercoin could go up 10x, so it would not be impossible for us to reach $5

We would need a market cap way bigger than Doge to reach 5$ lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hampuz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:50:49 PM

Never say never, Peercoin could go up 10x, so it would not be impossible for us to reach $5

Would anyone expect Bitcoin to have over $13B market cap? (when at its peak)
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:54:09 PM

Exactly, nobody knows the future, there could be a new coin that overtakes Bitcoin in the future and probably will be, just hope we are all on that train lol!

GEO, RLC & QRL.
Camilio

Activity: 126

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:56:52 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 10:24:35 PM by Camilio

Exactly, nobody knows the future, there could be a new coin that overtakes Bitcoin in the future and probably will be, just hope we are all on that train lol!

Don´t miss the train lol
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:09:10 PM

This train is crowded because ticket costs 0 satoshi.  Cool Now show up the empty train with expensive coins.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
zak9494

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:15:06 PM

Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Hoping for the next Bitcoin here Wink

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!
stackmint

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:26:05 PM

+1  must add!!
doubleninja

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:28:42 PM

Thanks for the info.  I know its impossible to see the future and we still have some time till the 1 block reward but what do you think will happen? You seem like you've seen some cryptos succeed and not.  

What do you mean by the devs have to get services up before the 1 block reward? Like exchanges such as cryptsy or real world acceptance?

Last question lol, What other cryptocurrencies do you hold on to for long term that your betting on beside Bitcoin and Litecoin?

Thanks!

In my case I see a bright future for:
-Mint ( no need to argument, you know why Cheesy )
-Darkcoin, because the anonimity point could really bring some people in
-Doge for the community and the fun around it, I think it can grow in value
makemebeat

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:39:31 PM

Is there any logo contest, I really don't understand? Or it like art or smth like that?
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:43:58 PM

One thing is certain - Mintcoin has had an incredible week!

neilh

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:51:52 PM

Is there any logo contest, I really don't understand? Or it like art or smth like that?

I didn't see it in this thread bounty but is over at reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/1yj93t/contest_voting_time_24_hours_to_choose_mints_new/

I'm not registered at reddit, so just posted it here!
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:55:27 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 11:09:32 PM by Nullu

Does anyone know what the exact dates are of halving and the date it will become only 1 coin reward?
Also Are people holding on to these coins long term or pump and dump because Ive been hear both.

Thanks

Do you want an honest opinion? No, it's not going to be "the next bitcoin", but its price will increase higher than today's maximum. It's coming in waves after each block halving, so it should reach higher after the next halving. I think its value will peak once the block rewards drop to 1, and after that it's anyones guess. People will hold out at least until then, so I think we're only at the beginning. Soon as people see a dip it starts a cycle of panic selling after the pump. When the coin gets even rarer people will buy up even more. There's a lot more money left in this horse.

People behave in fairly predictable ways. If enough people are waiting to buy in at the next halving knowing the value will go up, then merely by consensual agreement the value will go up. Even people here think that it will. If enough act upon that, then we should see hikes and dips all the way to a big hike at 1 coin rewards.

If someone with big money is manipulating the price, then you can bet they'll want to do it again after the next halving.

Until the 1 block rewards kick in, that's how long the devs have to get some services and things ready, because after that it's either adopt or drop. The coin will be adopted if the devs get the services in place before then, but if not people will move on. The price can only stabilise if people believe it has a long-term future. PoS alone won't save it.

And just so you know exactly my bias; I hold about 2.2 million Mint, which I mined last week. I didn't sell today, and won't be selling until at least the 1 block reward kicks in. If adoption keeps the price stable and only suffers a minor dip, then I won't sell at all.

Thanks!

Well by services I mean if the coin doesn't have anything substantial to keep people mining it, or using mint, then why would people stay? People aren't going to mine or trade it for the sake of it, not long-term. It needs stores, and services. It's all well and good mining and trading, but if nobody is using mint, then why would people continue to think it could have long-term value? Why not mine x coin, or y coin instead? PoS is good, but Mint is not the only PoS coin out there.

I don't want to go off-topic and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
guidosuller

Activity: 156

Guido

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

Thanks

Thanks!

Well by services I mean if the coin doesn't have anything substantial to keep people mining it, or using mint, then why would people stay? People aren't going to mine or trade it for the sake of it, not long-term. It needs stores, and services. It's all well and good mining and trading, but if nobody is using mint, then why would people continue to think it could have long-term value? Why not mine x coin, or y coin instead? PoS is good, but Mint is not the only PoS coin out there.

I don't want to go off-topIC and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

only the interests (X mint + X interest =X btc + X interest)
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:16:09 PM

Thanks

Thanks!

I don't want to go off-topic and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

well mining after the reward drops to 1 is almost pointless - but using "mint" could be a different story - it could be used as a store of value and earn interest - similar to an interesting bearing bank account

add it some payment processing and it has long term value

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:26:44 PM

Thanks

Thanks!

well mining after the reward drops to 1 is almost pointless - but using "mint" could be a different story - it could be used as a store of value and earn interest - similar to an interesting bearing bank account

add it some payment processing and it has long term value

Some people will mine, because they have stake in the Coin and don't want the block chain to stop.  I'm not 100% sure but I actually think the transactions will start to be verified threw the PoS.

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:27:58 PM

I don't want to go off-topIC and turn this into an investment portfolio meeting, but the only coin I'm holding right now for long-term investment is PMC. I mine and trade many other coins, but you can just look at my post history to work that out.

The only thing that will sustain MINT are pumps if it's not traded for assets long term speaking.
ATXsilver

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 11:29:36 PM

Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

The Miners who were wise enough to not sell at 3-6 satoshi are going to start hitting the exits hard at the first sign that the big buyer is gone. Also current mining is now 5x more profitable than it was back at 3 Satoshi, I would not be surprised if Coinwarz or another huge outfit slams this coin back down to below 10 satoshi area.

I am still bullish on MintCoin in the long-term however, so don't get me wrong here. I am just saying if you sell at these prices you will be able to buy back in at a much better entry point, and really increase the number of coins you own with the same amount of BTC.

I am actually rolling out some of my profits in MintCoin to invest in Earthcoin, as it is crazy cheap at its current 75 satoshi price.

Just my opinion, but in two days when MintCoin is back at 7 satoshi don't say I didn't warn you.

Cryptsy Trade Key: fa9ad1332f179b704068b9a8a3cac5e08951b516

Sign up to trade on 100+ Alt Cryptos on Cryptsy Here: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=100996

(I will send you a EAC Bonus for signing up under my link above - PM me your Cryptsy trade key once registered)

EAC: eVbBNty7AGwA26ZQpkyVjkoM5XoMiQCoLY

Contact ATXSilver@Gmail.com
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:31:55 PM

Hello there MintCoin community. What a ride the last 24 hours have been! We are all feeling pumped aren't we?

I just sold all my MintCoin today, there has been so much volume come through driving up this price the last 24hrs (420+ Bitcoins or $240,000 cash money) that it is simply unsustainable. A quarter million dollars of mostly buys is certainly likely done by a big player or syndicate. If it is a true long-term investor, he will not keep buying this way as he knows he has inflated his buy price to obtain such a huge amount of coins. If it is a 'pump-n-dump' scam group like Wolong that the crypto-lemmings are so fond of, well, then things could get pretty ugly.

The Miners who were wise enough to not sell at 3-6 satoshi are going to start hitting the exits hard at the first sign that the big buyer is gone. Also current mining is now 5x more profitable than it was back at 3 Satoshi, I would not be surprised if Coinwarz or another huge outfit slams this coin back down to below 10 satoshi area.

I am still bullish on MintCoin in the long-term however, so don't get me wrong here. I am just saying if you sell at these prices you will be able to buy back in at a much better entry point, and really increase the number of coins you own with the same amount of BTC.

I am actually rolling out some of my profits in MintCoin to invest in Earthcoin, as it is crazy cheap at its current 75 satoshi price.

Just my opinion, but in two days when MintCoin is back at 7 satoshi don't say I didn't warn you.

Indeed price correction but at the moment it could shoot back up again, money is still flowing into Mint.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:36:17 PM

I used google to find a few stores, with the name Mint in it.
So there is this really great store if we could get that one to accept mintcoin:
The gold/silver coin shop  Shocked
http://www.mint.ca/store/template/home.jsp

A clothing and shoe store:
http://www.mintshop.com.au/

A interior shop:
http://www.mintshop.co.uk/

If anyone here of the official mintcoin team could get the coin shop to accept Mintcoins, I dont know what to sell them, but just say mintcoin would be a really good investment for them.
Mintcoin would go sick if you can buy gold and silver coins with it, just a idea.
guidosuller

Activity: 156

Guido

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:49:07 PM

You want to buy Cheap what you've given?...
Pages: « 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: