Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
longrhm0

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

that is simply temporary because when the fee is going up then the market of that coin will go crash difficult because the holders will sell their coins because the charge is so excessive from their bought and that becomes the cause for the price to have a large correction like what's happening to bitcoin proper now.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:41:05 AM

All that you say is very correct and inspiring; but the important thing is: how do we factor in the play of the market makers? For they are the ones who ultimately decide/ rig the prevailing BTC/ altcoin price. HODLERs going on a consumption boom spending their BTC will only move the market a wee bit, even when a lot of people get involved.  The brutal fact of the matter is that HODLERs do not matter, either which way; what matters is the attitude of the whales and the market makers.
longrhm0

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

this is just transient because whilst the fee is going up then the marketplace of that coin will move crash tough due to the fact the holders will sell their coins since the charge is so high from their bought and that will become the cause for the price to have a big correction like what's happening to bitcoin proper now.
r.black

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:54:33 AM

They will not change the world, but largely thanks to them we are now holding the market afloat. Even if these guys begin to throw off their assets, we will get even more negative in price, although on the other hand - more grammous investors and traders will be able to make the purchase even lower from the current price. In any case - the main thing is to believe, and if a person believes and keeps an asset - we wish him all the best) Perhaps soon they will become very rich people and we will envy them a little)
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:55:20 AM

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.
[/quote]

But i don't think this is bad for cryptocurrency, because if many of us being hodl and make cryptocurrency prices keep stable, that make cryptocurrency user more comfortable using their crpytocurrency to do transaction or trading.

1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:56:34 AM

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

Absolutely right. When only few people really use cryptocurrencies in their daily life, that is the only way the demand of crypto will increase and the market will lively play on the cycle of buy and sell of cryptocurrencies. Hodlers can stop this cycle and the outcome when everyone have patience of holding crypto is like choking it until it slowly die. I hope this thread will be an eye opener to all people here in the forum as well as the whole crypto community.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:57:35 AM

Holder is a significant challenge with the development of Crypto, and the holder always keeps the market going up and holding the market once it falls. But all the holders will sell them when they reach a certain level of profitability, so it is a big challenge.

dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:01:45 PM

Hello,

Same than cryptokia, I will probably change in the future but for the moment I’m not enough experienced to trade as previous experience was not so good. I’m now a holder on rising projects that I trust and when market will be more in equilibrium will begin again to go on live market
main320

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:21:57 PM

Hodlers are not really minded to change the world they will just hodl the coins for quite a while like a very long time to have the capacity to increase enormous benefits for what reason would you be able to state they plan to change the world its lone for the cash for themselves, not for everyone so essentially hodlers won't change the world, the main significance we can get from this is they are helping the cost to increment.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

but in my country, crypto currency can't be used for payment. because the government banned it. crypto currency must be converted to national currency. so some startup developers can not use bitcoins or other crypto currencies for a payment. if the government supports bitcoin, I think most entrepreneurs will make payments using bitcoin in my country. until now support can only be through exchange only.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:17:42 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

To develop crypto currency as a means of payment, you need time. While this is too difficult for an ordinary person. And the technology itself is not yet ready to assume the role of fiat money.

alexpti4ka

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

To develop crypto currency as a means of payment, you need time. While this is too difficult for an ordinary person. And the technology itself is not yet ready to assume the role of fiat money.

There is a common practice showing people are willing to buy for crypto while sellers willing to recieve such payments. We can see it on our platform: not many but still dozens of deals take place daily and people are happy. I mean both, sellers and buyers.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:48:20 PM

Well holders won't not spare the world but rather over the long haul, holders dependably drive the costs go down high, It's not a standout amongst other things somebody can do in the crypto showcase as it takes heaps of persistence, however I think holding is one the provel esteem alluring here is
freaker

Activity: 144
Merit: 12

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:47:01 PM

I agree as if you starting Holding your bitcoins and don't trade them for goods or services, then with the passage of time it is possible that no one will eventually sell looking for a better price. Crypto traders who are continuously buying and selling bitcoin and other coins, help to maintain this crypto market, it will be true to say that HODLers won't help in increasing market value of a coin. 

cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

Those who truly impact positively on the bitcoin/cryptocurrency entirely are those who use it as part of they day to day means of payment and carrying out one or two transactions using bitcoin, but the hodlers also contribute thou in minimal to the growth of the market. This is so because cryptocurrency as a flexible commodity and currency needs to be use in other for it network and value to keep growing.
robertdhags

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:05:36 PM

I agree as if you starting Holding your bitcoins and don't trade them for goods or services, then with the passage of time it is possible that no one will eventually sell looking for a better price. Crypto traders who are continuously buying and selling bitcoin and other coins, help to maintain this crypto market, it will be true to say that HODLers won't help in increasing market value of a coin. 
well true what are some making changes is the one who are buying and selling cause the movement of coin price are dependently on how or what time coin can be sell for or can buy for that is why some coins have the time to make movement on it.
Batask

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:46:10 AM

well true what are some making changes is the one who are buying and selling cause the movement of coin price are dependently on how or what time coin can be sell for or can buy for that is why some coins have the time to make movement on it.

Yes i agree with you mate, hodlers will keep hodling no matter what because if they let go their coins they loss big amount of money, thats why they keep holding, they will only give up the coins if it rises and they can earn profit.
Chamaplal123

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:53:49 AM

Yes it's need for to rise crypto awareness among the people and bring new people in the community. So we need to show them this currency have real application. Until then we don't see the rise in price like in 2017.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:02:50 AM

I have seen many of us here hold the portfolios to get some good returns, but in turn I would also say that if holders are more than traders who buy or sell in short term or long term, the purpose of crypto as payment is defeated. I see in the future that most of coins will be used for payment purpose or exchange purpose making their demand even grow day by day. Holders also have a good returns plan as long as big whales doesn't disappear.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
hexline11

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:05:03 AM

I have seen many of us here hold the portfolios to get some good returns, but in turn I would also say that if holders are more than traders who buy or sell in short term or long term, the purpose of crypto as payment is defeated. I see in the future that most of coins will be used for payment purpose or exchange purpose making their demand even grow day by day. Holders also have a good returns plan as long as big whales doesn't disappear.

you are right mate. This is the disadvantage of holders thst if they keep holding without investing more then there are no profit to gain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: