Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USDT Tether safe?  (Read 23432 times)
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:46:04 PM

I think USDT is as safe as any other Cryptocurrency from Top 10 (except that it is stable)...
And it is possible that it could collapse or even disappear...
So, I think it is not so safe as fiat...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:49:16 PM

There used to be an allegation on USDT that they don't have the funds to back up the coin until sometime around June, last year when an audit was conducted and it was announced that USDT had the necessary funds to back up the coin. With this, I can say that to a large extent, USDT is safe and can be relied upon.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:49:38 PM

USDT is very safe, but not for investment, because these coins tend to be stable, making it less suitable for long-term investing or short-term trading. USDT will be more useful for securing our assets temporarily. if you trade and want to secure your profit, save it temporarily in USDT, and then you can use it to buy coins again
NO please do not do this, the day is not far when tether drops to its real price 0...dont fall asleep holding this scam, or you will wake up oneday broke.

Only use real fiat exchanges and trade coins for real fiat.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:51:58 PM

I think USDT is a fairly secure cryptocurrency. Based on a real capital in dolar. This coin is stable and helps traders and investors. But the market has not yet experienced a complete collapse, so no one knows if the USDT crisis will survive.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:52:14 PM

There used to be an allegation on USDT that they don't have the funds to back up the coin until sometime around June, last year when an audit was conducted and it was announced that USDT had the necessary funds to back up the coin. With this, I can say that to a large extent, USDT is safe and can be relied upon.
STOP LYING...show us where it was announced the Audit links then?

USDT has NEVER been audited....in 5 years 0 audits.
They were in Court recently and clearly admitted they only have around 75% backed and even that is not with realfiat, but a mixture of assets.

Also nobody knows where the 75% assets backing came from.
USDT is printed from thin air by scammers and backed with lies.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:55:09 PM

I think USDT is a fairly secure cryptocurrency. Based on a real capital in dolar. This coin is stable and helps traders and investors. But the market has not yet experienced a complete collapse, so no one knows if the USDT crisis will survive.

Show me where it is backed by real $
They admit themselves its not.

FelippeHeinz

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:55:49 PM

I personally do not trust tether, there are other better options on the market such as tusd for example.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 05:51:21 PM

For me it is so very risky. It is not advisable to hold USDT specially in a long term investment. Actually all of crypto is risky specially USDT this is only back up and unlike bitcoin USDT nothing proves it's power yet. So for me even bitcoin will suffer in dump situation I will still trust and invest in BTC rather than USDT. But remember that nothing is safe in this industry.
You cannot compare bitcoin and a so called stable coin which is not transparent, the entire market is created because of bitcoin and you cannot trust the rest of the coins, but bitcoin is here to stay and if you are investing in bitcoin and do not make stupid decisions no one will end up in a loss. USDT is already under investigation because of their business practices and as you said it is not safe as you never know when the USDT market will vanish to zero.
Stakeey

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:06:05 AM

As safe as the dollar is, its basically US dollar in digital form so perhaps the correct answer is no, not safe at all, at least not from the cartels of central banking
elewton

Activity: 407
Merit: 100

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:23:58 AM

For me it is so very risky. It is not advisable to hold USDT specially in a long term investment. Actually all of crypto is risky specially USDT this is only back up and unlike bitcoin USDT nothing proves it's power yet. So for me even bitcoin will suffer in dump situation I will still trust and invest in BTC rather than USDT. But remember that nothing is safe in this industry.
If you want to make a profit then you will definitely use USDT because this is a stable coin that is always stable at $1. In fact, if you hold Bitcoin, it will not make you a profit if you don't sell and holding USDT will tell you exactly the profit so you can consider the next investment. In this market, USDT is considered as Fiat and you can buy or sell any coin available in this market.

jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 06:26:55 AM

As safe as the dollar is, its basically US dollar in digital form so perhaps the correct answer is no, not safe at all, at least not from the cartels of central banking
Now everyone uses the digital dollar as their main asset in the cryptocurrency market. Even Bitcoin now has less liquidity than USDT on the market.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:17:24 PM

Hello.

Can it be exchanged 1:1 ratio to USD and where?
In other words where could I get 100 USD for 100 TUSD?

trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:38:27 PM

As for me, USDT is safe, I often use it and it suits me completely like steyblkoin, but on the other hand I hear a lot of negativity in its direction

For now, it seems to be safe, especially for those guys, who want to save their money from inflation. Despite the fact that Tether is a very ambiguous token, at the moment it is the most popular and most sought after. For sure, all USDT coins are secured with real US dollars, and Tether's assets always exceeded the market capitalization of cryptocurrency. Let us wait what happens with it when Libra appears.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:56:56 PM

As for me, USDT is safe, I often use it and it suits me completely like steyblkoin, but on the other hand I hear a lot of negativity in its direction

For now, it seems to be safe, especially for those guys, who want to save their money from inflation. Despite the fact that Tether is a very ambiguous token, at the moment it is the most popular and most sought after. For sure, all USDT coins are secured with real US dollars, and Tether's assets always exceeded the market capitalization of cryptocurrency. Let us wait what happens with it when Libra appears.

Why is this thread full of liars and people that have no clue on what they are talking about?

USDT IS NOT secured with 1-1 real dollars, they admit this themselves.

75% backed with a mix of assets...which are unknown....and more important is the transaction order before USDT gets printed is unknown.
Never been audited.

The USDT scam will end soon and many will lose alot of money.
Prepare now, there will be not be enough liquidity to change into real $.
You have all had plenty of warnings, so dont cry when USDT gets shut down, exchanges close down and take your funds.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:59:37 PM

https://beincrypto.com/tether-co-founder-it-doesnt-really-matter-if-usdt-backed-by-equal-amount-of-dollars/

The whole crux of the Tether controversy rests on the fact that the leading stablecoin likely is not backed by what it claims to have in reserves. With the Tether Treasury minting more USDT on a semi-consistent basis, it may feel like a lot of USDT is just some hot air based on ‘trust.’ However, in a shocking admission by the co-founder of Tether, that may just be all there is to it.

As Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg Radio reports, William Quigley, both the CEO of WAX and the Co-founder of Tether, believes that having the exact amount of USD reserves to back USDT is not that important. In fact, what is important is that investors believe it is worth $1.
Made it a bit larger for those that cant read clearly.

Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:01:55 PM

No in this market there is lots of stable coin available. But few year earlier there was very few stable coins and usdt is most popular among them. And people used it with no doubt. But suddenly a fud came to the market that it is not fully backed by asset and they printed usdt whenever they wanted. Suddenly the whole stable coin market started to swing. Many stable coin started to come some big company and some big company exchange started to offer it. But I am still using usdt and its working fine for me.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:09:33 PM

No in this market there is lots of stable coin available. But few year earlier there was very few stable coins and usdt is most popular among them. And people used it with no doubt. But suddenly a fud came to the market that it is not fully backed by asset and they printed usdt whenever they wanted. Suddenly the whole stable coin market started to swing. Many stable coin started to come some big company and some big company exchange started to offer it. But I am still using usdt and its working fine for me.
Not fud, facts came out and the lies were exposed.

Azuliand

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:48:53 PM

Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
Usdt has been on the market and there is bad news about this coin , but as of now a lot of stablecoin , it is better to diversifitsirovat and keep not only in usdt , take another tusd and usdc , these coins have passed the audits.

[ EFT ] EASY FEEDBACK TOKEN [ EFT ] YOUR FEEDBACK MOVES THE WORLD (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 11:37:27 PM

What is clear is that the USDT is not a legal currency, the conditions are the same as other cryptocurrency. my advice is to use theter only for payment, not for investment

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 11:51:00 PM

USDT is still in vogue, a lot of exchanges uses it, So there is nothing wrong in using it. Well, a new might come up in future, but that is nt relevnat for now. Although, it was said that it is also used in manipulating the market, yet it can be useful by individuals.
I am also looking forward to the time I will start using it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: