Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:44:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
SexForCryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:16:28 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

This is an interesting point of view. In fact, we could imagine hodlers like the parasites of any cryptocurrency. Since they keep the coins without using it, thus undermining their true reason to exist.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  Ico.Rasputinmansion.Com  [  ICO is L I V E ! 
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:23:01 PM

The majority of people giving their opinion are usually one way or another "talking their book", so when their book benefits from Bitcoin going up, holding is good, once their book is no longer exposed to Bitcoin or they are shorting it, holding is stupid and bad. And people from the outside looking in, whose book is more traditional, Bitcoin still affects them and their world, so they will also be talking their book and dismissive of holding.
ekateriinae

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

Try as hard as you can!

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:29:32 PM

im sure the more hodl the more pricey the coin can get. the more used of the coin in daily life the more popular the coin will can get. its easy to know the system. you can trust the coin if everybody are holding it and more using it at the same time.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

I respect you because I think you are not bias on that project. In line with that, we users, can hold what we want to hold and spend what we want to said. Consequently, we are giving a great contribution to the whole crpto economy. Nonetheless, everyone has their own decisions and we cannot alter their perceptions if they think that holding is better than selling or vice versa.
tranle1267

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

i completely agree with you. The holder just think they will hold their token to the end and wait them go to the high price then they sell. they do not know this is extremely hard to happen. they should choose perfect period to buy, and then to invest a potential token, i think this will be ok
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

I think bitcoin and ethereum doesn't have few holders for it is one of the greatest coins in the universe where we can experience the effect in the market. Take a look of the market motion bitcoin take the lead and follows by ethereum. Although, some of altcoins in the market have just few holders and some are the owner holds half of the tokens.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:30:34 PM

This is easy, because when investing people in the crypto currency they will store their digital assets in the wallet, they do not have to do anything during the process, and in most cases long-term holders make a profit in the crypt world, but at the end because of these individuals digital assets become useless inside purses because they do nothing to improve or develop the business or the life of the general public
Daniel9140

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:56:57 PM

Holders would not change the world but holders would preserve the price and make the price more stable and would also make the price go up as well too because they are creating what we call, scarcity and this drives price up
semutracing

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 02:46:35 AM

The fact is that 2018 will not be like any other year in crypto.  Too many people want to predict what will happen based on last year. 

now bitcoin holders always predict the value of bitcoin will rise compared to last year, and in fact even the value of bitcoin always rises from year to year
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:36:34 AM

I completely agree with you, instead of hodling and wait for the price to rise so that you can earn a profit, let's use it for whats the main purpose it is created, an efficient and low cost payment system. Then we can realize the greater impact it will bring to our financial system and our economy.
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:59:06 AM

You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world?
I'll give you merit for this.
I spend lots of time in altcoin section and everyone is repeating hold until market goes green or hold until whale come, they don't understand market will never go green if everyone is holding.
Other side of story, if everyone is holding no one is using crypto, without real use crypto will die. People should go back to 2009. and read what bitcoin is and for what it is created.
But other crypto has no real utility because some of it just look like an investment or an asset. Look on some projects that a crypto hold some of them does not even link the use of real life situation and that is why people will going to hold because the project is inappropriate for them to use the crypto for it is more like an asset or investment and example of it are those real estated crypto!
ReneFigaro

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:03:52 AM

A few Hodlers will not be able to do that, however. You can't be sure where the future of the cryptocurrency market will go.
RockerNun

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

The government seems apathetic. Because for a currency to grow with other processes in the world, it should be used frequently to keep it from happening.
This is money in the future in the form of virtualization so I guess only the noob will not get it but sadly still a lot of them are standing against this reality. Only one of my questions, bitcoin are really willing to be used as a currency? There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment instrument. If it is true that people use electronic money daily, the whole planet is missing a tool to help Bitcoin. With a smartphone or with a pen drive or even on paper is more acceptable than the fact that they use it massively. I believe that in a short time we will have it roaming through the streets
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 03:24:06 PM

Agree man, if you just hold your coins, many peoples won't come to join using cryptocurrency.
We must use it as a currency, that we use for our daily transactions. I am very sure that crypto value will far better if it already used by many peoples like they using money.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Itcher

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:54:51 PM

Both categories of users are useful for the system. Without neither the first nor the second without it could not exist.
Nolan786

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:52:41 AM

Are bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment instrument. If it is true that people use electronic money daily, the whole planet is missing a tool to help Bitcoin. With a smartphone or with a pen drive or even on paper is more acceptable than the fact that they use it massively. I believe that in a short time we will have it roaming through the streets. If they keep holding on, they do not do anything, and they do not get anything.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

Bitcoin was never meant for investment rather it was a decntralized P2P payment system without an intermediary this is according to the white paper. But we the users have decided to turn bitcoin into what it is not by buying and holding to re sell at higher price which to me is now an investment.The law of demand  and supply will be stifled because there is no supply to the market as the  holders are with their coins. Then the market will never grow. I would love a situation we should go back to the beginning and follow the   white paper.
Hulk1997

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:49:27 PM

Digital money or virtual money is which cannot seen but having digit value. Digital money is a numerical digit which is easily transfer via online. Bitcoin and Ethereum such kind of digital or virtual money.If fiat currencies change into something like cryptocurrency, then probably crypto will lose its novelty and people will prefer to still use the fiat which has been digitized. Since the fiat will be supported by the country that created it unlike crypto which has always been frowned upon by the governments.
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

those who adhere to the strategy of HOLD know that there will be those who constantly trade and use for their purposes) but they also understand that if there are only HOLD then the cryptocurrency may not grow)
pumbum

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

I know many people who use cryptocurrency only for payments, no storage, this is the main reason to call cryptocurrency a payment method
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: