Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:53:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2994 times)
Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:39:13 PM

Sorry for your loss friend. You should be very careful when you join any ico telegram page. Most people impersonate the admins and send you DM requesting you to send some amount to purchase tokens from them. They are all scammers
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

You're not the first and won't be the last. And this is not the first and the last project, under the guise of which will be hiding cheaters. However, in your situation you are to blame yourself. As the proverb says "measure 7 times, cut 1 time". It seems, you have hurried.

The proverb is measure twice, cut once.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
curtism74

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:45:01 PM

Of course it's sad, but the author also needs to be sharper. It was necessary to first find an official website and there already register and buy tokens.
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:47:17 PM

Lesson learnt Grin. Next time you should check telegram link carefully or you only should take telegram link on official website of ICO project only if you don't wanna be scammed anymore Grin. I also know that there are so many fake telegram groups of so many ICO projects that why I only join telegram group via link on official website and everything is still fine to me Grin

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
curtism74

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:50:34 PM

You're not the first and won't be the last. And this is not the first and the last project, under the guise of which will be hiding cheaters. However, in your situation you are to blame yourself. As the proverb says "measure 7 times, cut 1 time". It seems, you have hurried.

The proverb is measure twice, cut once.

In the Russian proverb - 7 times measure, cut once!
And we still have a good saying - rush is needed only when catching fleas
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:50:48 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
I feel bad to you. Lesson learned that you should check everything first if it is official or not before you do something. Always remember that there are a lot of scammers today, that is why it is now hard to trust everybody when it comes to money.
kidflash

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:59:25 PM

Wow... a lot of money has been tack down by scammers. Did not you check it out first? Usually the project admin will not send the first time message, but you should send the message first. And then keep check your email to be spared phishing. I feel sad to know the news. Be careful to invest your money.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram).  

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO.  

I should have been more vigilant.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but something not add up here ! From my knowledge you can not search for channels unless you are member of it, so if the fake group came up then you was already a member of that group before making the search. Why you did not follow the Telegram link in there ANN thread ! Or why you did not just follow the instructions from their official website . Can you provide a transaction TX for your transfer ? .

Feel something is not right here  Roll Eyes

Scroll up.

Yes, you can definitely search telegram.
Sorry about that, my knowledge is wrong, can you please share the TX ? I scrolled up and couldn't find it, maybe we can trace the address and link it with more scams ! .  I also searched gor Iagon and only 3 channel came up 1 news 1 14 members and 1 344 members, it is strange that there main channel with over 29k members did not came up ! .
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:05:21 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
You really need to be careful before making any sort of investment in cryptos. The market is full of scam, pumps/sumps, phishing attacks, hacks etc etc. It is your money and you need to be extra careful with it. Before sending coins to any wallet, just make sure to whom it belongs, see the past transaction. In case of ICO, try going to their website, check URL and then participate there. Never believe anyone giving wallet address on Telegram or Twitter. There are lots of scammer.
gabchuks
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:07:04 PM

So so sorry buddy, many of this scammers out there just wanting to scam whoever comes their way. This should sound as a warning note to many of us to be careful of this guys
Michail.

Activity: 205
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:44:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your sad experience, and henceforth we will all be even more vigilant. I hope you can get your ETH back.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:51:26 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram).  

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO.  

I am truly sorry for your loss, but something not add up here ! From my knowledge you can not search for channels unless you are member of it, so if the fake group came up then you was already a member of that group before making the search. Why you did not follow the Telegram link in there ANN thread ! Or why you did not just follow the instructions from their official website . Can you provide a transaction TX for your transfer ? .

Scroll up.

Sorry about that, my knowledge is wrong, can you please share the TX ? I scrolled up and couldn't find it, maybe we can trace the address and link it with more scams ! .  I also searched gor Iagon and only 3 channel came up 1 news 1 14 members and 1 344 members, it is strange that there main channel with over 29k members did not came up ! .

Exactly!

I guess I’m not sure what you mean by the TX.  I can post it if you clarify.

whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:54:04 PM

Scroll up.

Sorry about that, my knowledge is wrong, can you please share the TX ? I scrolled up and couldn't find it, maybe we can trace the address and link it with more scams ! .  I also searched gor Iagon and only 3 channel came up 1 news 1 14 members and 1 344 members, it is strange that there main channel with over 29k members did not came up ! .

Exactly!

I guess I’m not sure what you mean by the TX.  I can post it if you clarify.

Is this it?

The full TX hash is:
0xee83fa0c3fb96229e61c5ded62f96893fcbabdb395f36aecba5dbad9091ff219

The transactions out of the account ultimately lead to binance accounts.  I reached out to binance support, but I won’t hold my breath.  I’ll take this as an expensive lesson.

dpa85

Activity: 191

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:02:47 PM

I'm sorry for you dude. But how can you trust a group of telegrams? There must be a site with security certificates
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:04:02 PM

Gosh, this is an expensive lesson. Always send your ETH to the contract address listed in official website. There are fake contract address send by members in official chat too.
muddy waters

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:04:31 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH.  

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
What I could find in Telegram when I tried to search for Iagon was 3 groups: one of them is Russian with 139 participants, another one is "official" with 344 participants, and the third one seems to be a redirected chat.
Which group did you enter into? Can you remember how many participants were there? Was it at least over 5k?
If not, then I'm sorry to say that, but you were really fished by a scam  Undecided

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:05:29 PM

Be EXTREMELY careful when sending ETH or any other crypto through commands/instructions given on a Telegram channel. Really easy for scammers to change their profile pic/name to lure people in.

Just use official webpages for participating in ICOs.

@baoli

Activity: 1162

Base.protocol

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:06:11 PM

Waoh always very easy to lose money on crypto. Sorry for your loss. We always can't be too careful but to be more alert to notice some fraudulent activities especially the telegram groups. They set up avatar like admin and pm you, if you are not carefully you fall for it.

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
bycocoricos

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:07:13 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram). 

350 members seems pretty low. Should probably speak to a few of them before investing, to confirm that they arent bots and stuff.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:09:45 PM

You need to do everything possible to punish these people, because these people can unequivocally deceive some other people, you need to call people to account and write about it on the forum. Do not be afraid to do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: