Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:19:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4448 times)
colmenajose

Activity: 278
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:08:44 AM

Hodlers alone will not change the world, but I believe that the way to know how to manage the currency to use it at the right time and make the best investment, and thus improve our quality of life.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:49:38 AM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Some speculation about Bitcoin is not the same while the others are contrary to the flow of Bitcoin. We have to simplify about the exact difinition of Bitcoin. Some other people says, Bitcoin is digital gold, and others is Bitcoin crypto currency used for payment, the exact flow flow of Bitcoin is "Bitcoin multi tasking all transaction before now making as one" all transaction you have think about about Bitcoin is applicable because Bitcoin is a special product of new generation high technology.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6570

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:08:54 AM

I was not aware that holders wanted to change the world, your desire is correct but your argument is flawed, in a capitalist economy people are going to look for their self interest, all of those that are holding are thinking that they will get bigger benefits from holding their coins than the benefits they can get of spending their coins right now and the past of bitcoin proves they are right, if you want them to spend you will need to incentivize them to do it and that will only happen when the price is very high and we can use bitcoin directly for most transactions.
Your argument is flawed too Grin

Why? Because you think "spending" is an one-way activity. But when people start to spend Bitcoins, then there are other people receiving them.

Pro Tip: You can be one of them! Simply accept it for your own work. That's obviously easier if you're a freelancer, but even if you're employed in a tech business it may be possible for you to be paid in Bitcoin.

Money as a lot of circularity in it. The more people spend and receive, the more importance it has as a communication tool to bring together "producers" and "consumers". We all (if we aren't too lazy, or are children or pensioneers) fit into both roles in some way. And Bitcoin is competing with other forms of money, so the more it is used, the more importance - and thus, value - it will get.

So the OP is totally right. I have also started a similar thread once in the Altcoin section, when all the "hodlers" were whining about the bear market and the losses. If you want your coin to grow - use it!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 05:18:16 AM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Hodlers won't change the world but would change the prices and the way people trade in the market. If we hodl Bitcointhe essence of being a new form of currency will fade because we all might think that Bitcoin is the best investment asset rather than becoming a currency. I am using Bitcoin in two ways, one as a currency to buy prepaid loads for my data connection and two as an investment.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:27:08 AM

I agree that holding wont make crypto grow further, but I am still grateful that people hold it rather than sell it and never come back to crypto, we need people to spend and buy to increase the transaction volume, so crypto can develop better and attract more investors, holding could be a temporary solution when the market is bad
Leo Barnes

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:56:06 AM

A very inspiring video yes it is true that hodlers won't change the world of cryptocurrency, it won't grow if we don't spend it in the market.
Aerdropbonti

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

I think it is true but if our capital is not how much hold is one way to gain profit Smiley
nikolabt

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:13:02 AM

No one is going to follow this advice except those who care about crypto as whole. Majority sees their own interests first.
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

I think the holders are just to use the benefit of the currency trade while many people loves to use this for the future as well and if we invest currencies then it is also a fast growing business in the crypto world and i believe that if we want to exist in the world we must connected with crypto with different reasons .

Equity0924

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 06:27:49 AM

Absolutely true. Crypto is circulating. If all users hodl, crypto won't grow. Because it always needs investors. The tokens or bitcoins will need to be circulated around the crypto world.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:24:51 AM

I’m a hodler and I do not want to change the world in this particular case. For me the main reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow is to get my profit in the end. That’s all. And I fairly admit that I’m here for profit only. And most of us came to crypto world for profit. As long as hodling works for us - we’re happy without all those pathetic thoughts and words about changing the world.
Siminarota

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:34:14 AM

Although we can not change the world, holdings are always an opportunity for you to sell coins at high prices. I think the BTC value always increases over time.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:37:59 AM

in general, the hodler is just waiting for the price to go up and make a profit for themselves. and has no effect on the market. actually who have a big role is a trader, because every day they make transactions, whether it is buying or selling that can increase bitcoin capitalization.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:39:48 AM

Very good post op. I do firmly believe that HODLERS will not change the world, but they will not damage the cryptocurrency market either which is something to consider. Not many people can HODL through all the dips that the market suffers on a regular basis. On top of all this, we have hackers, scammers and FUDers who aim at degrading the cryptocurrency market in whatever way possible for their own pleasure who are simply ignored by HODLERS like me who can control their emotions. I try to utilize crypto wherever possible(Only Bitcoin currently) since I absolutely love this decentralized method of payment.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:59:14 AM

Yes i think so, but they can change their lives by just holding and keep for a perfect timing. When you hodl, you are not aiming to change the world but to have an opportunity make the best out of your holded coin. Maybe the hodler can affect great to the market and the economy of his or her country.
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 11:06:03 AM

This is absolutely true. But in some point holders are making the cryptos stay in the market for long time. If those holders will just release the coins just to create this an eye opening moment about cryptos. As long as there are this balance in the market it will make areal change. Not totally will change the world but will change how people will be able to to their part as holders and keep the flow of the cryptos in the market. But still you hit the whole point there .
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:10:42 AM

I'm a hodler and I would prefer not to change the world in this specific case. For me the fundamental motivation to simply sit and sit tight for digital currencies to develop is to get my benefit at last. That's it in a nutshell. Furthermore, I reasonably concede that I'm here for benefit as it were. Furthermore, the vast majority of us came to crypto world for benefit. For whatever length of time that hodling works for us - we're upbeat without each one of those wretched considerations and words about changing the world.
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:51:18 AM

Yes holders will not change the world because they only wanted to earn and they do not hold their bitcoin just to change the world but to get a big profit. Everyone who works here are wanted only to earn and not prioritized the change of our world.
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:54:27 AM

The holder can change everything, and they can change the world. Holder is increasing, and this has helped the market less volatile as bad things happen. Holder is the one who will help the market go up or turn the market into a red one.

pehatas

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:20:23 PM

Yes, you are absolutely right. But Holders also need a crypto-currency market. Crypto currency must develop in all directions, so everyone chooses the direction in the crypto currency, which he likes more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: