Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102203 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

Sorry if this is a silly question. How to Payouts work? Is it like other multipools where it auto pays after .01 and any balances over .001 are paid on Sundays? Can you manually cash out? Thanks for your help!

You set your own, the payout sweep runs once an hour.  There are unposted limits, I'm not sure what they are.. but for example I can't get less than 1 LTC paid out.  However 0.1 BTC paid just fine.

I don't believe there's a manual payout.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
zerodegree79

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 02:26:50 PM

Sorry if this is a silly question. How to Payouts work? Is it like other multipools where it auto pays after .01 and any balances over .001 are paid on Sundays? Can you manually cash out? Thanks for your help!

You set your own, the payout sweep runs once an hour.  There are unposted limits, I'm not sure what they are.. but for example I can't get less than 1 LTC paid out.  However 0.1 BTC paid just fine.

M

but i believe that it must be at least 0.01 on each coin. Because i have the same problem.

194QBapNFUcYvBX2Ak1FR4ZZXSQy83ELS7
http://pbmining.com?ref=zerodegree79
http://coinking.io/?r=16122
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:45:14 PM

M

but i believe that it must be at least 0.01 on each coin. Because i have the same problem.

I think it varies by coin.  I wasn't able to get less than 1 LTC paid out.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
siggy

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:52:49 PM

OK,  being an old btcguild user, I was quite happy when I saw this... just pointed my miners your way...    The first thing I noticed..I'm getting almost 10% stales...  is this to be expected?  Over on wafflepool I was getting under 2 percent...

-<snip>-

Edit:  I just checked ping times and I'm averaging about 47ms.  So I don't think network is a significant factor in the stales...   Also getting about the same rate on both my linux and Win7 boxes.

If you run your miners on a very high intensity, you can see very large amounts of stales, especially when the pool is pointed towards coins that a lot of multipools are on, or very low diff coins.  Wafflepool lately has been on Auroracoin a lot lately, which has 10 minute block times.  ScryptGuild on the other hand is bouncing between much lower difficulty coins because Auroracoin is simply too high difficulty to bother with at current pool speed (people would bitch about 6 hours without any blocks).

ScryptGuild's profit algorithm already takes stale rates from low difficulty coins into account when evaluating which coin to move to.  However, 10% is *WAY* above normal.  If you don't run at high intensity, the stale rates are ~1% on my 90-100ms ping (with spikes due to being on wireless).  Intensity will cause stales because it means your GPUs are running larger batches of work before allowing an interrupt for a new block notification.

Thanks for the response. 

I didn't have a lot of time to tweak this morning before I had to leave for work...  BUT, dropping intensity from 20 to 18 on one of my boxes got me down to around 1.5% .. Going to have to find the sweet spot.   Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me ...

A question.. you mentioned High intensity means larger batches... would the "worksize" parameter affect this as well?

A second question..  does the profit algorithm take into account market depth?  I.E.  if a coin has a very high value bid, but very anemic market depth, it still may not be worthwhile cuz we can't sell all the mined coins for a decent price...

thanks again Smiley
Sigg
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:07:43 PM

I didn't have a lot of time to tweak this morning before I had to leave for work...  BUT, dropping intensity from 20 to 18 on one of my boxes got me down to around 1.5% .. Going to have to find the sweet spot.   Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me ...

A question.. you mentioned High intensity means larger batches... would the "worksize" parameter affect this as well?

A second question..  does the profit algorithm take into account market depth?  I.E.  if a coin has a very high value bid, but very anemic market depth, it still may not be worthwhile cuz we can't sell all the mined coins for a decent price...

thanks again Smiley
Sigg

Wow, had it set to 20?  What GPU?  Anything above 13 on my 280s causes errors and a decrease on hash rate.

Also, I'm pretty sure market depth is included, based on what I've seen Op say elsewhere.

M

siggy

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:11:46 PM

Wow, had it set to 20?  What GPU?  Anything above 13 on my 280s causes errors and a decrease on hash rate.

Also, I'm pretty sure market depth is included, based on what I've seen Op say elsewhere.

M

in windows:  setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I forget what it is in linux, but something similar...

if you don't do that, anything above 12 or 13 gives massive hardware errors on my 7950's.. with the above, yer good all the way up to 20 (well, except for the stales thing)

(I believe 280's are just rebranded 79xx.. so it would probably be the same for them.)

Sigg
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

M

in windows:  setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

I forget what it is in linux, but something similar...

if you don't do that, anything above 12 or 13 gives massive hardware errors on my 7950's.. with the above, yer good all the way up to 20 (well, except for the stales thing)

(I believe 280's are just rebranded 79xx.. so it would probably be the same for them.)

Sigg

I'm using that GPU_MAX... setting.  I get errors above 13. 

Not sure about the rebranded part, I could never get above 450 kh/s on a 7970.  With the 280s I easily break 700 on every one I've touched so far, some as high as 750.

M

Whagwan

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:40:21 PM

Hi guys,  I fancy giving scryptguild a try, can anyone let me know what the recent BTC/MH/24 returns have been like?

EDIT:  Apologies, just checked the last page and saw the 0.01/MH/Day figure
Chiggins

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:29:01 PM

Quick question.

I can't tell if it's just something with scryptguild or in general (it's a new thing I'm noticing, never had this on other pools) but once in a while I'll check my info and the hashrate just simply seems to stop, yet I'm getting a bunch of "unknown work".

What am I doing wrong that is causing this? Is it simply because my setup barfs and doesn't recover correctly?

What I'm seeing:
161,584 / 0 / 0 / 122,048

That unknown level just keeps going up, so it's clearly running but not correctly.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:51:09 PM

Is that FRY?  Someone asked a good question earlier, why do we apparently have FRY blocks, but no FRY listing?

FRY is a coin that was added in alpha because it was a fresh launch.  It is not traded on any decent exchanges though.  The dashboard only includes coins which are part of the profit switching algorithm, which means the coins are traded on Cryptsy or BTC-e (exchanges with good volume and an API that allows for automatic trading).

Automatic payouts run every hour.  You set your threshold on the Wallets page.  If your balance exceeds your threshold, your entire balance will be sent at the next automatic payout.  The minimum is 0.01 for any coin.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:52:22 PM

Quick question.

I can't tell if it's just something with scryptguild or in general (it's a new thing I'm noticing, never had this on other pools) but once in a while I'll check my info and the hashrate just simply seems to stop, yet I'm getting a bunch of "unknown work".

What am I doing wrong that is causing this? Is it simply because my setup barfs and doesn't recover correctly?

What I'm seeing:

That unknown level just keeps going up, so it's clearly running but not correctly.

What software are you using?  Unknown work means one of three things:

1) You're submitting work that didn't come from ScryptGuild
2) You're submitting work that is more than 10 blocks old for that specific coin (meaning it's stale 10 times over, so old the pool no longer has record of sending it to you)
3) Your miner is screwing something up and making the work submissions unrecognizable

dhsc19

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Just jumped in the pool once I saw that auto-convert was finally added.  Great work on this pool.  All the features I've been looking for!  Looking forward to the continued development.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:21:27 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 06:44:45 PM by eleuthria

I've fixed an error (damn typo) in the profit switching algorithm.  Litecoin was supposed to be receiving a penalty to it's profit score due to the expected high variance.  While statistically it may be worth mining as much as we have, it causes big swings in our daily profit due to the variance caused by mining a 2500-3500 difficulty coin with only 2-3 GH/s.  Litecoin's profit rating is now being penalized by a decent margin.

Our average profit will go down slightly from the penalty (since we're ignoring a coin that should be most profitable at the time), but it will be more consistent.  The penalty is variable, based on the pool speed vs. network difficulty of a high difficulty coin.

This error was not hurting our expected earnings, but it was causing situations like the last two days, where 1/3 to 1/2 of our shares were going to LTC for some shifts, which was the right choice, but we weren't hitting any blocks due to bad luck.  Consistency in preferred in this case, and is worth a slight reduction in expected payout.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 4372

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

oh, here it is

just posting so I can find it again

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Chiggins

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:32:21 PM

Quick question.

What I'm seeing:

What software are you using?  Unknown work means one of three things:

1) You're submitting work that didn't come from ScryptGuild
2) You're submitting work that is more than 10 blocks old for that specific coin (meaning it's stale 10 times over, so old the pool no longer has record of sending it to you)
3) Your miner is screwing something up and making the work submissions unrecognizable

SGMiner 4.1.0

It's weird, once in a while I clearly get some coins out of the work, but for now it's purely in the unknown area. Yesterday I had the same issue but a reboot of the software fixed it, ran all night, and until earlier today I didn't have an issue again.

I don't think I've ever run into this issue with another pool, but then again I think I ran scryptguild for a couple days last week and didn't see this either so some trial and error seems in order.

█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

just posting so I can find it again

Likewise
 Grin
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:46:49 PM

sgminer 4.1.0 didn't work at all well for me on either of my machines. Nor did the Kalgoth version of cgminer (3.7.3).  I went back to the ancient cgminer 3.7.2 bundled with GUIMiner-Scrypt and it's working perfectly.

Even running sgminer with the same batch file as cgminer 3.7.2 gives poor results.
artax46

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:48:58 PM

Excellent pool, I've recommended it to several friends. I used to use BTC Guild when I was mining Bitcoins, you paid for my holiday this year Smiley
Chiggins

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:54:27 PM

sgminer 4.1.0 didn't work at all well for me on either of my machines. Nor did the Kalgoth version of cgminer (3.7.3).  I went back to the ancient cgminer 3.7.2 bundled with GUIMiner-Scrypt and it's working perfectly.

Even running sgminer with the same batch file as cgminer 3.7.2 gives poor results.

I might have to try your setup, I get the same hash results but this whole glitching thing is just odd.

Had my wife restart sgminer and voila, back up and running. I guess worst case for now I can create a script that auto-restarts it every hour or something real quick.

_r2h

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:51:29 PM

I've never had any issue with sgminer 4.1.0.  Running it across 4 rigs currently, which has been across probably 4 different pools.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: