Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:32:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2994 times)
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 11:13:35 PM

oh, shot. it's very unfortunately, I hope you can get a replacement. scammers are a major problem in the world of ICO, so many companies are increasing their security and trying to lure potential investors to stay cautious before investing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
404edson

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:14:27 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
Sorry to hear that man, some people these days are really aggressive just to scam innocent people who are trying to make money without making any kind of bad intention in order to live. But they are really worked on it, many of them are existed in telegram channels introduced their selves as one of the admin and trying to communicate you about transferring the Eth you are wanted to invest but sadly you transferred the Eth into their wallet address not to the ICO.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:15:30 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

If that was an airdrop or an ico then you should always read the platform or ico's before following the rules, in order to determine if the project is legitimate or just a scam.
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:25:19 PM

Its quit unfortunate, but the truth is that scammers still exist and they are very actively involved accros the forum and will take advantage of any slug to -steal away from you, it's therefore our responsibility to guard ourselves from such people a they will take andyou will never get back what they have takemn.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
Ingoats

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:31:15 PM

The only thing that you can do is to accept the fact and learn from such uncertainty. Such thing is possible to happen especially if you are new in cryptos. The best thing to come up is by learning from it in order for this on not to happen next time. Just be careful and make observation a priority. Don't worry about your loss because you will regain it soon. Just continue your thing thins time but with an additional care.
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:36:40 PM

That is the experience for you. Before you follow the instructions, it is important to make sure you do not lose money. To lose 5 ETH is a big mistake.
fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:41:25 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram). 

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO. 

I should have been more vigilant.
I think that the General Director would not deal with any group in social networks. I would at least have this fact would have caused suspicion. It's a shame of course, but it will be a very good lesson for you.

AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:46:42 PM

Oh its hard and im sorry to hear that. That is what we say risky because you didn't know if you are earning or if you got scam so this is one of lesson brother that make you next be carefully what is your joining. Cryptocurrency was to risky and be vigilante on all you joining its hard to accept that you got scam but you learned a lesson for that to be not a victim of scammers next time.
edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:48:18 PM

WOW, 5 ETH is too much.And probably you weren't the only one.This telegram group scam is on a rise, we need a pinned post or something to make everyone aware about such cheap scam tricks.

No matter how much vigilant you get, at some point you might lower your guard.That's when people get careless and gets scammed by ways that aren't known to them.
Glad you posted this, I hope that many people read this post.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:21:46 AM

Fake telegram groups of ICOs and even existing project are trending now. You should have double check the telegram group before sending your 5 eth. 5 eth is a lot of money for me. Anyway be careful next time.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:24:42 PM

I am sorry for your lost and sharing your experience which I think will help others. However I believe you are really eager to to buy the AIGON token to the extent that you didnt check well the information about the ICO before you invest. one of the most efficient way of going about ICO before buying is to make sure you really identify the major website of the ICO before you invest. there are many ICO listing website including bitcointalk that can provide you with that information. Telegram are full of scammers that are targeting investors daily so becareful next time. in fact I will not advise investor to buy any token by simply transfering ETH directly to an address provided by someone or group of people on telegram. it is a sign of scam.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:58:38 PM

So sad to hear your story. Scammers try to imitate official telegram groups and channel for their selfish purposes. Some scammers even join the official groups and clone the real legit mods so as to scam unsuspecting memebers by sending pm to them. It's the responsibility of the investor to make sure he's in the official group and not fall victim to fake clone mods.
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:20:38 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram). 

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO. 

I should have been more vigilant.
I think that the General Director would not deal with any group in social networks. I would at least have this fact would have caused suspicion. It's a shame of course, but it will be a very good lesson for you.

Actually the real CEO is active on the real telegram.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:27:33 PM

So sad to hear your story. Scammers try to imitate official telegram groups and channel for their selfish purposes. Some scammers even join the official groups and clone the real legit mods so as to scam unsuspecting memebers by sending pm to them. It's the responsibility of the investor to make sure he's in the official group and not fall victim to fake clone mods.
Well lets just say or think for that scammers are can do anything that are possible to happen just to stole some money out there for those who work properly and not even to scam others too this is what scammers do everyday everything on them are may take effort just to get a lot of money.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:43:31 PM

Sorry to hear this Sad
I just wonder if there a lesson to learn, as it seems that you did anything in the right way.
So, check and check, but the possibility to be scammed is always present Sad

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
rextoinsem

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

I'm sorry you had such a story. The amount is not small and it is a pity to lose it. Now a lot of scams and it becomes a problem.
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 04:51:33 PM

Sorry for your loss mate. One can never be too careful with these scammers. I would like to ask though. Is this your first time of buying an ico and also how did you get the telegram link? Was it from the official site?

bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:57:51 PM

You really have to be vigilant in terms of dealing your assets, many scammers are lurking in almost every telegram group waiting for their prey.

itscomplicated

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 05:05:14 PM

Sorry to hear that, be careful next time.
be open-minded to others' opinion and be active here, specially on the altcoin discussion and scam accusation thread
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, man.
You should always go to Telegram channels only from the official website, as today Telegram is flooded with a lot of scam channels.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: