Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

I think it would be logical to see an increase at the time of this date, otherwise the fall would be too demotivating for long-term investors

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:38:49 PM

Of course holders don't change the world, he only holds their own coins and waits for prices to rise again, how can it change the world.
holders like wanting to invest but not knowing what to do after buying, they are afraid to sell because of little profit or indeed have suffered losses then the holders are the only choice.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:44:33 PM

Yes, you are right, we need to embrace crypto to our everyday life.
ubiheal200

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:31:05 PM

They should choose the perfect time to buy, and then to invest a potential token, I think this will be fine. Take a look at the bitcoin market moves ahead and then the ethereum. This is easy, because when you invest in electronic money, they will store their digital assets in a wallet, they do not have to do anything in the process, and in most cases the owner Long term profit in the crypt world, but ultimately because these digital assets become useless inside the wallet because they do nothing to improve or grow the business or the life of the public. I totally agree with you, instead of holding and waiting for the price to rise so that you can make a profit, let's use it for the purpose it was created, an efficient payment system and low charge.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

Yes, of course, it will not change, but without the people who keep cryptocurrency in the long run, Bitcoin simply ceases to exist, agree. therefore, it seems to me that without long-term investors a cryptocurrency simply cannot exist
Heidi Farrell

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:27:23 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that, however we're not even close to crypto being used by everyone in the world - at least not yet. So we do rely on people holding to reduce selling pressure and keep prices less volatile and less likely to bottom out at lower prices.
I personally think it's natural to hold, because no crypto is a full-fledged currency accepted by a large enough population and merchant adoption isn't high enough yet. And most people would have no idea how the market is going to react, especially in the short term.
Camilla Gill

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:39:24 PM

Some people think holding is contrary to the uses of crypto, however crypto is still in early stages and the uses are quite limited at this time. A lot of people "hodl" just so they can use it in the future (or sell at a higher price) and every individual is free to make their own decisions. The beauty of crypto is you can use it however you want. Many coins can be used as a currency to purchase/sell items, to hold as an investment, to hold for future use, to day-trade, to be used as part of a platform (utility token) - so to say one way is wrong or incorrect is simply counter-intuitive and divisive rhetoric that only isolates people rather than bringing them together.
Tetutu

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 11:58:11 AM

Both categories of users are useful for the system. Without neither the first nor the second without it could not exist.
Hodler is a person who applies techniques to wait for prices in such a way as to get the benefits as expected. Unlike traders who always trade every day to find short-term profits. And the behavior of both gives the color of bitcoin as a currency, that the bitcoin market is suitable for traders and investors. Without one of them, bitcoin will not be popular.
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:21:44 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

I like your view of the crypto, if we want it to grow and have a higher value in the future then we have to use it a lot and let people see the benefits of it. And if we keep on hoping that bitcoin will grow and sell then that will not help the market recover but only bring bad results.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:29:42 PM

Please don't talk stupidity. Imagine what would happen if all the holders dump their coins in to the market. The prices would go back to the pre-2017 levels. Do we need that? Definitely not. So until we have enough options to spend our coins, holding looks like a better option.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

Totally agree with you. Hodlers just can help themselves not for us or not for the cryptocurrency market. You can buy a coin and you can wait for the right time for sale or trade. Actually i have never really understand the Hodl mean. For Hodl is get into cryptocurrency market, invest and trade. If you buy some coins you should work with it, not just wait. It wouldn't make any sense to anyone i believe.
osmo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:41:18 PM

I agree with you, but I don't think everyone can use cryptocurrency on daily activities because not all countries legalize using cryptocurrency, the problem may be in different government regulations of different countries regarding cryptocurrency use, most countries prohibit their use.

Natnat213

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 03:49:38 PM

Hodlers can chage us all because of the platforms and they have their own strategy of how they can get what they are waiting but not all of the countries is like this just be patient.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
antb123

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

Hodlers play an important part in crypto world. Without them the price will be more volatile than it is. I also believe the more holders the more higher the price will be. They wont change the world that they are one of the people that matters in to change the world. It's true what you say. Someone who only holds a coin without active activity (buying and selling) then it does not mean. He does not have role in changing the state of the market.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:26:12 AM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Bitcoin is a volatile crypto currency and thus its valuation is subject to market risk and flactuates according to market demand and supply but the thing is when to buy and to sell your coin as buying and selling of your coin is the key factor and is the major factor on which your profit ratio depends, surely holders, who are holding and waiting for the major pump will not affect the valuation as these are the bitcoin whales who majorily affect bitcoin valuation but no doubt they are the part of affectors of bitcoin valuation.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:43:25 AM

Yes they are not going to change because bitcoin has nothing to do change with the world's economy but currency system will be upgraded to the next level when people think decentralization is more imporatant.But there are different types of holders in the cryptos who are some want to spend their money i decentralized way and some other looks to make benefits by holding longer term.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:17:30 AM

Bitcoin was never meant for investment rather it was a decntralized P2P payment system without an intermediary this is according to the white paper. But we the users have decided to turn bitcoin into what it is not by buying and holding to re sell at higher price which to me is now an investment.The law of demand  and supply will be stifled because there is no supply to the market as the  holders are with their coins. Then the market will never grow. I would love a situation we should go back to the beginning and follow the   white paper.

I don't think this is true. I don't think you understand supply and demand either. Satoshi wasn't an idiot and the way bitcoin is designed was to be deflationary instead of inflationary (the problem with fiat money) and this was done by limiting the supply which halves every four years. Obviously that means that if demand is still there then the value of your coins will rise, and this is something satoshi planned so bitcoin's value rising would be expected and it's to be expected that people would hold the coins as an investment. As I've said before, you don't have to spend money as soon as you get it and everyone should have savings whether it bitcoin or fiat and saving money is not a bad thing. Holders -- or hodlers -- seem to get a bad rap as being greedy but I don't think this is the case. Some people can just see the potential in bitcoin and would like to see a return on their investment and we shouldn't look down upon anyone using bitcoin for whatever reason because it benefits us all. As for supply and demand, well if you hold bitcoin then you are temporarily taking those coins out of circulation which decreases the supply so as long as demand is still there that's a good thing.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 10:28:00 AM

So this means traders are the ones turning the crypto world around? For holders they are not helping at all? Hmm excellent point ,would have been great if we can make profit from trading easily ,everyone wants to make it big in crypto ,I don't blame holders

Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:45:39 AM

hodlers is a patient guys and patient is important thing in the new world. i mean hodlers can change world. in crypyo world or real world, but i am sure.

No. HODLers will not change the world. I mean, what can they do in our world? They are doing something in their own interest, it is for their own profit.

How can that change the world? They can change the world if they will be using their profits to make some programs that can help other people around the world.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:52:24 AM

It's true and applicable in crypto because if everyone holds and no one is trading then Bitcoin will die. I think there are people who holds for long time because they are hoping to get rich someday but we will see a full growth when more people trade and increase the volume everyday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: