Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:09:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4448 times)
nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:45:03 PM

what will change the world this time is that we ourselves are how many human populations or a sophisticated tool that we can make to play in it so we must be free to do this according to conditions.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:08:51 PM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs

Yes this statement might be true. Holders will not change the world but they could change their world by holding.  Holding until the price gets high could make themselves profitable when they sell their coins in the market.

But the real question should be whether the holders are really going to change the world for the better if ever. What is it in holding that makes it so beneficial for the world? Personally, I can't come up with anything which justifies holding apart from personal gains by selling when the price hits the sky. From my perspective, it is effectively just a postponed consumption which is not a good thing in itself.

Am I missing some important detail in the grander picture?
Hodlers will change the world for better and I consider myself one of them, because we can do the best what we can do for the price to soar higher. If we don't hodle, then who can do it for us? The whales always look out for a good timing when to take over and be back to track. Price will have to be profitable as long as there's more demand to happen, and investors like big whales along with long term holders will patiently wait for the right time as well.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:11:40 PM

Holders are doing more damage to crypto. They are making it useless in the long run but everyone is concerned making money with price movements.
In what way holders are hurting cryptocurrencies? Please explain it to us, they are holding their coins because thy think those coins are worth it, this reduces the supply and makes the coins even more valuable and scarce, how can that be a bad thing? And if that was not enough many holders dedicate time, energy and a lot of money to their coins, something that the average user of cryptocurrencies does not do, so explain how the holders make coins useless.
McEdward

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. I think that you are right. Laziness cannot change the world. In all activities, laziness has never made people happy. When you invest, you cannot just wait and see. Worse, you cannot invest and panic. We must be active. Reading your post was really encouraging for me. I support your point of view and I always told my friends to do so. We can use cryptos in our daily lives. There are many platforms accepting them now. We just need to be courageous and act. It is the only way to boost them.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:21:07 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

I believe that bitcoin is a great bang as it came into the world. A lot may say it is just a new innovation but aside from that, it is more of a treasure that is actually observed and taken. In the side of hodlers,  I do not think we can blame them the lost of bitcoin's circulation. It is their choice and they are not hurting us at all.
harimauagam

Activity: 410

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:34:05 PM

it only turns certain people from the lowest to the highest and it's not too expensive and I start thinking about sharing results with those who want to know and I will buy the price of 1BTC with the lowest when it's down.
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:48:15 AM

I see the value on both sides, i.e. holding the Bitcoin and making efforts on Bitcoin expansion in a real-world scenario.
As we know, there are three functions of a currency: 1). a medium of exchange, 2). store of value and 3). unit of account
When we use the Bitcoin to buy goods and services, we are increasing the value of the Bitcoin from the exchange medium aspect, when we hold the Bitcoin, we are the true believers who believe that the Bitcoin is a superior form for storing our wealth in a longer time scale.
angchosenone

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:53:14 AM

It is the future and it can't be overlooked any longer. Such explanations like it's a trick or how inept you ought to be to get engaged with digital forms of money do not merit anything. Grow your insight, do your own particular research, and by the day's end, I am certain you will see that this innovation is awesome and changing the world.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:54:38 AM

I agree, yes there are few of us have those amount on our wallets, and the demand is also super quiet. If those people will use cryptocurrency to their every transactions, it would help crypto to increase its demand and as this happened, prices also will increase. Thats the time we can help crypto.
Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 04:58:37 AM

correct, because it cryptocurrency must be known by the public in order to add to many investors. This is what makes altcoin to the moon.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:59:52 AM

This year has been a terrible year for us hodlers and many of us have not survived this long bear market which continues to bleed the wealth out of all of us who made money in 2017. I think really now it isn't a time JUST to hold, but we need to learn to trade as well because we will only see all our wealth gone over the next few months of capitulation and carnage. We are not going to get any better over the coming months so if the only way to preserve what we have left is to trade, then that's the best way to grow our bags again. I won't give up on holding though because I believe in crypto but I agree, that just holding isn't enough in a bear market.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
indopool

Activity: 403

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:02:26 AM

Yes, people who only survive and hold for a long time I don't think that will change anything, the market won't move anywhere. using Bitcoin as a daily currency like fiat can make market growth better. If several thousand people do this on their budget every month, then this will grow much bigger. support from the Bitcoin community must be proven by applying Bitcoin as a currency!
Kasliono

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:05:27 AM

In my view, Holding is a good thing to make the market stay Steady with its prices. So, the manipulator cannot do their stuff to make people panic selling and make the prices going down more and more. We should realize that bitcoin is not an investment thing. It is a currency. So, please never think that bitcoin will make you rich.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:31:31 AM

yes of course because this is the world, if indeed the holder can change the world what can be changed? If it changes the economy, maybe it can, because this is cryptocurrency.
CeyCrypteon

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:03:58 AM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs

Transaction speed is a major problem when considering Bitcoin and other countries like Ethereum and Neo have not that problem and this will be a real obstacle when the world starts to use Bitcoin as a currency because users want more speed to do there job done and they are really impatient also that is the main reason cryptocurrencies were ointroduced in the first place     
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:08:02 AM

Yes this statement might be true. Holders will not change the world but they could change their world by holding.  Holding until the price gets high could make themselves profitable when they sell their coins in the market.

But the real question should be whether the holders are really going to change the world for the better if ever. What is it in holding that makes it so beneficial for the world? Personally, I can't come up with anything which justifies holding apart from personal gains by selling when the price hits the sky. From my perspective, it is effectively just a postponed consumption which is not a good thing in itself.

Hodlers will change the world for better and I consider myself one of them, because we can do the best what we can do for the price to soar higher. If we don't hodle, then who can do it for us? The whales always look out for a good timing when to take over and be back to track. Price will have to be profitable as long as there's more demand to happen, and investors like big whales along with long term holders will patiently wait for the right time as well.

But what's the point of holding other than obtaining personal gain? Do you hold for the common good or are actually pursuing the purpose of acquiring wealth for yourself? And what makes you think that not holding will hurt anyone (let's reverse your logic here)? In the simplest of terms, what makes you think that if no one doesn't do something, it is necessarily good, in this case, "if we don't hodle, then who can do it for us"?

It is like "no one eats shit, so who if not us"?
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

Very interesting, I don't know if the hodlers could change the world but it could reduce the panic selling tho which is good for the market I think. For me personally the world will change if there is no more war, and a terrible politicalism in each country.
Yes, I agree, hodlers can manage the market and will not go down through the underground, it can also help the market and control the price and the panic sellers. I am one of those hodlers and hopefully, I can manage to hodl until the market gives us a good price.
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

This is the time to hold, not use. So I guess holders are making a future for everyone. If everyone just sell as soon as we see some bearish market then everything will vanish in no time.
minhkhoa

Activity: 325

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:27:48 AM

The owners of large Bitcoins are known as "Whales" and they are increasingly becoming a concern of investors. They can make the price drop even though they sell a small amount of property. This can happen when Bitcoin prices have increased nearly 12 times compared to last year, sometimes close to $ 20,000. They will change the world and Bitcoin.
Existence (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:25:12 AM

But what's the point of holding other than obtaining personal gain? Do you hold for the common good or are actually pursuing the purpose of acquiring wealth for yourself? And what makes you think that not holding will hurt anyone (let's reverse your logic here)? In the simplest of terms, what makes you think that if no one doesn't do something, it is necessarily good, in this case, "if we don't hodle, then who can do it for us"?

It is like "no one eats shit, so who if not us"?

Your questions are right on point, I'd really like to see a hodler answering all of them, lol

ValueHunters.club Sell your lots, browse and buy antiques, fine art, jewellery and more for cryptocurrency all over the world.
Click here to profit from Crypto-Auction Join Telegram chat here
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: