Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I continue hodl my Bitcoin?  (Read 1226 times)
jonathan198 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:37:01 PM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?
btcwish1

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?

Unfortunately no one can give you a definite answer!  It really depends on your situation. If you need money urgently for family needs etc. You will need to decide.

BTC price will fall down even lower before it goes up again!  If you don't need money urgently now then just HODL!
Abdullah.dhariwal

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:48:04 PM

I think you already show lot of patience and see too much downtrend but if you ask me now i would never suggest you to sell you bitcoin at this price because we are so near to up trend. Down trend are not going too long now. and we should see pumping in couple of weeks
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:50:18 PM

For now situation of bitcoin price, it is a good idea to hold a bitcoin or hold our remaining bitcoin stocks until the market price of bitcoin growing up to the higher level. And we all knows that there is future rising of bitcoin price, but we don't know exactly on what month of this year bitcoin price grows up again. As what last year happened that the month of december is the good price of bitcoin, hopefully this year 2018 it will happen again.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:51:04 PM

That's a you question man.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:51:22 PM

I can understand the frustration that you been going through and it's really sad that you're seeing this fall, but honestly there's nothing that can be done, but hodl, selling at a loss is a bad idea so my suggestion would be to hodl and let this storm pass away, once it rises then you can sell post you have recovered your profits. However if you don't feel comfortable you may choose to sell.

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:58:26 PM

I hope you made decent money with the investment done at march time and take the return at December back. I really worry about the investment doing on this year because all the time bitcoin value dumping completely in the market. In that case I am also panicking to invest more on bitcoin and alts.

Hopefully my trading investment on bitcoin and alts will be helpful to me take my profit to big growth in some months. Try to invest more money to keep your part of crypto investment for dump time.
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:04:56 PM

I hope you made decent money with the investment done at march time and take the return at December back. I really worry about the investment doing on this year because all the time bitcoin value dumping completely in the market. In that case I am also panicking to invest more on bitcoin and alts.

Hopefully my trading investment on bitcoin and alts will be helpful to me take my profit to big growth in some months. Try to invest more money to keep your part of crypto investment for dump time.
I think he already got what he invested because the value of bitcoin on december 2017 are too high x19 with her investment even if he already sell half of it no loose for him but for now I prefer to hold than to regret in the future it might happen again or not. We cannot say what will happen in the future just stay positive.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:05:12 PM

It is your decision no one can dictate you on what you can do because that is your money. If you want to take a risk and continue holding it is your choice so that i think no one can answer your question because the end decision is yours. If you taking a risk just hodl and wait until the value rise again just seems like last year and but if you have a doubt in terms hodl just make your mind peace and have nice decision.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:06:54 PM

Take a look at the chart that shows prices from the last 3 years. You can clearly see that corrections usually end at around 70-80% drop, so there's not much to go down. We are already here after losing 14k USD in value. Now it's a question of 5800 or maybe 5500, or maybe 5200? So, while 3 months ago people were pointing at numbers that were apart from each other by 5000 USD they are now aiming at targets within 1000 USD.
The truth is you don't have much to gain or to lose anymore. The time to sell was when we failed to break 10k USD, so if you held then you can as well hold now.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adpinbr

Activity: 1022
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:14:28 PM

You should continue it, I don't recommend selling your BTC right now because of the price and the strategy won't work if you are going to sell it a low price like this, make the HODL effective, wait some more if you have to, and make sure that your HODL is not the only thing you'll rely on, be sure to make yourself more productive and make yourself more effective, the HODL works it really just needs some time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jonathan198 (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:26:33 PM

Thanks for your positive views guys. Probably I should continue to HODL
northstarh

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:30:51 PM

You should keep bitcoin. At present, the price of bitcoin is falling, I think the price of it will soon hit the bottom. You should be patient and wait a bit longer. I believe the price of bitcoin will increase by the end of this year.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Aponkye1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:36:39 PM

Yeah continue holding the bitcoin. The market has gone down and so selling it this point in time would certainly means a huge loss but i am confident the market will rise very soon and everything would be all green again.

jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:40:16 PM

Thats a decision you will have to reach at on an individual level, You know what Bitcoin means to you, how much you value tit, How much you invested in it and how much you would like o make from it, If the market still favors you then you can go ahead and sell, But for most, this time of the year hasn't been good as the market has lost a considerably Huge amount of value and selling now would only mean making losses., Its therefore advisable to hold on to those coins as long as possible as they will certainly gain value with time

Alice Nuttal

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:56:51 PM

Well, first of all it’s only up to you. You may read comment here and even listen to some advices, but it’s your money, so be careful. As for me, I decided to hold.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:01:46 PM

I suggest you do not sell it, save your bitcoin, I also keep some of my bitcoin, I wait until the market price goes up, and I'm sure pumping will go up, you better wait.
Alkhalifi69

Activity: 307

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

I know exactly what you feel now, indeed early 2017 is the peak of all altcoin and the end of 2017 until early 2018 until today the market conditions are very concerned. not only you who suffered huge losses but all traders also experienced things the.
no one can give you a decision whether it is good to sell or it is good to hold, because only you can decide its own and only you who know your requirement. if you really need it and you feel uncomfortable better you sell it is now but if you are optimistic that once the price of bitcoin and altcoin can uup back you must remain patient waiting until the time comes.
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:55:42 PM

Yes, I think You should continue to hold your bitcoin. Because the price of bitcoin are very slow or down or low. At this situation, if you sell bitcoin, you will loss more profit. I will suggest you, when the price will high then you sell.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:04:55 PM

I'd say hold it if you are still in profit since technically you will lose nothing by waiting, just your time and a few brain cells due to anxiety. If I were in that situation, I'd still believe in my assets and let it sit there for the next few months/years since it still has the potential to go big given that governments and financial magnates are now seeing bitcoin in a good light. The speculative charm of bitcoin is yet to fade; some giant investors are only having the feel of the party and are entering the market with good leverage. I'd forget about those coins for 1 or 2 years and look back at coins with enormous value compared to what it's worth in 2017 and 2018.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: