Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
SunriseSecret009

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:27:18 AM

it is really a very informative post and i fully agree with you sir. Because if everyone is holding and holding then i think nothing will going to be change.
hdueuieo123

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:32:12 AM

The real value of the use is intended to be practical and effective. I feel satisfied after reading this topic.
adifariz

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

For small players like some of us, there is no choice but to keep holding it. Not all users get a lot of bitcoin on their wallets, so it will be like that until bitcoin is distributed to everyone. Every whale can move the market, so I think it will take a long time for us to make changes in this crypto word. That's why people have to use their own judgment in investing.
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:46:14 PM

Ideally, to support cryptocurrencies, we need to use them more and invest more, but not everyone wants to constantly risk, so many just keep their coins and are waiting for a good time for sale.
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:07:37 PM

Holders believe in crypto. they are like preachers of a new religion.
But i agree with you, that crypto should be for payment. But why Bitcoin? Bitcoin can be for holding, like gold. But for example other Top altcoins (XRP, ETH, BCH, LTC) can be used for crypto payments. I think such strategy will be the most comfortable for world crypto expansion.
DIHARA

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:34:19 PM

I agree with you and this is a major problem in the crypto world where less people hold tokens and more people even dosn't know what cryptocurrency means which can lead to many problems in coming years and some currencies may vanish from the crypto market forever.

Sarel Wolmarans

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:16:44 PM

To HODL does make a difference!!
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:21:36 PM

I agree with you and this is a major problem in the crypto world where less people hold tokens and more people even dosn't know what cryptocurrency means which can lead to many problems in coming years and some currencies may vanish from the crypto market forever.

I also agree, I think by holding us back we cannot make any changes in cryptocurrency. well, of course it will continue to settle. but if the coin is used for other developments, of course it can make changes.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 09:33:44 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

cryptocurrencies can only become means of payment if they serve the people as a form of capital, or if they deliver useful goods.

as digital gold its not that easy as everyting depends then on marketing people will be spammed with advertisements all around digital gold. as its not difficult to create, but difficult to introduce.

i would rather prefer to create a currency that is used to develop things and improve the economic situation.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:50:05 PM

I believe strongly that everyone cannot be an Holders, we have several individual investors, that will always dump no matter how low the price is and with little profit they are okay with it, I believe the market will correct itself properly soon, when we will have no choice that to have several dumpers, then will the market stabilise.
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:13:04 PM

I always tell my comrades in the world of crypto to always add value to this amazing digital currency called bitcoin. It is pretty simple, we can just add value to bitcoin by using it in our daily transactions with friends who understand how blockchain technology works. When this is done, there will be no need to worry about who hodl or sell bitcoin.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:44:05 PM

at least by doing HODL, the price is not so low when compared to people who panic sell
just imagine if everyone is doing HODL, then market demand might rise and cause prices to increase, because circulation is reduced by the number of HODLERS,
whereas if panic sells, everyone will wait for people to panic to buy BTC at the cheapest price
Yes. Much better to play safe rather than doing panic selling in bitcoin. It is better than doing stupid things.
Yes I didnt see any benefit that you can get from panic selling. HODLERS are just to strong to face even the price of it was falling. They was like vulnerable on it. It is much better to keep holding until the lrice recover again. Yes hodlers will not change ths world because what we need is the cooperation of every individual if we want to see some change and progress in our world.
Patpro

Activity: 125
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:48:49 PM

This is absolutely amazing arguments with strong points. The idea of using btc in our daily life and hence expanding its market is very right but my point is, how will the price rise from your principle. We all agree to the fact that, from economist point of view, there should be a decrease in supply as against an increase in demand to cause a rise in value. In your case where Btc is used only as a currency, I dont know how the value will shoot up. It will just be a currency. Perhaps it will be more stable than we see now.

BLOCKVEST | PRIVATE SALE NOW |
INNOVATING THE CRYPTO CURRENCYWORLD.The First Licensed & Registered Cryptocurr (https://blockvestico.io/)
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:02:57 PM

at least by doing HODL, the price is not so low when compared to people who panic sell
just imagine if everyone is doing HODL, then market demand might rise and cause prices to increase, because circulation is reduced by the number of HODLERS,
whereas if panic sells, everyone will wait for people to panic to buy BTC at the cheapest price
Yes. Much better to play safe rather than doing panic selling in bitcoin. It is better than doing stupid things.
Yes I didnt see any benefit that you can get from panic selling. HODLERS are just to strong to face even the price of it was falling. They was like vulnerable on it. It is much better to keep holding until the lrice recover again. Yes hodlers will not change ths world because what we need is the cooperation of every individual if we want to see some change and progress in our world.
I believe that there is no constant change that the hodler can give on the world's economy. There was no direct effect on the world's economy. I believe that the economy is not depend on the holder there e are so many factors that affect the economy of the country or maybe the world and holder is not belong to that factor.

Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:04:44 PM

Thanks for sharing such an insightful post. I totally agree with you, hodlers will not change the world. I see hodlers as people who are into cryptocurrency  just to make profit and do not believe in what cryptocurrency was developed for..
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

This could actually be true and also holding doesn't mean you are getting rich with time pass by. Once thing is certain, if you hold the right coins for the right period of time I think the result will be some profit.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

atetess

Activity: 305

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:29:46 PM

Nice post,  you are absolutely correct.  In short,  we need to used it in our daily transaction.  Need to value our bitcoin and keep in mind that we need it because it is truly a very useful currency.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:59:03 AM

How many of the people that have tried to guess which direction the market is going to go were successful and earned a lot of money through trading? Not many, there are still people that are lamenting selling when bitcoin hit the price of 2000 because they thought they could be smarter than everyone and short bitcoin in the process and since then they lost the opportunity to make a lot of money with bitcoin.
euronine897

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:13:08 AM

Growth of cryptocurrenceis have been reduced rapidly due to this matter because few people and communities own and use cryptocurrenceis and this problem even can leed to eliminate some cryptocurrenceis forever from the market because lack of flow and usefulness and in the future many will follow this path even they posses advanced and effective qualities

spartaka

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:35:20 AM

It is very much true, we need it to be used primarily as payment system. There should be some incentive for top btc spenders very month.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: