Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2981 times)
arkaasay

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:41:44 AM

5ETH is a considerable amount. You should ask a question, in a telegram group, visit the website and contact them from there. Even the announcement threads can offer more info. and always use the main website to access any links, such as twitter, facebook, and telegram. hopefully you learn from your mistakes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 09:42:58 AM

its a big amount you had lost, you should be more careful when sending any amount of ethereum to a wallet. why you didn't hesitate to send that kind of amount? have you imagined what will happen next if you send that kind of amount and i think its too much for you to invest in an ICO. Or maybe you didnt research well to their project if they are good or not. You should visit their website to make it sure that their project is good.

killersyw

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:05:43 AM

Oh, man sorry to hear that. These scammers are getting ever more creative. Was it a phishing scam? I mean, was the page they sent you to the exact replica of the legit Iagon page? And how did you end up visiting the wrong twitter page in the first place? Was it via google, other social networks, advertisement, or any other way? This info could be helpful to the other forum member to avoid the same mistake. You can never be too careful these days.
HauntOne

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

I sympathize with you, bro.  But this is how wisdom is made by trial and error.  I hope next time your flair will not let you down

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:12:21 PM

Really? Is this for real? Can you please post the transaction txt so that we can verify if its really real or not, But if its true then why you did not check first the legit address in the official website of IAGON before sending such huge amount? You should search first the official website and then ask how you can participate in presale not in the telegram group. Always use google search then you can find it in ico reviews like icobench then official links are posted in that site btw where did you find that telegram group??  

It’s real.  To be clear, I think Iagon is a promising project, and I don’t blame Iagon.  I just got scammed by impersonators who created an official looking Iagon telegram and pretended to be the CEO and telegram admin.  The part that confused me is that Iagon is working with Rocket Fuel Capital, and all US and China investors have to go through Rocket Fuel to particupate.  The instructions on the Iagon website aren’t clear about how this works, and I got scammed.

Here is the pinned message in the fake telegram, which I followed:

It looks real and parrots the information from the website, except for the part where it just directs you to send ETH.  But again, I wasn’t sure if that’s just how Rocket Fuel works (I should have done more research, I know).

And here’s the etherscan transaction history showing my 5 ETH going in and a total of 5 ETH out, which I’ve traced to binance accounts:

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:28:33 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

Sad to hear that from your experienced which is not good. You can considered it as your charge experienced, However, You've became a victim

actually by the fishing site dude, yeah your right then also we better be careful on clicking the site, before doing it ask first before anything else

to your friend here who has a knowledge in this industry anyway.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:33:01 PM

Thats sad dude... 5 ETH is a lot to loose. But you should think about it and take care of your funds next time, double check and full research will help you

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:45:23 PM

Well it sucks getting scammed but it will be a good lesson for the future, how did you get the wrong telegram link? You should've open the official website and get the telegram link from there, also you should've join the telegram several days before the ico start so you can see the activity of the group, the official group will have more discussion about the project and ico itself.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
owmivmen

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:48:08 PM

Many scams are using ico projects. such as telegram and website. so my advice always use ico project app review and see the official site address of the ico project there.
joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:03:29 PM

Buddy, sorry about ur loss. Better luck next time. Dont trust telegram groups lot of scammers there
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:08:53 PM

Think about it as a valuable experience. You wouldn`t repeat this mistake again because you lost money and remembered it hard. Everybody lose some money at the beginning I think
joybella

Activity: 370

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:15:41 PM

Really? Is this for real? Can you please post the transaction txt so that we can verify if its really real or not, But if its true then why you did not check first the legit address in the official website of IAGON before sending such huge amount? You should search first the official website and then ask how you can participate in presale not in the telegram group. Always use google search then you can find it in ico reviews like icobench then official links are posted in that site btw where did you find that telegram group??  

It’s real.  To be clear, I think Iagon is a promising project, and I don’t blame Iagon.  I just got scammed by impersonators who created an official looking Iagon telegram and pretended to be the CEO and telegram admin.  The part that confused me is that Iagon is working with Rocket Fuel Capital, and all US and China investors have to go through Rocket Fuel to particupate.  The instructions on the Iagon website aren’t clear about how this works, and I got scammed.

Here is the pinned message in the fake telegram, which I followed:

It looks real and parrots the information from the website, except for the part where it just directs you to send ETH.  But again, I wasn’t sure if that’s just how Rocket Fuel works (I should have done more research, I know).

And here’s the etherscan transaction history showing my 5 ETH going in and a total of 5 ETH out, which I’ve traced to binance accounts:

The mistake you made was paying without verifying the wallet address from the website. It is always advisable to participate in any ICO from the project website.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

I guess that really gives you a big lesson for you but the same thing happened for me I got scammed in a different way but also in Telegram. I joined a group where they are buying and selling coins which is legit because I have tried it once and it worked but then it is really up to you to trust the one that you are trading with. I regretted that I have sent my coin first before confirming the person is legit or not. Then I lost 200 coins which worth not much at that time but if I still have that coin I would have more money now. Which is really a big lesson for me that don't ever trust anyone incomes with trading.
Leftneck

Activity: 476

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:18:55 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
it is not small. try contacting his telegram contact or contact about the project.
you should take care of it immediately.
very unfortunately, now there are some projects that are scam

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
megan57

Activity: 152

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:19:15 PM

indeed now we have to be careful in making decisions so we do not regret in the future. because now the fraudsters will do various ways to get what he wants.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:26:58 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram).  

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO.  

I should have been more vigilant.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but something not add up here ! From my knowledge you can not search for channels unless you are member of it, so if the fake group came up then you was already a member of that group before making the search. Why you did not follow the Telegram link in there ANN thread ! Or why you did not just follow the instructions from their official website . Can you provide a transaction TX for your transfer ? .

Feel something is not right here  Roll Eyes
Philcris

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:31:02 PM

For me i think thats a lesson for u. i got scammed to so i decide to quit when i quit i regret my decision immediately so dont giveup.
JohnTravis0716

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:33:50 PM

How did that happen? you give your wallet address then they did hacked it?  Shocked
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:35:02 PM

I searched for Iagon in telegram, and the fake telegram group is what came up (not the official one).  It had 350+ members and seemed legit, so I thought it was the real one -- real logo, and the admin had the name and picture of the company's CEO (who is in fact active on the official telegram).  

The pinned message had instructions on how to participate and I was also pm'ing with who I thought was the CEO.  

I should have been more vigilant.

I am truly sorry for your loss, but something not add up here ! From my knowledge you can not search for channels unless you are member of it, so if the fake group came up then you was already a member of that group before making the search. Why you did not follow the Telegram link in there ANN thread ! Or why you did not just follow the instructions from their official website . Can you provide a transaction TX for your transfer ? .

Feel something is not right here  Roll Eyes

Scroll up.

Yes, you can definitely search telegram.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Bezuprechnyj

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

You're not the first and won't be the last. And this is not the first and the last project, under the guise of which will be hiding cheaters. However, in your situation you are to blame yourself. As the proverb says "measure 7 times, cut 1 time". It seems, you have hurried.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: