Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:01:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
sintecan

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

Whatever the outcome, the decisions taken by traders are his right. They are entitled to make a choice between selling or holding them. Because they are the ones who know better about their decisions
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:56:30 PM

I dont think right now is the time for using crypto for everything. Crypto needs to be stabilized for people to use it for common things. I agree that once the crypto starts getting into the daily life, it will be used by more and more people, but the rate fluctuation of crypto is making people hold them.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
kubori102

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:05:16 PM

Often the holder also needs to know how to keep your coin up for the price of a holder that needs to know the entry point to increase the amount of coin is the way to hold the effect.
kelceyott

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:06:13 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

I think any trader or holder has an impact on the crypto market, because they are the ones who directly create the volatility. In addition, hoders will also be a factor in increasing and decreasing prices in the market as they affect the supply of crypto. As before, the number of btc that a person holds is very large and if they keep to the present when btc is scarce they are the ones who have the biggest impact on the crypto market.

longwintershere

Activity: 224

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:08:58 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

I don't agree with you that only then the prices will grow again. It can go the same way as it grew before, without any apparent reason. But you're spot on that crypto needs to be used for transactions.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
coinminerdotcom

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 04:09:12 PM

There has to be a balance between holding and trading. If they aren't used in trade, then they have no value. So you can't fully hold onto everything. If we all hold, then there is no market for the coin itself.

Trusted US based Company
coinminer.com
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 04:10:18 PM

I do not think so because bitcoin holders are still consider as one of the crucial ways to maintain and stabilize the market price for bitcoin.  Because of these bitcoin holders market for bitcoin could go strong unlike those nuisance day trader that will always doing day trade to earn minimal earnings per day and it will be going to be great weekly but it seems hardwork is also needed unless there is a system that will automatically trade and buy for them.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:07:46 PM

I agree that HOLDERS can't change the world. My point is that even if holders hold, they can not affect the price that easily not unless they buy more. But holders have a huge contribution. They maintain the prices or they do help in keeping the price value somehow. If there are no faithful holders, then market could go down lower than today's prices.
The market could be
alihassan99

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:18:57 PM

mostly people consider it digital gold... and many people buy it to become rich in one night :p but this cant be possible..

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Randolf007

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Adonx.one

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:35:06 PM

making crypto a means of exchange is very difficult, as many countries forbid the existence of crypto in their country, arguing that there are many negative impacts such as economic collapse and the use of terrorists.
but if all countries agree with cryptocurrency, there will probably be many people who will be lucky because of it.

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:52:30 PM

I completely agree with the author and always say the same thing to everyone. Because simply holding tokens or coins does not benefit either the coin or the community. Only the use of cryptocurrencies in everyday life, the purchase of things using cryptocurrencies can create a real crypto community.
thepers0n

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:50:20 PM

I think there is an another side of the coin. Of course active traders change the price of tokens but a big amount of these coins belong to investors that spend a lot of money to buy them
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:25:35 PM

Holding is another word for Saving... it is nothing new really. It is not a good idea to make people spend recklessly.  Even Satoshi is a holder.
If you really want people to spend their Bitcoin without saving maybe incentivize them to do so like this company does:
https://www.blockrize.com
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:24:32 AM

Well that is the goal and purpose of cryptocurrencies in general.

But, do you really think bitcoin is ready for that? We already know it's limits and weaknesses. The moment the network clogs, transaction fees skyrocket and speed gets really slow. Add that to a very volatile nature, it's no surprise that users and markets find it hard to use it as a payment system. We know these numbers, and guess what, that's nowhere near the numbers we'll reach if people use it, say, in amazon or even smaller online markets.

The development is just extremely slow. I do like to see cryptocurrencies do what it's meant to do, but I guess we'll still have to wait a couple more years for that.
This is true, Just because statistics show that hodlers are the ones that become the most impactful during price declines, doesn't mean we should just let the hodlers do their job while we sit here and relax, we all should take measures to ensure bitcoin's comeback, this cannot be done by one man alone, the industry needs us. All of us.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 02:18:25 PM

We must understand that Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to spend their holdings instead of keeping it for the long-term and waiting for the price rise. I believe that it is our responsibility to do the same and give first priority to use Bitcoin as a payment system instead of focusing on the speculation activities. Bitcoin is a payment system at its core and that's how it should be treated.
alexpti4ka

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:59:32 PM

https://i.imgur.com/C5NapM0.png
Buster2001

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:00:47 PM

I guess it is only natural that hodlers will not change the world because hodling in hard times very often means extraordinary patience. Very few people are patient enough to keep hodling since crypto isn't a physical asset like gold or something and as such it might potentially become nothing unlike the good old paper currency. That's why it takes a special kind of guy to keep holding in uncertain times.

However, in the unlikely event that the percentage of hodlers (the ones capable of hodling against all odds) exceeds the traditional level for humans, they might change the world, but the result of it could be unpredictable imho.
putriliesma

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:03:45 PM

If there is no volume of the coin it may be a waste of time because there will be no daily turnover on the coin. Perhaps you have a point as well because hodlers only need the lucky they have.
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:21:00 PM

maybe they wont change the world but at least the price is not crashing hard because of all those people who are constantly holdnig their coins

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2366
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:25:26 PM

maybe they wont change the world but at least the price is not crashing hard because of all those people who are constantly holdnig their coins

That is just temporary because when the price goes up then the market of that coin will go crash hard because the holders will sell their coins since the price is so high from their purchased and that will become the reason for the price to have a huge correction like what is happening to bitcoin right now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: