Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MaxCoin | CPU Cloud Mining Guide | MAX VPS // has been LAUNCHED@6.2/7:30 GMT  (Read 105661 times)
varagtp

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:44:23 PM

Can someone please explain as if I was 5. I have solo mining working, but that does not seem to yield any coins  Sad so I want to try pool mining. I got my wallet adress by typing "getnewaddress".

So what do I do now to start pool mining?

I went to http://max.1gh.com/

Should I download it (Windows 64). (I have windows 64)

What is the next step?
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

I think i have finally started mining! My CPU:s are about 80-84 celcius though! Is that ok?
instacalm (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:06:39 PM

Can someone please explain as if I was 5. I have solo mining working, but that does not seem to yield any coins  Sad so I want to try pool mining. I got my wallet adress by typing "getnewaddress".

So what do I do now to start pool mining?

I went to http://max.1gh.com/

Should I download it (Windows 64). (I have windows 64)

What is the next step?

Hi varagtp, you find everything you need described in the guide step by step.
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:15:23 PM

Does it count as "cloud mining" when you mine on your own computer?

Or is that if you mine on some service like this? https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=35eb2c34ba3a

Also if you have managed to get everything up and running on your own computer, how hard is it for a noob to get it up and working on a service like the above?
CanaryDimeCoin

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:48:49 PM

Or is that if you mine on some service like this? https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=35eb2c34ba3a

Also if you have managed to get everything up and running on your own computer, how hard is it for a noob to get it up and working on a service like the above?

No its just if you do on a service like Digital ocean, you can use windows azure too.

Its not hard to do, just follow the steps described in the first page and you will mining on cloud.

Good luck Wink
matthewmoore3

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:58:36 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 02:12:02 PM by matthewmoore3

ok this is totally getting on my tits... its like getting into a psychosis on the starship enterprise...

im not a complete computer dummy.. but i didnt realise you had to be a member of the Chaos Computer Club to get your hands on Maxcoin..   isnt there something for normal human beings.. at this rate the only people in the world with any cash are gona be ones who can use a command prompt properly.. everyone else may aswell be gassed.. what a load of bollcks..

OK.. im trying to get my address.. i have run maxcoind.exe from command prompt..

maxcoind getnewaddress  seems to do something.. but then what? should it display the address?
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

No its just if you do on a service like Digital ocean, you can use windows azure too.

Its not hard to do, just follow the steps described in the first page and you will mining on cloud.

Good luck Wink

I looked at the steps in the first page but they seem so complicated? I get lost at step 8-9 already...

On my computer i just needed to download the zip from 1GH and then adjust the _start.bat file with my Wallet adress.
Cant I do the same from a cloud computer that I hire on digitalocean? DO i need to go through all those steps, i dont understand them :/ Can please explain? Smiley
Alcohoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 02:20:37 PM

How can somebody get more than 4000 MH/S with cpu mining ?
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:25:07 PM

Ok I am following the turoial on first page. I am stuck at

6. Log in to your droplet via SSH

SSH?
roshii

Activity: 34
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

Ok I am following the turoial on first page. I am stuck at

6. Log in to your droplet via SSH

SSH?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

You'd need a client like Putty
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:30:43 PM

Good luck Wink

I looked at the steps in the first page but they seem so complicated? I get lost at step 8-9 already...

On my computer i just needed to download the zip from 1GH and then adjust the _start.bat file with my Wallet adress.
Cant I do the same from a cloud computer that I hire on digitalocean? DO i need to go through all those steps, i dont understand them :/ Can please explain? Smiley

i supose that till step 8 you´re done.

Once you receive the user and password at yoour email, log in to your droplet via SSH (PUTTY) You can download for free. Google it.

The follow the steps. You have to tipe or copy/paste the code once per line:

8.  Relocate into the home directory
Code:
cd ~

9. sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16 press intro and wait till its completed then tipe the next command from the 9 step.

When you finish all, change the wallet adress posted in the command line to run the miner for your adress.

Wink

Decagrog

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:38:40 PM

How can somebody get more than 4000 MH/S with cpu mining ?

Those are mining with cudaminer and nvidia gpu  Roll Eyes

varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:43:32 PM

Good luck Wink

Once you receive the user and password at yoour email, log in to your droplet via SSH (PUTTY) You can download for free. Google it.

Code:
cd ~

9. sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16 press intro and wait till its completed then tipe the next command from the 9 step.

When you finish all, change the wallet adress posted in the command line to run the miner for your adress.

Wink

Ok thansk hm Smiley lets see..

I opened Putty and put in my IP adress I got in my email.
I did not see anywhere to put in my username and password though?
Then I press ok and this pops up, should I press Yes or No, Cancel?  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2014-02-07_153947.png
lqaz

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:53:41 PM

show the screenshots whith mining speed from digitalocean vps
zpply

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:59:19 PM

UPDATED, GET THE NEW 1GH.COM MINER!

Guide updated with the 1GH cpuminer, as apparently the official cpuminer by MaxCoin was flawed...
maxcoinproject: 1gh does not work indeed with your cpuminer. No stratum pool does, you messed up txids.

delete your old cpuminer dir
Code:
cd ~
rm -r cpuminer

Download the 1GH MaxCoin (SHA-3) minerd (+configure and compile)
Code:
git clone https://github.com/1gh/cpuminer
cd cpuminer
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make
strip minerd

Code:
./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u maxwalletaddress -p x

Instacash any way to make sure we are using the 1GH cpuminer? Did the steps above and things appear to be working but zero Total MH/s showing up on maxpool.1gh.com
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:20:27 PM

Good luck Wink

I got it to work on Ocean Smiley What do you mean i can use it on Azure to? Like set up another cloud miner there and have two? Or can i use several miners on Ocean?
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:33:20 PM

Good luck Wink

Code:
cd ~

Wink

Then I press ok and this pops up, should I press Yes or No, Cancel?  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2014-02-07_153947.png

Press yes and loging with your user and password provided in your email.

log in as: root press enter and then you´ll see another line below to enter your password. Tipe the password and press enter.

Once you finish it, start with step 8 and continue with all the comands till "strip minerd" then can run the miner:

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mRQmzB5nzqw4Lx1gvEF7uREBqPv5A6jBYJ -p x (Change the red marked adress for your wallet adress)

Done!

CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

Good luck Wink

I got it to work on Ocean Smiley What do you mean i can use it on Azure to? Like set up another cloud miner there and have two? Or can i use several miners on Ocean?

Windows azure is another service similar to digital ocean, you can use the most you like or both Wink

Google mining quarks on cloud and you´ll find a tutorial for windows azure.
varagtp

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:47:50 PM

Good luck Wink

Code:
cd ~

Wink

Press yes and loging with your user and password provided in your email.

log in as: root press enter and then you´ll see another line below to enter your password. Tipe the password and press enter.

Once you finish it, start with step 8 and continue with all the comands till "strip minerd" then can run the miner:

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mRQmzB5nzqw4Lx1gvEF7uREBqPv5A6jBYJ -p x (Change the red marked adress for your wallet adress)

Done!

I got it working Smiley What about next time i log in? Do i have to repeat all the steps or what should i do then?
Johnny_Max

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:49:49 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 05:30:03 PM by Johnny_Max

Hi!

I've dowloaded the wallet like this:
wget http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/downloads/wallet-linux.zip

And then I'm trying to unzip it like this:
unzip -p Z3l0NEXbv12eycRtCcPY wallet-linux.zip

But it doesn't work! I know a thousand people complained it wasn't working, but has anyone able to unzip it or find an alternative file since? I can't believe no one running linux are mining right now! I'm on a Azure linux virtual machine.

I got the maxcoind file from the main post when trying to mine solo but I get an error saying the file doesn't exist... is it a windows file? Is the only way to mine really is on a windows machine?

Getting desperate here, everything seems to be working but I can't get a wallet number!

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: