Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:31:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Up to .2 Bounty **** Sanity Check****  (Read 2391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lucky Cris (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:28:18 PM

Yes, it's a real bounty. I want someone to conduct a sanity check on me, my posts actually. Not that I truly need validation; just figured this could be interesting (for me at least). I'll try to be brief, after all, you might have some extensive reading to do if you want to claim this bounty.

Background:
Either I don't understand, people don't understand, or there's some type of unknown communication barrier thing going on that I evidently don't understand. Anyways, I find myself having to break 'stuff' down into small bite size pieces just to get a point/idea across. WTF? .03 is what I offered someone who misinterpreted a point I made. I asked him to show me where I said 'it' for .03 btc. Needless to say he didn't even acknowledge my challenge, but kept coming back with trivial rebuttals. He didn't want the bounty so I'm offering it away.

Task:
Review my post history and tell me what you think. Do I make any kind of sense, do I just don't get it, what the hell am I missing? Do I put too much thought into it? Put your higher thinking level hats on and help me understand, it's your assessment. This task will require that you revisit some of the threads I posted/responded to get the whole picture. So simply going to my profile and scrolling my posts may not give you all the info you need.

Reward:
.03 btc awarded per contribution. The amount you end up with depends on how substantial the contribution is. Substantial doesn't necessarily mean length in this context. You'll have to explain your position, providing reference links if you'd like.   

Bonus .05 - There are a few inquiries I made I felt were valid. Based on my perception, as your contributions are based on yours. If you find them and help me make sense of them, I'll give you an extra .05 btc. You'll have to find them all. This is not impossible; you'll recognize them when you see them. 

Rules:
There's no limit to the number of times any one person can contribute and a post can contain more than one contribution. Repeating/rewording what's already been stated without further insight is not considered a contribution. You are free to ask me probing questions.

Twist:
Just to keep in interesting... Your contribution can be challenged by others and you can challenge others' contribution. The winner of the challenge gets the bounty.

Deadline:
I suppose we can give it a few days? Until the bounty is all gone? Let's just play it out, see how it goes. Bounty will be paid at the time of contribution.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:40:52 PM

You're not crazy, but what you do is post a lot of very opiniated things. People tend to react negatively to things they don't agree with. Also, if you want people to take you seriously, don't do things like put arrows next to your words and have a whole bunch of exclamation points and things. That does make you seem a bit crazy. When you retaliate to people like that, they think you're a bit bonkers and treat you like such. Try toning it down a bit.
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:28:20 PM

I sifted through a few pages of your posts:

This is a VERY Diverse forum different levels of education, different backgrounds, beliefs and cultures, as well as many different countries and language barriers and translations.

You combine that with the following:  Internet forums consist of internet bad asses, people correcting grammar, people that just like to fight, people with different points of view, people that logic escapes them, etc.

You are entitled to your opinions and can post however you feel like, but will always have people nit picking and arguing because at the end of the day you are on the internet and people express their opinions that might not agree with yours or they think they can do whatever they want hiding behind a computer screen.

You're/Your reading too much into people questioning what you post on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!! <-------  Grin

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

this thread is crazy

quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:39:12 PM

Your posts are on topic and make sense when you respond. Good use of quotes, and replying, it helps the context.

The tone of voice behind your words is strange. It's lighthearted, sarcastic, and serious. It's funny to read how you react to things, maybe even too seriously at times. It's alright though, the internet needs you.

Here are some examples:
You've got to be pretty dense to somehow assume you know what level of education I achieved. I have enough education to know that you don't need to put 3-5 exclamation points on the end of your sentences. Stupid.
LOL!!!!! <--- You can't be for real. It was for lots of emphasis, but without the yelling. OMG, you must still be in school? Makes sense. Regardless, you just proved my point again that you don't have much comprehension.

Are you stupid? You're turning down free coins!
Your immature behavior along with your overuse of exclamation marks makes you look like you're either stupid or in high school. Only a teenage girl would use "LOL!!!!!". And I'm comprehending you fine, but your attitude and the way you conduct yourself is baffling.

Oh my. The way I 'conduct' myself is baffling (impossible to understand; perplexing) to you is because your brain isn't mature enough to grasp how your rebuttals make no sense. Prove me wrong.

.03 btc will be awarded to you right now if you take me up on my challenge....... <---- look, ellipsis!

Dude get back into gaming
Financial stuff doesn't seem to be your thing
And get some pussy

Oh, I think you think I'm the OP? Ok, I called myself a blonde because I asked for clarification on what PG was hinting at... and now you're posting pics and and trash talking, to me? lol, too much! What I didn't want to assume is whether PG is telling us the OP created this thread on the anniversary of signing up here, and have since dropped off the radar. In other words... we don't know the outcome of OP's subject line. I know I think too damn much, which is why I asked. Didn't realize I was going to confuse anyone by asking that!? Jeez!

From my short existence on this board I realize most of you are simply not on my plain. I find myself having to explain in grave detail some of the most simple concepts that people still don't seem to comprehend. I know I was the smartest in class, but damn! It's not that hard. But you totally just gave me an idea! I'm going to offer a bounty for a sanity check Smiley This should be fun, lol. 
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:40:02 AM

Thank you guys for responding Smiley  Perhaps I should've done this on a day where my few posts weren't centered around having a little bit of fun. There's so much more. Not sure why, but I decided to entertain the thread that inspired me to post this bounty. Outcome below. While most of what's said don't apply to you 3, the main point does. Distractions aren't always bad though.

But I applaud your bravery to take this on; it would be a challenge for me and I get paid to think! Take a moment and skim it. There's a fun game at the end Smiley

You're/Your reading too much into people questioning what you post on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!! <-------  Grin Made me chuckle, thanks Tongue But that's why you did it; effective. But not what you said actually. I'm not questioned often; I question. Also, it was a calculated decision to correct myself. I did it on purpose hoping it would be noticed for this bounty. It did, not how I expected it though.

Also, if you want people to take you seriously, don't do things like put arrows next to your words and have a whole bunch of exclamation points and things. That does make you seem a bit crazy. When you retaliate to people like that, they think you're a bit bonkers and treat you like such. Try toning it down a bit.  Giving it tone was actually the goal. Wink But I guess I could stick to emoticons for expression. That seems to be accepted.[/color]

this thread is crazy   Speechless.

And yet again you continue to show your ignorance and immaturity with the overuse of ellipses. You use grammar like an overexcited highschooler..... LOL!!!!!
http://thewritepractice.com/how-to-use-an-ellipsis-correctly/
I ignored lucky chris after reading his first reply to a comment by me.
Do the same.
Lucky Chris has issues.
Hi Priest! You finally got something you think you can rag on me with, huh? I suppose I do have issues. Issue being: I'm now convinced we really are getting dumber. Over 500 posts with less than 20 examples of punctuation overuse, and the day I exaggerated its use (yes, the arrows were to tease), people just can't get enough of it.

Interesting how the mundane distracts from the message, isn't it? People would rather focus on the level/type of emphasis a person place on their words, rather than the content itself. Here we are - in a digital age where emoticons, memes and acronyms so long they're words by themselves, is okay. As long as whatever you convey remains flat (evidently it's a crime to express attitude in written words).   

And what an epic failure on both of you guys' posts. You're taunting me for expressing attitude in an otherwise toneless (written words) environment - citing grammar use articles when both of your posts contain at least two each! And different ones at that, not just punctuation! Now who looks stupid? Sigh. I can't even believe I'm still entertaining this, but I'll try one more time, give you an opportunity to understand...

Short, fun exercise for you two. But first a warning: It's going to provoke the firing of electricity in parts of your brain that probably hasn't been activated in a long time. It might feel a slight tingle, okay? Here we go!

Think of something - anything. Now, react to it using the word Seriously (it helps if you say it out loud). Allow for a moment to absorb what you said. With your knowledge of punctuation, try to incorporate the expression verbally. Remember, you're responding to something in this exercise.

Seriously.
Seriously?
Seriously!

Standard interpretation/reaction. Nothing about the response gives you anymore information than the obvious. Now, do the same here:

1) Seriously...
2) Seriously???
3) Seriously!!!

Did you hear/recognize the difference? I'll go first. Scenario I thought of: I opened an old archived bitcoin address and unexpectedly found 2.0078BTC.

My reaction/response to 1-3 above (remember the word has to be coupled with the expression). I won't tell you all, just enough so you can get the picture.

1) Hand up to my mouth in the 'thinking' position. I feel like I'm lost in thought for a second.
2) Wide 50 cent piece sized eyes, raised eyebrows, mouth wide open. I feel like this is unbelievable.
3) Jumped out of my chair with excitement. Laughing out loud. I feel like I just hit the lottery.

Now you try! You can even mix them up - have fun. What was your reaction to: Seriously?!?

DrHerbSmoker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:49:59 AM

Of course we do. We mine too.  Cool  Grin

you are a woman. so yes you are insane Smiley jkjk   lol idk if this counts as contributions

btc address 1AApYe6PAMFZ4U1zsxDGwJjRufFENm8wZc
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 02:19:45 AM

this thread is crazy

I found the reason.

http://imgur.com/PHVmQaw

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
backtrackit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:40:39 AM

K, evidently I'm an idiot... I think I must've clicked on a link in someone's signature. I'm signed into correct site now. Can you credit the 5mBTC to username LuckyCris now? Thanks! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238323.msg3553536#msg3553536

Well evidently you're an idiot Cheesy

Epic confusion.

A 51% attack is then the attacker blockchain voluntarily ignore every other blocks. An honest 51% holder would accept the blocks found by other people.

Well I'm sure as hell confused now if I weren't before. Are you talking about a blockchain fork, pseudo blockchains and such? No... wait, that can be done if the powerhouse pool wanted to do such a thing... but just to make sure I understand.... you're saying that if the pool with the majority of computing power is honest, it will accept other pools' blocks? Forgive my confusion... I just don't understand what this has to do with the price of rice in China.

And you seem to get confused a lot Cheesy

But after taking everything into consideration, I would say you are has sane as the next person on here...

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:45:38 AM

Your posts are on topic and make sense when you respond. Good use of quotes, and replying, it helps the context.

The tone of voice behind your words is strange. It's lighthearted, sarcastic, and serious. It's funny to read how you react to things, maybe even too seriously at times. It's alright though, the internet needs you.

Well done. You captured the essence that tone is for the benefit of the reader. I get a sense you appreciate higher level thinking so I have confidence the first bounty is yours Smiley Just one inquiry:

A common reason tone is used in text is to enhance the message for the purpose of further engaging the audience. I think it gives a sense of personalization to the reader, of course with the caveat that everyone's perception is different. But that's not a bad thing, we're individuals after all. I'm curious though... why is it strange? It's versatile (like real life), I presume effective for those who can appreciate. There's got to be more to it than the typical nerd stereotype shenanigans we're all familiar with. Surely we nerds are smart enough to realize this, right? Or do I need to find a forum for intellectuals?

Please respond with your thoughts and bitcoin address Smiley

lynn_402

Merit: 253

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:48:14 AM

I believe you give too much importance to what others think. This is an online forum, of course you'll come across hordes of stubborn egomaniacs who won't try to begin to understand what you have to say.

Your writing style shows you have a lot of manic creativity, and that's certainly not a bad thing! To others it may seem like a lack of sanity, but I think it's the opposite: its the expression of a higher level of life. As long as you're able to never lose sight of pure reason, like you seem to do well, I don't believe there's any problem.

Thanks Smiley
1GQKibbH9uBuzZwQMhiKdH1MKnnc8k8x6y
lynn_402

Merit: 253

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:51:04 AM

And I have to say your posts are quite entertaining, it feels like reading a joyful version of William S. Burrough Wink
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:53:24 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:06:02 AM by Bit_Happy

Review my post history and tell me what you think. Do I make any kind of sense...

This post is very clear since:
  • You had good use of bullet points
  • The post was long, but still easy to read
  • Good job, I like bullet points  Cheesy
  • A lovely string of b.points here too.

Thank you
15DYJpWJe9H1YofsNQbP9JEWWNn7XPZgbS

edit:
This one
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=357364.msg3844128#msg3844128
might be easier to read if you had used some bullet points in the long first section.

Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:54:03 AM

Of course we do. We mine too.  Cool  Grin

you are a woman. so yes you are insane Smiley jkjk   lol idk if this counts as contributions

lol, aren't we all? Grin  Sorry, a contribution but it could be the start. Wink   I'm surprised you snagged that comment; it was embedded deep between the novels I feel compelled to write sometimes. Heck, people who's followed me around a time or two still thinks I'm a guy. I'm sure an even bigger surprise to find out I'm black.

durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:04:53 AM

Of course we do. We mine too.  Cool  Grin

you are a woman. so yes you are insane Smiley jkjk   lol idk if this counts as contributions

lol, aren't we all? Grin  Sorry, a contribution but it could be the start. Wink   I'm surprised you snagged that comment; it was embedded deep between the novels I feel compelled to write sometimes. Heck, people who's followed me around a time or two still thinks I'm a guy. I'm sure an even bigger surprise to find out I'm black.

lol so it was a contribution

DrHerbSmoker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:09:13 AM

your also an avid poker player witch could add to the crazyness. atleast you like action and swings so ya
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:35:38 AM

Hello Vod. I'm a little surprised you navigated this way; thought I made your ignore list. But even if so, no insult taken. I'm used to not having many willing to challenge me.

But thank you for capturing this Smiley  I totally consider this a gift (I'm sure the opposite of your intentions). Actually... isn't 6 considered the perfect number? Interesting. You know, sometimes I wonder what's the alternative motive (if there is one) behind some of your posts. Conversations I've held with people of few words are sometimes more enlightening than most. I suppose because 'quite' people don't spend a lot of time running at the mouth, they actually have more time to reflect. But oh boy, when they decide open their mouth. They could blow your mind.

edok

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:52:00 AM

All right here goes nothing. First of all, please don't take offense to anything I'm saying. These are merely observations combining my experience communicating in a work environment, on this thread, and in life.  Smiley

#1 Look at the above sentence. How does it sit with you? What do you perceive to be my tone? Being more specific, what does the smiley face emoticon accomplish? How would the tone change without it? These are questions worth considering because you use a lot of smiley faces. The problem is, you seem to use them in every scenario. When you're critiquing someone, it may come off as coy, sly, and usually has a hint of condescension. Or, the reader simply won't know what to make of it. In my opinion, smiley face emoticons are some of the most ambiguous, frustrating, and frankly annoying ways that people try to communicate their feelings. I only use smiley faces when communicating with my wife. When I receive them from coworkers, I see it as unprofessional. When they are used frequently, I tend to think that the person using them is too insecure to be direct.

#2 Expectations. You're overall tone is professional. This is good because I'm assuming that you're moneymaker job is handling court cases and not responding to users on a bitcoin forum. It's also something that people don't really expect to see in a thread. It's a politeness that is largely absent wherever identities are unknown. When users see this type of communication in an environment where flame wars occur everyday and trolls abound, they're not sure what to make of it. It may come across as fake or again, condescending because of their expectations for how people communicate. I'm sure you don't mean to do this, and I wouldn't take this to the bank, but it's worth thinking about what type of user is on this thread and what they're expectations are for communicating.

Personally, I think you are a good communicator. I think if you went easy on the smileys people would respect you more. Also, I think you could be more direct when the situation calls for it.

1CkAZGuvykGt3TR6DxrCH3CVTD8pvMoECR

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:59:06 AM

Hello Vod. I'm a little surprised you navigated this way; thought I made your ignore list. But even if so, no insult taken. I'm used to not having many willing to challenge me.

But thank you for capturing this Smiley  I totally consider this a gift (I'm sure the opposite of your intentions). Actually... isn't 6 considered the perfect number? Interesting. You know, sometimes I wonder what's the alternative motive (if there is one) behind some of your posts. Conversations I've held with people of few words are sometimes more enlightening than most. I suppose because 'quite' people don't spend a lot of time running at the mouth, they actually have more time to reflect. But oh boy, when they decide open their mouth. They could blow your mind.

I was just making a joke.   Wink  Why would you make my ignore list?  What did you do?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lucky Cris (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:32:20 AM

K, evidently I'm an idiot... I think I must've clicked on a link in someone's signature. I'm signed into correct site now. Can you credit the 5mBTC to username LuckyCris now? Thanks! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238323.msg3553536#msg3553536

Well evidently you're an idiot Cheesy

Epic confusion.

A 51% attack is then the attacker blockchain voluntarily ignore every other blocks. An honest 51% holder would accept the blocks found by other people.

Well I'm sure as hell confused now if I weren't before. Are you talking about a blockchain fork, pseudo blockchains and such? No... wait, that can be done if the powerhouse pool wanted to do such a thing... but just to make sure I understand.... you're saying that if the pool with the majority of computing power is honest, it will accept other pools' blocks? Forgive my confusion... I just don't understand what this has to do with the price of rice in China.

And you seem to get confused a lot Cheesy

But after taking everything into consideration, I would say you are has sane as the next person on here...

You're warm! Hopefully since you discovered this you'll be able to finish before someone else takes it.

You actually took BOTH of these out of context, but I'm glad you dug up the second part. Smiley  Here's your chance to get .03BTC and redeem yourself. A bonus inquiry is also part of this thread. But unfortunately you're thought process is somewhat skewed for this task and you over looked it. So now you and everyone else knows where to find 1 out of the 5 bonus items. Get all of them - you'll be awarded .05!

Ok, back to where you can find free coins -
First, I'm not confused. I hope you know that I'm not really an idiot, nor do I think of myself as such. I was being facetious in both of these posts. Sorry it went over your head. The first post has some significance (overall). Your takeaway from that post should've been that I must be pretty damn confident in my intelligence level to call myself an idiot on a public forum. If* you change your perspective from me being an idiot, to actually having a broad knowledge base, you can succeed here.

Clarification for everyone since you messed this up:

NOT ME:
"Epic confusion.
"

ME:
"Well I'm sure as hell confused now if I weren't before. Are you talking about a blockchain fork, pseudo blockchains and such? No... wait, that can be done if the powerhouse pool wanted to do such a thing... but just to make sure I understand.... you're saying that if the pool with the majority of computing power is honest, it will accept other pools' blocks? Forgive my confusion... I just don't understand what this has to do with the price of rice in China."

Again, totally NOT confused. Perhaps you'll be somewhat impressed. To clarify what occurred in that part of the thread - that person attempted to insult my intelligence. The end result was the other way around - I made him look confused, because he was. Not me. Do outside research if you must, to get an understanding of forking, pseduo blockchains, and 51% attacks. You'll miss it if you don't understand these concepts.

Everything I stated in that post was deliberate. When you read the thread, you'll see how my response to him is actually offensive (yet playful). This isn't even the post that I actually called him out on; when you read that part, you'll probably laugh.

Good luck!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: