augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:07:19 AM

@wangbus

Maybe you can help answer some questions from the OP

How are you sure Wangbus is able to accomplish this task? Have you seen any work that he is done, and if so can that work be made public?

Why does his company not have a website? Has he ever done any projects before?

Do you have a legal contract with Wangbus and if you do would you be willing to make it public?

Did slickage accept BTC or fiat? Can we see the transaction in the blockchain?

Thanks!

I already said the work for our company is NDA or on a need to know basis. We don't do marketing because we are already fully booked with customers and projects. If you would like more validity, throw me some developers that know what they're doing and they can tell you if I'm legit. Smiley

So you are doing an open source software but you cannot disclose the work?

Your bullshit "NDA" excuse is not going to work here.

Let's try again: did you designed a forum software before? Could you provide a reference?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:09:08 AM

Let's try again: did you designed a forum software before? Could you provide a reference?

No they havent, and they aren't affiliated with Slickage, its just someone messing with us.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:14:37 AM

No they havent, and they aren't affiliated with Slickage, its just someone messing with us.

Angry
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:20:58 AM

Thats incorrect. They really are. Note the age of the account: I whitelisted it a while back for them on request.  It's the real deal.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:27:32 AM

Thats incorrect. They really are. Note the age of the account: I whitelisted it a while back for them on request.  It's the real deal.

I'm still incredibly skeptical, there are more than a few inconsistencies here. There was never mention of any NDA, nor any mention that any work had actually begun yet. Theymos had said that they were planning on collecting information from the forum users to see what things they think should be implemented, yet work has already been done, and they have been given no feedback yet?
gmaxwell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:32:14 AM

I'm still incredibly skeptical, there are more than a few inconsistencies here.
I dunno what to say but it's the right person.

There was never mention of any NDA, nor any mention that any work had actually begun yet.
I think you're misreading what was said there, I think he was referring to past work they've done, not the forum work.
taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:55:42 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm currently employed by Slickage Studios as a Senior Software Engineer. I wanted to post on here since it seems like we're making ourselves public and to let you guys know that's we're real software engineers with real experience in the field. I'm pretty sure you guys are going to Google the hell out of our handles so we've gone ahead and used the handles that we use in our day to day lives. So have at it.

I'll try to be online in this forum as must as possible to field questions, and give updates when appropriate.

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.
taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:03:34 AM

I'm still incredibly skeptical, there are more than a few inconsistencies here.
I dunno what to say but it's the right person.

There was never mention of any NDA, nor any mention that any work had actually begun yet.
I think you're misreading what was said there, I think he was referring to past work they've done, not the forum work.

Correct. The NDA was in reference to previous work we've done with other clients. We would love to  share more about our previous customers but this was a decision on their side and we have to respect their wishes. As for the forum code, it will be open source. No NDA here.

taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:10:47 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm currently employed by Slickage Studios as a Senior Software Engineer. I wanted to post on here since it seems like we're making ourselves public and to let you guys know that's we're real software engineers with real experience in the field. I'm pretty sure you guys are going to Google the hell out of our handles so we've gone ahead and used the handles that we use in our day to day lives. So have at it.

I'll try to be online in this forum as must as possible to field questions, and give updates when appropriate.

Why is your site blank? http://slickage.com/ I have worked with many developers and they always have the web of the company up so we know who is the in the company like you. Otherwise you saying you are in the company really has no weight behind it.

In all honesty, we just haven't had time. Since the start of the company, we've been pretty busy and we figured that we didn't really need the marketing. Our work spoke for itself.

taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:29:16 AM

Hey Guys,

Why is your site blank? http://slickage.com/ I have worked with many developers and they always have the web of the company up so we know who is the in the company like you. Otherwise you saying you are in the company really has no weight behind it.

In all honesty, we just haven't had time. Since the start of the company, we've been pretty busy and we figured that we didn't really need the marketing. Our work spoke for itself.

How does your work speak for itself if you are NDA and you have no portfolio?

Naturally, clients that are pleased with our work will suggest us to others and so on. Basically what I'm trying to say, was that we didn't have a need to build out the website.

taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:10:23 AM

Hey Guys,
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for using a known handle, it's reassuring to see that a professional research team will undertake this project. Taesup Moon's work is easy to find online. James Wang's work is also available.

The pay is generous, that's the price of having a dedicated team work with a community to attempt a new industry standard. This forum has enough money. Even if the prototype diverges from theymos' expectations, no work will have been wasted.

Sorry, that's not me! But that is James. As for my Github profile, it's https://github.com/taesup. Now let's see if you can find my github.io page and/or my personal homepage... it's not hard. I apologize in advance though. I haven't updated either in quite a while.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:15:38 AM

Hey Guys,
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for using a known handle, it's reassuring to see that a professional research team will undertake this project. Taesup Moon's work is easy to find online. James Wang's work is also available.

The pay is generous, that's the price of having a dedicated team work with a community to attempt a new industry standard. This forum has enough money. Even if the prototype diverges from theymos' expectations, no work will have been wasted.

Sorry, that's not me! But that is James. As for my Github profile, it's https://github.com/taesup. Now let's see if you can find my github.io page and/or my personal homepage... it's not hard. I apologize in advance though. I haven't updated either in quite a while.

Quote from: http://taesup.com/
My name is Ed. I write code and shit.

Really professional!
Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:47:21 AM

All negativity aside...

We will do our best with this project and hope the community responds with support. All source will be open source once we're ready for contributions.

Theymos has done enough work to work with us to know our competency through our mutual networks. We are doing the community a favor by building this and also for the open source community because a forum of this sort isn't exactly high priority on the "hipster" Silicon Valley list of important things to do. However there is a lot to be done in terms of making the technology more up to date. I hope we can all agree on that note.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:53:14 AM

All negativity aside...

We will do our best with this project and hope the community responds with support. All source will be open source once we're ready for contributions.

Theymos has done enough work to work with us to know our competency through our mutual networks. We are doing the community a favor by building this and also for the open source community because a forum of this sort isn't exactly high priority on the "hipster" Silicon Valley list of important things to do. However there is a lot to be done in terms of making the technology more up to date. I hope we can all agree on that note.

Heh, sorry I thought you were an imposter. I read a few of your posts perhaps in the wrong light, and thought someone was making a joke.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 06:55:16 AM

forum business is too hard thing really. The stress you have is not comparable to other kind sites. I understand theymos, i still respect him and no question at all. The only place one can questionable is in court.
taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:04:53 AM

No when you hire someone for $150 and you can't use it, it isn't a waste. When you hire someone for $350K you don't have waste. That is a huge sum of money for any development project, that could fail.
The person you're currently grilling is a post-doctoral researcher with a published body of work in statistics and electrical engineering. Please don't suggest that these people are overpaid or unqualified, or that they'll produce something completely useless. This could be a yearlong relationship, why start on a sour note? They deserve much more than $1,000,000 for working with this community.

I am a freelance programmer, have started my own companies, and if you think this is grilling then you are mistaken. This is how the real world conducts business. If I could show you some of the request and questions I get asked when I am doing a project, my grilling would look like a cakewalk. So now let the people that know what they are doing, do what they need to do.

Remember theymos was going to have a group of people to head up doing this and question the people he choose to do this. Guess what, I am making myself that official unofficial person. So in 6 months when theymos goes we don't have $350K worth of bitcoins anymore and no new forum is coming, I can sit and go at least I tried to do something.

I don't think they deserve more than $150K for this, most programmers can do this with that amount of money. But it isn't me making the deal so yeah...

We don't mind the questions. That's what we're here for right now, and why we've created accounts with our day to day handles. We're here to engage the community. So ask away.

As for the amounts being tossed around, I obviously can't speak for Theymos or for James. But I can do a quick back of the envelope calculation. gweedo, being that you're a programmer too, I'm sure you can relate to this.

A typical programmer costs around the price of about 80k a year (that's low for Silicon Valley too). Which comes out to about 37 an hour. All companies need to pay for benefits, overhead, rent, electricity, etc on TOP of paying out a employee. So normally you would charge a rate around 2 to 3 times the salary of a employee. That's already around 114 an hour, or 240k a year. And there's already more than one employee working on the bitcoin forums... so yea.

As a freelancer, I'm sure you charge around the same rate to compensate for the "self-employment tax," your own benefits, etc.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:06:47 AM

I am calling bullshit on the teasup and wangbus accounts. I won't change my mind unless Theymos states that they are the "real deal".

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
taesup

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:15:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Really professional!

Thanks! I wrote that years ago as a personal site and just haven't had time to really update it. I actually don't really like to follow the corporate culture where everyone wears a tie and all that jazz. I'm more of a rebel in that way. Maybe I'll just leave it how it is...

Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:17:19 AM

Community involvement do not contribute at a pace and/or contribute without much accountability. I'd like to push this project past its initial workings then allow involvement. Forum software in general sucks as Theymos stated. For those who know me understand that I am in love with the idea of improving communication. I'd like to improve that and this is a good opportunity to do so.
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:17:54 AM

Hey Guys,

Really professional!

Thanks! I wrote that years ago as a personal site and just haven't had time to really update it. I actually don't really like to follow the corporate culture where everyone wears a tie and all that jazz. I'm more of a rebel in that way. Maybe I'll just leave it how it is...

Yeah it is pretty cool.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: