Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I continue hodl my Bitcoin?  (Read 1226 times)
Stolivie

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:31:43 AM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?

Unfortunately no one can give you a definite answer!  It really depends on your situation. If you need money urgently for family needs etc. You will need to decide.

BTC price will fall down even lower before it goes up again!  If you don't need money urgently now then just HODL!
Of course it depends on the financial situation but I think you should invest your extra money in bitcoin and not your regular income. Bitcoin is not for daily earnings but investment is for future planning and you should hold your coins for some more time and when the price raise again then you can sell them for higher price. be cool for some more time.

But I think this would be the perfect period to hodl bitcoin because the value has drastically dropped down and we know for a fact that it's going to go through bull market from the end of August. Hence I would suggest to hodl.
Don’t sell your coins today. The price is very low and if you sell your holdings you will lose more. I suggest holding your coins in your wallet for some more time and when the price raise again as it is then you can sell your coins. Don’t be panic about the current situation of the crypto market. I know this time is very hard for investors but waiting for more time will be beneficial.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:43:40 AM

yes of course you should buy and hold as much bitcoin as you can because when bitcoin prices are so cheap like this it is a great time to buy and hold bitcoin instead of selling.
Holding in the long term will give better profits so we need to hold them if we want much profits but you can find different strategies too like you can sell the bitcoins now and wait for the price to decrease later buy more bitcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:14:09 PM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?
i prefer to hold as long as you can 'cause you have no another choice , and in fact market always recover so no need to worry about it. Just mark your peak so next time you can sell off immediately and by the way i suggest as well to don't insist more profits 'cause market always suddenly fluctuate after ATH which is much better to always dump after you gain enough profits to prevent regrets.  So as of now 'cause your already on it just be patience to avoid further loss or build new strategy rather than planning to dump which a big mistake.  
juragane

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:14:54 PM

yes you are right you should be able to hold the bitcoin you have much longer because by holding bitcoin longer you can get a lot of profits and can avoid the loss.

cunese

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

The price has fallen so much that if you don't keep holding the BTC, what will you do? Although the short term has fallen a lot, but in the long term, the price of BTC will definitely surpass the previous price. Roll Eyes
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:33:59 PM

Last year price March 2017 was $1000+ and the current price was $6200 and fluctuating you have still big gains on that position given that you've sold half of your investments last December which the ATH occurs, hold as it potentially going to make a bull run this year and you might gonna miss it don't listen to the fuds on the Internet.

ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:40:08 PM

In the situation of the market today, holding is the best thing to do in order to avoid losing a huge amount of investment because the prices are still dumping.

bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:55:54 PM

Dont be upset because your still noty gain loss, the capital you invest in the first place have been returned to you and have been gain an income also. Better hold it starting now because bitcoins value stop going downward. Unless buy more bitcoin now as an additional to your holdings.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:02:31 PM

I think you have enough experienced in dealing crypto and have fully understand the volatility of the market. Whatever your decision will surely give you profits as you entered and buy it in much lower price than we had today even with this bearish market condition.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:48:32 AM

Have some time target or some price target to be reached, so to move further on other plans. The price of bitcoin surely recovers and without any specific target it is impossible to keep hold of bitcoin as well other digital currencies as the price continues to vary. Hold with trust and get the best out of it.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:06:42 AM

Holding is the best decision you can make instead of selling where in you're at panic. Don't worry fall are really meant to happen. Just hold if you don't want to lose any of your coin or investment not unless you're in need of fiat, then go on.
teamcrpt

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:21:06 AM

Its really up to you, i am a bit skeptical about Bitcoin. A lot of thing have to work properly like lightning network, much lower fees, dandelion project etc.. If BTC will manage to be "up to date" there is a high possibility we will see it in ten years.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:29:53 AM

If you bought in March 2017 and December 2017 then you surely got some profit there. I just hope you sold at ATH price. Why not hodl it. If you have choosen to hodl it upto today then why are you going to sell it? Wait for the price to rise again.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
MRY

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 10:58:43 AM

now bitcoin prices are still low and if you do not get a profit then it is better to keep holding and wait for prices to rise again because if you sell now then you will lose, so be patient and calm do not be panic

LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:05:30 PM

Yes of course, holding your coins today is the best thing you can do because there are a lot of people who just lost their coins due to lack of patience.
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:22:04 PM

Don't sell loss. You buy bitcoin at high prices, and you should hold on and be patient waiting for higher prices. It's difficult, but it's better than you lose.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:38:19 PM

If you have purchased during march last year then you are very well in profits and there is nothing to worry about the current market situation, the market will recover in a couple of years and if you are having plans to hold for the long term in crypto terms that is not more than a couple of years then you can yield a very huge profit without a doubt, do not panic seeing the current market situation just hold on to it and you will reap your benefits.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:28:42 PM

now bitcoin prices are still low and if you do not get a profit then it is better to keep holding and wait for prices to rise again because if you sell now then you will lose, so be patient and calm do not be panic

The sooner people realize that current levels aren't low the sooner they'll learn to respect them and stop hoping for a recovery to crazy high levels. The main speculation of last year was coming from the hype around the future markets -- the only thing that we have done this year is get rid of the hype that was calculated in the price. That directly means we have to go up from this point based on a newer and different form of demand, which could be stimulated by the lightning network, an ETF, more institutions entering, etc. It will happen, it will however require patience with how the market matures year after year -- more maturity means more money that needs to come in. Bitcoin's market is no longer a few billion dollar market....
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:40:43 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 08:30:09 PM by maarx

With crypto, holding crypto coins is a good practice. This can be for long term or a short term. Hence if unless and until you wish to have huge turn over, you can very well withdraw if you wish or if an emergency . Hold the bitcoin and other altcoins you have now. If possible make use of this opportunity to invest and gather more coins which are cheaper from coinmarketcap.com.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:47:14 PM

The price has fallen so much that if you don't keep holding the BTC, what will you do? Although the short term has fallen a lot, but in the long term, the price of BTC will definitely surpass the previous price. Roll Eyes
Of what happen to bitcoin prices today seems to be disappointing and make people get mad. But isn't the price we look for,  instead we look on it's potentiality of growing high in the coming days. Hold is the best  option for the current situation we have and take a moment to relax and keep calm.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: