Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:06:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
  Print  
Author Topic: [OFFLINE] SIMPLECOIN.US [PPLNS/SMPPS]  (Read 37995 times)
simplecoin (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:13:06 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2012, 06:41:50 PM by simplecoin

SIMPLECOIN.US

Notice: GG & TBX pools will be closing on February 1, 2012. Please clear out any GG & TBX balances before they are closed.
Proportional BTC/NMC will close after next found block

Merged Mining!

CurrencyPools Available
Merged BTC/NMCSMPPS/PPLNS
LTCProp

Dedicated Pool ONLINE
Dedicated SQL Server ONLINE
Live Sql backup/replication ONLINE
Please PM me with any issues you come across.

0 fees, 0 transactions fees
(Your donation percent starts at 1, but you are free to change)

Pool details:
  • Merged Bitcoin/Namecoin & Litecoin
  • Dedicated Servers (8core Xeon E5520 @ 2.26GHz) sitting in the XO datacenter in Los Angeles
  • PoolserverJ
  • Optimized multi-threaded clients for faster response and less stale shares
  • BIP30 support
  • RollNTime support
  • Live server backups
  • Balances paid and calculated to full 8 decimals
  • Transparent Calculations and Payment System with Source Code
  • LastNShares , SMPPS, or Proportional round scoring!
  • 0% fee
  • No transaction fees
  • Instant or Automatic cashout available with positive balance!
  • Live share counts and estimates
  • Site and user graphs
  • Long polling for less stale shares
  • Worker monitor for less downtime
  • Forum and live web chat via #simplecoin on Freenode IRC
  • Current Round Payout estimation
  • JSON account/worker monitoring API
  • Web worker/account moniter (thanks to: btc-poolwatch.com)
  • Account/worker monitor for Chrome
  • SSL supported
  • currency address locking available
  • Password recovery
  • Mining Teams

To get started, setup an account at simplecoin.us.
You should have a miner auto-created on registration: user=username.1, password=x;
To change your pool, goto account details and select a pool for your worker. Then update worker!
login with your favorite miner at pool.simplecoin.us:8337 or pool.simplecoin.us:80 if you're behind a firewall.

Pool Addresses & Ports (for the few clients that have proxy issues)
PoolAddressPort
BTC/NMC - SMPPSpool.simplecoin.us8995
BTC/NMC - PPLNSpool.simplecoin.us8999
LTC - Proppool.simplecoin.us8767

Above all else I want to operate this pool honestly and be as helpful as I can to the pool users.
For complete transparency the all client transactions logs are available at https://simplecoin.us/transactionlog.php
If you have any features you wish to see implemented or have any suggestions, I'm always open.

Thanks for your hashes,
Mike aka simplecoin

Donations: 1VjGJHPtLodwCFBDWsHJMdEhqRcRKdBQk
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:13:39 AM

New framework, new thread!

3 Pools to choose from:
Proportional - (your shares / pool shares) * 50btc
LastNshares - (your shares in the last 1/2 difficulty shares / pool shares in the last 1/2 difficulty shares) * 50btc
SMPPS - your shares * ((1/difficulty) * 50btc)

Feel free to split your machines as you see fit. I have machines in each of the pools!

Currently, the only currency is bitcoins, but in the future I will add more based on demand and availability.

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 06:58:45 PM

1BTC Block finder bonus for next 10 blocks!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 07:37:42 PM

Making some changes to SMPPS code, don't worry if your unconfirmed balance bounces around. It will readjust shortly.

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 11:46:16 AM

I'm glad to see things are going well.

I've been looking around at other pools as always but once again simplecoin.us seems to be the best for me.  The closest competitor in my opinion is mineco.in which annoyingly lacks a feature to donate a percentage of earnings to the pool.  rfcpool is a little further behind due to it's particularly stupid "Grace period for previous-block share submissions, resulting in LOW stale rates!".  Both have the transaction fee reward advantage over simplecoin.us though.

I'm hoping my 720 MH/s can net one of these promotional Bitcoins. Smiley
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 07:46:37 PM

I'm hoping my 720 MH/s can net one of these promotional Bitcoins. Smiley

Me too at full prop
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2011, 08:33:52 PM

Setting up merged mining on the old pool server now.

teukon
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 08:54:55 PM

Me too at full prop

Yeah, the proportional pool is already more than 50% the size of the PPLNS pool!  I also like that I can practically see your stales rate in the proportional pool efficiency.

Setting up merged mining on the old pool server now.

Awesome news!
simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 06:50:33 PM

Since many new users to the pool do not like the current estimate scheme (which was originally from user request/confusion months ago), I'd like to get an idea of what the current users would prefer.

So, would you prefer precise estimates that do not grow with difficulty, or do you prefer the way they are now?

My vote is for precise.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 07:34:40 PM

I don't really care as long as pay out is correct! I usually just approximate my own out with a calc anyway!

teukon
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 10:00:53 PM

To be honest, I don't understand what the 'estimate' score actually measures.  For the PPLNS pool it would be nice to know how much I'd receive if a block were suddenly found.  Currently I do not have enough information to work this out.

If there's one thing I like about this pool it's the stats.  More stats are always welcome in my book.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 01:01:58 AM

Are the three pools independent of each other? Or are we all still working together, just with different payout options?

Seems to me they are separate!  Which sucks, because we are now three pools that will never find a block! each is under 10Gh/s!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 02:07:22 AM

Are the three pools independent of each other? Or are we all still working together, just with different payout options?

Seems to me they are separate!  Which sucks, because we are now three pools that will never find a block! each is under 10Gh/s!

It is 3 separate pools.

However, merged mining will be up very soon as will GeistGeld. I assume solidcoins will also be getting close.

It's unlikely that I will offer all the pool options for the new coins, I'm thinking prop for geistgeld, pplns & smpps for solidcoin and I'm not sure about merged.

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 08:12:54 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2011, 08:37:29 AM by simplecoin

Preliminary support for GeistGeld up. Still working out the kinks but it's live for testing.

Also, due to an underwhelming response.... Estimates are now pure proportional.

teukon
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 10:44:16 AM

It is 3 separate pools.

However, merged mining will be up very soon as will GeistGeld. I assume solidcoins will also be getting close.

It's unlikely that I will offer all the pool options for the new coins, I'm thinking prop for geistgeld, pplns & smpps for solidcoin and I'm not sure about merged.

Some thoughts on merged mining and PPLNS:

For merged mining I hope you are planning to essentially extend one or more of the existing pools rather than create a new pool.  Creating a new PPLNS merged mining pool would almost certainly kill the existing PPLNS pool which would mean a great loss for the simplecoin users who have submitted a great deal of the last difficulty/2 shares.

I would naturally want to use the same value of N for both Bitcoin and Namecoin for simplicity.  Is there a good reason why this would be unwise?

When merged mining hits, most Bitcoin users will be much more interested in the income bonus than in the namecoins and will naturally gravitate to pools which simply offer a 20% bonus to their BTC payout than to those that just give them the namecoins.  Personally I feel that a good pool should not try to also be an exchange but good links and instructions on how to trade earned namecoins into bitcoins will probably be very helpful.  Ideally, people should be able to mine and profit from namecoins without ever having to download the Namecoin client or create a Namecoin wallet (easily send coins straight from the pool to an exchange).

May I ask why with PPLNS you use such a large value of N?  I see that larger values of N can reduce variance (if the pool is big enough) but it also increases the risk (each share only attains it's full value if the pool survives for another N shares).  PPLNS (where N is independent of pool size) is a trapezoid scheme and I think it is prudent to keep the height of the trapezoid as low as possible.  Even values of N greater than 10`000 make me uneasy Smiley.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 11:01:43 AM

i think something is up with gg! we have 1100 shares at 30 diff? just thought id try this out for the day, but it seems broken!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 12:03:40 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2011, 12:41:27 PM by simplecoin

i think something is up with gg! we have 1100 shares at 30 diff? just thought id try this out for the day, but it seems broken!

Yes, it is still experimental. There is also no long-polling support yet (so use cgminer).

I'm working with the creator to get things sorted. The blockchain is live though.

IF YOU ARE MINING ANY NEWLY ADDED COIN, BE SURE TO LOG OUT AND BACK IN!

simplecoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 01:22:29 PM

It is 3 separate pools.

Some thoughts on merged mining and PPLNS:

For merged mining I hope you are planning to essentially extend one or more of the existing pools rather than create a new pool.  Creating a new PPLNS merged mining pool would almost certainly kill the existing PPLNS pool which would mean a great loss for the simplecoin users who have submitted a great deal of the last difficulty/2 shares.

I would naturally want to use the same value of N for both Bitcoin and Namecoin for simplicity.  Is there a good reason why this would be unwise?

When merged mining hits, most Bitcoin users will be much more interested in the income bonus than in the namecoins and will naturally gravitate to pools which simply offer a 20% bonus to their BTC payout than to those that just give them the namecoins.  Personally I feel that a good pool should not try to also be an exchange but good links and instructions on how to trade earned namecoins into bitcoins will probably be very helpful.  Ideally, people should be able to mine and profit from namecoins without ever having to download the Namecoin client or create a Namecoin wallet (easily send coins straight from the pool to an exchange).

May I ask why with PPLNS you use such a large value of N?  I see that larger values of N can reduce variance (if the pool is big enough) but it also increases the risk (each share only attains it's full value if the pool survives for another N shares).  PPLNS (where N is independent of pool size) is a trapezoid scheme and I think it is prudent to keep the height of the trapezoid as low as possible.  Even values of N greater than 10`000 make me uneasy Smiley.

While I agree on most points....

The PPLNS value of 1/2 difficulty is arbitrary and seemed to be standard at the time I implemented it.

Also, I most likely will be using a separate pool for Merged Mining. At least until everything is stabilized. Once I'm comfortable with the results I most likely will merge it.

teukon
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 05:14:15 PM

While I agree on most points....

The PPLNS value of 1/2 difficulty is arbitrary and seemed to be standard at the time I implemented it.

Also, I most likely will be using a separate pool for Merged Mining. At least until everything is stabilized. Once I'm comfortable with the results I most likely will merge it.

Having thought about it a little more I see that it is very likely that you thought about this problem already and have stored Bitcoins from the first N shares in order to pay off the holders of the last N shares.  In this case no merging is necessary, the pool can simply be closed at any point and everyone will receive their fair reward.  I also see that this is the correct way to handle changes in N (i.e. changes in difficulty) for otherwise there would be a minor pool hopping problem.  Man, I've gone such a long time not appreciating this deeper elegance to PPLNS; my apologies for the previous post.  Indeed, this completely and perfectly solves all of my apprehension about large values of N and it seems the only factors are variance and payment lag.

There was I thinking there was 12.5 BTC worth of debt in the current PPLNS pool and was worried that that value had been mistakenly given out to the submitters of the first N shares!  *slaps forehead*

If the pool operator of a PPLNS pool also publishes all of the submitted shares (probably requiring a much higher share difficulty).  I can see now how it's fully possible to have a reward system which is completely fair to both user and pool operator, with no risk other than share variance and no required trust on either side!  Just this realisation has made my day. Smiley
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 09:57:58 PM

lol! I can't figure out how to use the console for GG!
Where do I find a walet address?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
  Print  

Jump to: