Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 22370 times)
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:11:38 AM

He is pretty busy and he has been given a lot of power that he is using the best he can; as far as I understand he probably made a huge mistake with the 350,000$ (was it really 350,000$ when he paid or is it 350,000$ at today's price??) and he doesn't recognise it, maybe he will when it is crystal clear that it was a mistake; the rest of the money is here so it can still be used well

Yeah, d00d, he is pretty busy scratching his balls while the whole forum becomes a den of fraudsters and opportunists. His last amazing achievement was to allow newbies post freely whatever and wherever they want. This was a slap in the face of the moderators and staff which were already overloaded by the influx of meaningless information (a.k.a. spam, trolling, advertising, etc.). I am sure he is more busy looking at fluffy boobs in the university campus where he attend rather than take care of the forum he should administrate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:46:57 AM

He is pretty busy and he has been given a lot of power that he is using the best he can; as far as I understand he probably made a huge mistake with the 350,000$ (was it really 350,000$ when he paid or is it 350,000$ at today's price??) and he doesn't recognise it, maybe he will when it is crystal clear that it was a mistake; the rest of the money is here so it can still be used well

Yeah, d00d, he is pretty busy scratching his balls while the whole forum becomes a den of fraudsters and opportunists. His last amazing achievement was to allow newbies post freely whatever and wherever they want. This was a slap in the face of the moderators and staff which were already overloaded by the influx of meaningless information (a.k.a. spam, trolling, advertising, etc.). I am sure he is more busy looking at fluffy boobs in the university campus where he attend rather than take care of the forum he should administrate.

Yeah can't imagine why theymos isn't rushing in here to participate in stimulating discussion of this caliber.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:47:17 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 12:58:22 AM by freedomno1

Meh, not much point. Either you think he's stealing or you don't. Seeing a transaction isn't going to change that, neither is anything he says for that matter. I mean if you really think he's stealing, then you wouldn't believe him anyway.

Not quite true Badbear even if you don't believe charities are spending money in a third world country to help people.
You would like to know your money was moved somewhere and check their accounting statements.
Bitcoin makes this simple by posting an address then at least you know that the money was moved and can prove it moved.

Accountability is important even if we can't see what the money is being used for ourselves.

A good recent example of this is if Mtgox still has our bitcoins and what address they store their balances on
If people could see the bitcoins were still there they may believe that they are actually having problems and did not run away with the coins
A public address is vital and well unhackable you can see the money but you can't steal it

Another good example recently is Havelock having an address we can all view for Asicminer shares that way we can see that no fractional reserve is being managed.

PSA: Havelock has now taken over management of the passthrough on their site:
Address: 1J5fvfUrDcZj8rrpVHMgn8u7sXee84QkPd
Currently has 19733 shares tied to it (subject to change) and the new email is now AMFund@havelockinvestments.com.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg5455011#msg5455011

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:15:27 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 08:31:05 AM by Unluckyduck

When the hell are we getting the new software so i can update my damn profile picture.  Roll Eyes
Not to mention that it looks like the coins are being mixed right now so I wouldn't be surprised if some embezzlement came to light.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:26:50 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:38:29 PM by escrow.ms

Final Balance    33.0199 BTC
Funds are not there, funds are there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155000.0
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Yeah can't imagine why theymos isn't rushing in here to participate in stimulating discussion of this caliber.
I'm sorry, BabBear, but I'm also pretty surprised theymos didn't take 5 or 10 minutes to completely shut this thread down, and instead chose to let it live on.
Apart from the obvious trolls, there are quite a few legit questions, still unanswered.
Maybe we can make a compilation of those valuable questions?

I'll just start with one.

- Can we have a precise, specified, delivery timeline?

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497523.0 is automated, now! Or is it?)

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:46:43 AM

I'm sorry, BabBear, but I'm also pretty surprised theymos didn't take 5 or 10 minutes to completely shut this thread down, and instead chose to let it live on.
Apart from the obvious trolls, there are quite a few legit questions, still unanswered.
Maybe we can make a compilation of those valuable questions?

I'll just start with one.

- Can we have a precise, specified, delivery timeline?

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497523.0 is automated, now! Or is it?)

Agreed, I sort of expected Theymos to make some sort of official statement, after that he wouldn't have to answer anything else. I still trust Theymos' decisions, but I'm curious as to why he hasn't responded at all. Of course there are going to be the idiots that wont listen to reason, but he can ignore them. Would be nice if he wouldn't ignore the people that are asking reasonable questions in a calm and inquisitive way. Do I think Theymos is stealing the forum's funds, no, probably not. He could stand to make far more by operating the site legitimately and going other avenues. If he really wanted money, he could make a killing off of merchandising, but he seems to have little interest in that, leading me to believe he isn't all that interested in the financial aspect.

I have already come to terms with the fact that the reasons he picked wangbus are his own, and I'm sure he has some. Great, I'll judge if it was a good call after they create the forum software. I have come to terms with the ESTIMATED $1M that will be spent, and have decided to complain once again after seeing the quality of the work. I have even come to terms with the fact that Theymos is a busy guy and doesn't have time to respond to every single question that is asked, but it would really be nice if he could find time to answer some rather weighted questions.

1) What sort of transaction details can you give to show that you aren't embezzling the money. It is a valid concern and should be pretty easily disproven.

2) What sort of progress has been made already, why is the forum auction system being developed so early (Unless other things are already falling into place?)

3) When will Wangbus be asking the community for feature requests

4)  "Insert the questions Goat raised in the OP, they are pretty well thought out and should be easy to answer"

5) Can you get a little bit more in touch with the community on this? You don't have to answer to everyone, its your project, but you have 250,000 accounts that would like some sort of reports from time to time. The basic questions should be addressed, and the stupid questions ignored.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:56:42 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 05:47:30 PM by malevolent

Of course there are going to be the idiots that wont listen to reason, but he can ignore them.

Let me explain:

The only idiots here are you and others providing all sorts of excuses and justifications to cover up the administration incompetence.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:12:18 PM

Of course there are going to be the idiots that wont listen to reason, but he can ignore them.
The only idiots here are you and others providing all sorts of excuses and justifications to cover up the administration incompetence.

Really, you are one of the only people who aren't providing any sort of critical feedback, you are just complaining. Goat is complaining too, but he at least isn't complaining for no reason, he wants basic answers. I tend to trust people that have proven themselves in the past, so I am indeed giving Theymos the benefit of the doubt on this one. I dont think hes incompetent, I just think that it would be better if he addressed the serious questions, and ignored you. I dont think hes stealing the forum money, because he could have just taken it all and since he is technically the forum "owner" and the forum is not a registered nonprofit, he could probably legally take it all. Like I said in my previous post, I dont think Theymos is in this for the money anymore, because either he has plenty, or he thinks he can make more by operating the site legitimately. No one ever goes against self interest.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:42:42 PM

Really, you are one of the only people who aren't providing any sort of critical feedback, you are just complaining.

Do not really matter what criticism is made, Michael will ignore anyway.

Goat is complaining too, but he at least isn't complaining for no reason, he wants basic answers.

So do I. What is the problem with the questions I made? Do you have a problem with that?

I tend to trust people that have proven themselves in the past, so I am indeed giving Theymos the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Michael's past background is not the best example of trust and integrity.

I dont think hes incompetent, I just think that it would be better if he addressed the serious questions, and ignored you. I dont think hes stealing the forum money, because he could have just taken it all and since he is technically the forum "owner" and the forum is not a registered nonprofit, he could probably legally take it all.

You are still looking for excuses to cover up charity fraud...

Like I said in my previous post, I dont think Theymos is in this for the money anymore, because either he has plenty, or he thinks he can make more by operating the site legitimately. No one ever goes against self interest.

Not "anymore"? So he was before?
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966

Keep it real

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:37:33 PM

There are still plenty of unanswered questions...

I'd say the biggest (and easiest to answer) is where's the proof of the $350,000 initial payment?  It was said that it was done in BTC, so it should be super easy to find and link the transaction.

Also, there was mention of taking input from the community for the new software... will this happen?  It's been over a month since this thread was first started, I find it odd that I haven't seen or heard about Slickage talking with the community.

EDIT:
One more thing I forgot to add up top.  Was it ever stated why Slickage needs full access to the forum database?  Because I can't think of a reason they would need it, they should only need to know how it's laid out.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966

Keep it real

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:20:07 PM

Just sitting here waiting for a reply  Undecided
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

my personal guess: they bought the forum from theymos incl. donations and paid him. now they can use the donations to pay their employees and theymos has some cash.

but we'll see. i am very interested in the outcome.
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

Why don't we have the automated ad auction system, yet? It's so trivial for a 350k$ team that there is no excuse.

I could do it in a weekend for $25/hr. Just saying.

Maybe not if you're thinking of using PHP?

Theymos stated that PHP now sucks??

The most popular forum software is:
- Old.
- Written in PHP, which sucks.
- Written insecurely and messily.
- Difficult to modify, especially safely.
- Not much more featureful than SMF, if at all.

I think PHP5 is pretty nice and very clean for scaleable and future-proof systems provided proper OOP structure is used?

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:42:44 PM

Why don't we have the automated ad auction system, yet? It's so trivial for a 350k$ team that there is no excuse.

- Old.

I think PHP5 is pretty nice and very clean for scaleable and future-proof systems provided proper OOP structure is used?

I actually know nodejs, I just don't like it. I only work with languages that I enjoy. I could write it in C++ if wanted me to for $350K.

Theymos PM lets get this thing rolling.
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:05:02 PM

- Old.

I actually know nodejs, I just don't like it. I only work with languages that I enjoy. I could write it in C++ if wanted me to for $350K.

Theymos PM lets get this thing rolling.

Ha ha 350k for forum software, I'll do it for 100k in any language.

edit: also why does forum software need to be uber-secure?  if anyone wants a secure channel, then they should arrange a secure channel, not use some brand-new untested in the battlefield forum software.

besides that the easy holes tend not to be at application level anyway.

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 12:05:53 AM

Sounds to me like shopping around a bit would have been an excellent idea.  There are thousands of forums all over the internet so they can't be that difficult to program relatively speaking.  I'm not a programmer so I wouldn't know, however I do know that offering a job like this to the community and accepting bids from various parties would get this forum the best deal. 
Too late for that now I guess.
Has there been an official project thread started yet or is this it?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 12:09:15 AM

There are still plenty of unanswered questions...

I'd say the biggest (and easiest to answer) is where's the proof of the $350,000 initial payment?  It was said that it was done in BTC, so it should be super easy to find and link the transaction.

Also, there was mention of taking input from the community for the new software... will this happen?  It's been over a month since this thread was first started, I find it odd that I haven't seen or heard about Slickage talking with the community.

EDIT:
One more thing I forgot to add up top.  Was it ever stated why Slickage needs full access to the forum database?  Because I can't think of a reason they would need it, they should only need to know how it's laid out.

Is it really the $1,000,000 forum software project.
Is the $350,000 initial payment only ~1/3 down?
...or isn't $350,000 the whole price.

nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:02:52 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523070.0
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:51:55 AM

Because there's a whole board created to discuss this, so encouraging new topics to reply to his sticky is a good thing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: