Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4448 times)
judel_2018

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:51:19 PM

Bitcoin is designed to use as a currency. But many people use it as a invested platform.  It has been invented in two thousand nine. But it has become popular in last year when its price rustically go up and people consider it as an investment platform. At that time people think it as money making machine. But this concept is going to end. Now time has come to turn our concept from investment to mood of payment. If this concept spread among us then the user of bitcoin will increase and we the  user of bitcoin will be benefited.

Of course if you are still hold your coin you cannot change the world because they cannot get benifets of their coins.Unless you do such good things in your coin to have a part of your life and to become a smart of our own.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:20:31 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

in my opinion, indeed holders cannot change the world, but they can change their lives in a better direction.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:24:35 PM

Want to become a Holder, they have to buy altcoin by bitcoin or ETH, they do not promote the market but will also market grow!
bluehive21

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:29:57 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

No matter how Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies must often use for real transactions in order to make them useful, practical and demanding in the real world it doesn't happen and in the crypto community we see more holders than crypto users and it is becoming common. So when an ICO project is introducing investors calculate the possible income they can get after the currency rise than its usability or helpfulness for a particular industry
PhilipCornel01

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:52:51 PM

If you are talking about the crypto world then I must say holders are the major part of this world and they can make vital change in this world.
CCIORACLE

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:59:26 PM

It really makes since though, no matter how you hold it that does not change anything. To me it can definitely depreciate in price or it can has a change of value with time. And this is based on your choice. And as far as we know, not all will hodl some will still sell.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:06:21 PM

This year has been a terrible year for us hodlers and many of us have not survived this long bear market which continues to bleed the wealth out of all of us who made money in 2017. I think really now it isn't a time JUST to hold, but we need to learn to trade as well because we will only see all our wealth gone over the next few months of capitulation and carnage. We are not going to get any better over the coming months so if the only way to preserve what we have left is to trade, then that's the best way to grow our bags again. I won't give up on holding though because I believe in crypto but I agree, that just holding isn't enough in a bear market.
It is true that this year has been terrible for holders but it is not like traders have been doing that much better, how can they get profits out of this market when it moves in such an unpredictable way and it has a very strong tendency to go down? So even if you think that you have done terribly as you are holding your coins remember that traders probably did way worse than you.
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2114
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

Hodlers are literally poison to the economy. They are just holding their cryptocurrency to sell out the fiat whenever the best opportunity arises, and don't actually care about the future of blockchain. It is quite clear that this is a brilliant new technology that absolutely must be pushed for in all industries, but these idiots who just hodl and nothing else are not deserving of the new world order.

Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:24:29 PM

The idea of hodling cryptocurrency is to create some kind of scarcity of a particular cryptocurrency on the crypto market with aim that the market price will increase. Sometimes it is not advisable to hodl a particular coin. Hodlers will definitely not change the world
coinpool_de

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:44:58 PM

Your point of view is very interesting and i must tell that i’m impressed. You are right. On the other hand, i also think that hodling is not that bad. It just has different advantages. For me, crypto means both currency and an investment method.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:14:32 PM

The idea of hodling cryptocurrency is to create some kind of scarcity of a particular cryptocurrency on the crypto market with aim that the market price will increase. Sometimes it is not advisable to hodl a particular coin. Hodlers will definitely not change the world
It will not change the world, but it changes a crypto price whatever will happen, going down or rise. If hodler decide to sell their coin, certainly the market will collapse. At least hodler also has an important role in the crypto world.
adadaorlina

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:39:40 PM

Holders are making a future for everyone. I am one of those hodlers and hopefully, I can manage to hold until the market gives us a good price. Once thing is certain, if you hold the right coins for the right period of time I think the result will be some profit. You may not believe they can change the world but when it comes to making profits in high percentages, it will be noticed and felt by the world.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:50:39 PM

Hodlers are literally poison to the economy. They are just holding their cryptocurrency to sell out the fiat whenever the best opportunity arises, and don't actually care about the future of blockchain. It is quite clear that this is a brilliant new technology that absolutely must be pushed for in all industries, but these idiots who just hodl and nothing else are not deserving of the new world order.

But there's nothing what can or should be done with that. You can't prevent people from using crypto the way they see fit. And it seems there is actually no need to. Some of these unscrupulous parasites were lucky enough to jump off when the price was high, but now many of them are likely stuck with their coins for good. And those who bought bitcoin will eventually have to spend then on something useful and really contribute to the nascent bitcoin economy even if that was not their intention initially. The rest may have to bite the bullet at the end of the day.

The market is ruthless indeed but there seems to be some unspoken justice and punishment for those who aim at stealing from the fruit of the others.
darko.bountym

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:57:25 PM

holders are just people who want to play safe. i don't see any negative impact of those people.
IciCestMathers

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:04:29 PM

Holders are making a future for everyone. I am one of those hodlers and hopefully, I can manage to hold until the market gives us a good price. Once thing is certain, if you hold the right coins for the right period of time I think the result will be some profit. You may not believe they can change the world but when it comes to making profits in high percentages, it will be noticed and felt by the world.
I doubt that, If everyone decide to keep holding and there is no demand in the market, nothing would drive the price higher, For every successful market everyone has their part to play from active traders to panic sellers and those whose sell for little profit, but, I doubt strong holders really have any huge impact in the market as they have no influence in the current price of the market.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:05:54 PM

Do you have to spend all your fiat sat in the bank? Can you not be proud of your savings that you have accumulated over a long period of time? Don't you like getting interest on your hard earned money? I do. I also like to hold bitcoin because I believe in it long-term and I think it's potentially a very good investment. A lot of holders or hodlers don't just cash out at X amount either. In an ideal world I would like to hold my bitcoins for a period of time until they're worth much more than they are today and then use bitcoins to buy everything I would regularly buy with bitcoin. I still do spend my bitcoins on small purchases every now and again, but at this moment in time I would much prefer to keep on holding so my life can be more comfortable in the future, but I encourage anybody do whatever they like with their own bitcoins.

I doubt that, If everyone decide to keep holding and there is no demand in the market, nothing would drive the price higher, For every successful market everyone has their part to play from active traders to panic sellers and those whose sell for little profit, but, I doubt strong holders really have any huge impact in the market as they have no influence in the current price of the market.

But there is demand. If there wasn't then bitcoin would be worthless so it would be useless to spend and pointless to hold. In fact, holders contribute to the demand by temporarily taking coins out of circulation so holders have their place just like spenders do. I say let the hodlers hodl and the spenders spendl  Grin.
ptcntt-gold

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:33:27 PM

I think that long-term investment and choose the best coin, will definitely bring people huge profits. Long-term investments are safer especially for newcomers and those with little investment experience.
Dadaro

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:33:42 PM

I completely agree that holders alone would increase the price of crypto. What crypto really needs are mass adoption. We need more people to invest and use cryptocurrencies in day to day life. Developers should also create a cryptocurrencies that have a real life use case.
amia1864

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:43:58 PM

When more people invest in Bitcion, the owner will increase. At that time Bitcoin will increase and the market will be less volatile. Hold is good as it can change the market.
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:53:49 PM

The people that are so called Whales today, weren't they HODLERs? They hodled with a believe in the technology and the asset(s) based on what it has to offer the world at large. Thus over time, they've been able to liberate themselves from the financial shackles. Thus I totally disagree with your point that HODLER can never change the world. You could have best expatiate more on the usefulness of constant trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: