Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:30:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:39:27 AM

bitcoin today are see as asset. many have invested in bitcoin hoping to get rich. bitcoin is used for transaction but because of its volatility your money will be more or less after you send it or receive it. in my country government regulate and limit exchange sites and we can only exchange cash through bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world?
I'll give you merit for this.
I spend lots of time in altcoin section and everyone is repeating hold until market goes green or hold until whale come, they don't understand market will never go green if everyone is holding.
Other side of story, if everyone is holding no one is using crypto, without real use crypto will die. People should go back to 2009. and read what bitcoin is and for what it is created.
Perhaps holding every crypto won't really happen in real world because it is in fact that there were short-term traders too compared to long term-traders which the one who decides to hold if their portfolio was in red.
Yeah, i agree what you just said that if everyone was holding the market won't make any progress and i think the price correction are making some changes somehow if everyone was holding.
Louvre

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:54:12 AM

But who wanted to change the world without personal gain?
Nobody care about changing the world. Most people are here for profits.
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:05:03 AM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Just like what other said that is true that holders can not change the world because no one will want to change the world everyone who works here want only to get profits.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:04:02 AM

But who wanted to change the world without personal gain?
Nobody care about changing the world. Most people are here for profits.

I basically support that view but let's admit it, "personal gain" may have quite different meanings for different people. And it is definitely far from "one size fits all" thing. It may mean different things even for people at the same social level with the same income. Some are looking exclusively for monetary gains (and that's okay if you ask me), even though, as you said, they make up the majority not just around here but everywhere in the world. They don't give a fuck if their actions do or do not change the world. But for some people changing the world is actually the top priority, and you shouldn't discard them as some like Hitler may have really pervert ideas about it and be looking for something nasty and ugly.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:48:41 AM

Holders cant really change the world but what do we do. I would be glad if i can use cryptocurrency in my daily life such as buying groceries, dresses or items applicable with it but sad to say that our country do not have enough resources to support it. For now, we do not have a choice but to invest, trade and hold. Thats one perspective for us with this kind of situation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
marblemarble

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:05 AM

Holders cant really change the world but what do we do. I would be glad if i can use cryptocurrency in my daily life such as buying groceries, dresses or items applicable with it but sad to say that our country do not have enough resources to support it. For now, we do not have a choice but to invest, trade and hold. Thats one perspective for us with this kind of situation.
I agree, most countries do not have sources and they are not able or even willing to support offline crypto-shopping retailers. Nevertheless, you can always start supporting crypto-shopping platforms and buy goods for crypto online
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:21:20 AM

There are two beliefs for someone to invest in cryptocurrency. The first belief in bitcoin prices is always up each year and this is the reason for a hodler. As long as any bitcoin price falls they will still believe in a drastic price increase in the future. And the second belief, bitcoin prices are volatile they use for short term investment or trading. For them the price movement of bitcoin per year will have different problems so to decide to become a hodler only a little sense. Both beliefs will always be in the market cryptocurrency.
jonas5222000

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:26:19 AM

I think they could be,but for sure they can change their future by holding some token, for example they are holding bitcoin for almost a year and the price was multiply into 2 so for sure they are gaining so big,this can be the purpose of being a holder.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:36:51 AM

Holders cannot really change the world but can help to change the world in different way even not full. Holders are profit seekers who are wanting for more increase for that they cannot use high volume of coins when using it to pay online shops. It helps to change the own future of the holder depends on how they handle it during the fall.

BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:37:27 AM

Most of our community is focused only on potential financial gains. Very few care about the technology or how the future of Bitcoin will look like. The most important thing for such people is profit. People who use Bitcoin as a currency help it to succeed. I'm also a hodler but I try to encourage others to use Bitcoin and I do it between friends if they or I owe them money.

Nahid Alom

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:39:40 AM

As long as any bitcoin price falls they will still believe in a drastic price increase in the future. And the second belief, bitcoin prices are volatile they use for short term investment or trading. For them the price movement of bitcoin per year will have different problems so to decide to become a hodler only a little sense.
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:42:00 AM

I agree with your statement on this thread. Because the hodler will not change any coins they hold, but traders who make bitcoin like today. There may be investors who do have an effect on bitcoin and make bitcoin very expensive as it is today. And also do not forget the countries that accept or forbid bitcoin because both are very influential as well.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:05:47 PM

Most of our community is focused only on potential financial gains. Very few care about the technology or how the future of Bitcoin will look like. The most important thing for such people is profit. People who use Bitcoin as a currency help it to succeed. I'm also a hodler but I try to encourage others to use Bitcoin and I do it between friends if they or I owe them money.

And I think you can't blame these people for what they are. The leopard can't change his spots, right? You can't force people to use cryptocurrencies as a currency. It is not fiat which you can't avoid using whether you like it or not as you have to pay taxes with it, in the very least. So the only option to actually make people use bitcoin or whatever as a means of payment is to make it more useful and convenient as compared to fiat. Yes, people who use bitcoin as a currency help it to succeed as a currency but it makes no sense if they are using it just because they want it to succeed as such. In order to be truly successful, it should be better on its own, in and of itself.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:44:35 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 03:16:44 AM by Mpamaegbu

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.
I strongly belong to the digital gold group and that is why bitcoin price appreciation makes all the sense to me.

I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will.
What change are you referring to here? You mean economic change? Well, I know of a fact that for a crypto to gain value it has to be traded in the market and not hoarded. The hodlers/hoarders don't do a crypto any good but not many of them know this.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:04:54 PM

You are right I have never for once agreed with the saying that holding will change the situation of things in the crypto market because there is little gain in doing nothing, in fact the interest you gain on you hodle asset is as a result of other peoples action either selling or buying. So hodle is not the savior but demands is high demands is what change the market not just holding.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:25 PM

Just like fiat currencies, cryptos do grow when they are just in a wallet and not used. It's just like everyone keeping their money in a drawer and expecting the money to shoot up. Value of crypto  comes from its ability to be used.

Activity: 364

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:12:13 PM

This is really true and I think a much attention should be given to this. When we all HODL who will sell and how will the markets be?

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:23:31 PM

The truth is that, not everyone will be holders and all holders have different targets for holding. The ideology and revolution that these cryptocurrencies bring to our everyday life is what is going to change the world. Not whether you hold a coin or not.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:24:44 PM

Well, I know of a fact that for a crypto to gain value it has to be traded in the market and not hoarded. The hodlers/hoarders don't do a crypto any good but not many of them know this.
In order for Bitcoin to keep gaining value, and to maintain it, hoarding and hodling is the most important factor. Without people willing to hoard and hodl the price right now wouldn't even be close to the $1000 mark.

The only reason we currently aren't going up is because there are too many coins circulating in the market due to hodlers having dumped a lot during the bull run. These coins need to be bought up by other hodlers.

As long as that isn't the case, then there is no point even thinking about an increase in the very short term without an ETF or something else taking coin out of circulation. Respect to all the hodlers out there!

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: