Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:38:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2996 times)
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

5 ETH is  5ETH. That's still a lot of Ethereums. There is no shame in being scammed though because It can happen to anyone of us.  The lesson here is to not be too trusting  and be more careful in dealing with the people behind ICO's. In telegram do not just trust anyone. make sure that you double check everything before sending your payments, be it BTC or Ethereum.
MegaPost

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:44:08 AM

I've been in this situation before, but noticed that the account is fake just because a link to the website for automatic payments was not connected to the platform. Be careful, bro.
TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 07:09:36 PM

A few months ago, I put almost everything, and now I'm not even going to try to do the translation, until I am sure that every member of the damn real team. The risk is too high, and we must be prepared.
hanomnom

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:04:33 AM

How did you go to a fake account? As for me, it is obvious that all the links listed on the official websites of the ICO, and there is no other source of truth.
zacad

Activity: 396

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:00:57 AM

This lesson is very valuable to newcomers. Your five Ethereum prices are all above $500, and you lose $2,500. But don't affect the mood of losing money. The cryptocurrency market is like this. It allows you to make money and make you bankrupt, so investors must have a good state.

sirengutou

Activity: 364

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

You seem to have encountered "phishing scams" and may not be logged into the correct website and telegram group from the start! I also hate these scammers!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:24:25 AM

Sorry to hear that, it is sad that our industry is full of such scammers. We need to do something to protect more investors on this forum from such bad community members. You should always be very careful with announcements on TG.
FIREBALL24

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

Xircus

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:52:53 AM

Sorry to hear that mate,yes there re any types of scams are now in crypto,they will scam us in so many ways like pretending that they are a legit one,so we investorsd hunters usually have fears to this kind of matter,.we are now totally choosy on making decisions.

mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 03:01:11 AM

I really felt sorry for you sir. Next time you got to be more careful. Especially that there are many scammers lying around in the telegram group. Before making investment, always invest in their own website. Do not bite the trap when they give the address to send the tokens.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
kakade

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 03:30:32 AM

You trust others easily, but that has happened. I hope you don't give up but make this a valuable lesson for you. Before you join ICO Poryek, you have to do research because this is very important.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 03:45:55 AM

really funny when you easily lose 5 ethereum because less carefully you probably should use it as learning for the next thing. selective and always do your research though it is not easy but it will help in getting. many of the scam in this field and not easy to be fooled into anything like that.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:00:48 AM

I think you should read the whitepaper wisely and look at the team behind that ICO. Also you can learn how to detect scam ICO on scam accusations, there are have many tips that you can use.
Be careful for next your ICOs investment, its can be a lesson for me too.

Life is full of colors despite of the obstacles. Lessons never end. There is always a lesson behind the bars of uncertainties that can make us stronger than the past. It is advisable not to be in hurry investment because of huge and good promises illusions. That is why to search the team and ICO is required in order to exclude the scam and support the real and good ones.
Op, you should be more careful whether the market is bullish or bearish. Take care your investment not to lose again. By the way, you can buy ethereum now if you have enough budget to do so.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:02:41 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
i am sorry for what is natural,
indeed this is a very good lesson going forward. we must be more choosy and certainly not easy to trust others, if you are interested in what they say. you should investigate before believing it.

your experience will be a good lesson for me.
bezzler

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:07:50 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

About the telegram group, i think it would be a lot safer if we look for the real group through the official announcement or from the original website of the project, that would be the safest way to find the right telegram group.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:52:04 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. Be careful on telegram, there's lot of scammers there. Scammers create a telegram group and then started to put a lot of people into their group to make it looks legit and then changed it into fake ico telegram. Make sure to check the link to all of the ICO's social media and website on its bitcointalk official ann thread. BTW, thanks for sharing your experience.
rmel0924

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 04:57:28 AM

Due to good income earned from bitcoins there are lots of scammers sorround with this business. They will make very creative works that can get the attentions to investors giving out huge profit of investments which is actually not true. Sometimes we will be convinced by this scam project due to our belief of getting a huge income although it is very impossible to get. So for me being scammed lead me to success in this crypto business because I made it as lessons and learn from this mistakes.
airdropcoin

Activity: 442

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 06:54:37 AM

Don't underestimate the ability of the scammer. Scammers in the cryptocurrency market are usually very capable, so be careful when choosing projects. I saw the same website as the official website, but the fake website ICO is still in progress and there are many such scams.

sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 10:27:17 PM

it is very large. yes indeed we must be careful before making a decision to invest, if not careful, of course like that. sometimes there is a scamer that resembles the original group
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Seriously???Why would you even take such a risk without doing proper research op? I know that you are in a bad place right now and it sucks, but this is the truth. Scammers will continue to scam people as long as they receive rewards like the amount you sent frequently which is why we need to discourage by improving our brains and not falling for these stupid traps.Learn from that mistake mate, I'm sorry for your loss so you landed to the fake Iagon telegram channel or it was their official telegram channel?This is why if you want to invest to such ICOs better buy coins instead. 5 ETH isn't a joke for someone who's investing and wanting to grow it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: