Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:38:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102211 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

However, my only concern is it that I'm getting an unusually high reject percent @ 8%.

Other pool I use such as Multiport.us, wafflepool, ext, all give my rig well below 2%.

Anyone from the east side of North America have the same issues?

Read back through the thread... I brought up the same issue a couple pages back. 

Short answer: Drop your intensity down a bit.  Going from 20 to 18 on intensity got my stales under 2%.

Sigg

yes that is what i did today ..

i had to bring my intensity down some ..

although one card required some more tweeking ..

takes some testing and tweeking to get running smoothely ..

I'm at I=13 and well under 1% rejects (0.6%).

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:53:37 PM

However, my only concern is it that I'm getting an unusually high reject percent @ 8%.

Other pool I use such as Multiport.us, wafflepool, ext, all give my rig well below 2%.

Anyone from the east side of North America have the same issues?

Read back through the thread... I brought up the same issue a couple pages back.  

Short answer: Drop your intensity down a bit.  Going from 20 to 18 on intensity got my stales under 2%.

Sigg

yes that is what i did today ..

i had to bring my intensity down some ..

although one card required some more tweeking ..

takes some testing and tweeking to get running smoothely ..

I'm at I=13 and well under 1% rejects (0.6%).

M

working real well on my smaller cards:

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.scryptguild.com:3333 -u <username> -p 123 --scrypt -I 14

another card needed more tweeking used this:

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.scryptguild.com:3333 -u <username> -p 123 --scrypt -I 19 -g 1 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 16000

soon i will work on my r9 290x cards ..
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:40:59 PM

Just for those wondering on stale rates, here's a breakdown on intensity:

When you're mining on your GPU, you send it batches of work of different sizes.  When your GPU is working on a batch, it is completely unresponsive.  It cannot be interrupted to be fed new work.  Once it finishes the batch, it gives it back to the miner and it's pushed to the pool.  By running a higher intensity, you remove the inefficiencies of swapping batches of work, but you increase the amount of time your GPU is completely ignoring new block announcements.

So you have a tradeoff of stale rate vs hash rate.  ScryptGuild's profit switcher already factors in the increase in stales from the very low difficulty coins.  It will switch to them only if the profit differential is greater than the expected increase in stales.  Running at high intensity on a low difficulty coin will *always* increase stale rates by a significant (3-5% or possibly higher) amount.  There is nothing a pool can do about this, your GPU is actively ignoring work updates.  But the profit switching within the pool can penalize coins to factor in stale rate vs profitability, to make it so the higher stale rate is worth having in order to maximize your profit.

Additionally, ScryptGuild does not mine very high difficulty coins at the moment, except for Doge, which is not "too high".  Right now ScryptGuild generally falls back to Worldcoin when all of the "random" reward coins are on terrible reward blocks.  Strictly speaking, Litecoin is a higher profit coin than Worldcoin.  However, the pool speed compared to Litecoin difficulty introduces *massive* amounts of variance due to our expected time to solve a Litecoin block.  While the average time might only be 45-60 minutes, a bad block might take 5-8 HOURS if we're unlucky.  Worldcoin trades off a few % of profit for a steady return.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
siggy

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:54:59 PM

--< see original above to lots snipped >--

Would reducing the worksize parameter have the same effect on stales as lowering intensity?

thanks,
Sigg
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:39:08 PM

--< see original above to lots snipped >--

Would reducing the worksize parameter have the same effect on stales as lowering intensity?

thanks,
Sigg

My understanding is that wouldn't have any effect, but I may be wrong.

aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:55:41 PM

when i have time i will look at them again. what is acceptable stale rate for this multi-coin pool ??
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:12:59 PM

when i have time i will look at them again. what is acceptable stale rate for this multi-coin pool ??

It varies by hardware.  Faster hardware can handle higher intensities with less "dead time" where it ignores the new block updates.  The pool puts penalties of 5-20% on the profit rating for low difficulty coins depending on just how low it is.

If you run at low intensities your stale rate will be in the sub-1% no matter what coin we mine.  But that might cost you more in speed than you gain in lack of stales.  So it's a balancing act.

-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:07:04 PM

I've got a request,

Id love to be able to re organize my worker's in the dashboard list.. like drag them or categorize them via drop-down to re arrange them by higher hash to lower hash.. or better yet, be able to click the top cell where it lists Estimated Speed and have it organize by speed

seems dumb but would be a cool feature just for aesthetics Smiley
Winterfrost

Activity: 712
Merit: 135

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:23:16 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 01:56:18 AM by Winterfrost

Yes, sgminer is a fork of cgminer 3.7.2.  I've heard people say good things about it.  I think the original windows compile instructions are included.. I've heard it can be a bear to do as well.  I'm hoping someone reputable can compile it and post it somewhere reputable.  I thought maybe I could be that someone, but haven't got that far.  Only so much time to go around.

M

I found the Windows build instructions for sgminer to be pretty simple, if a bit long. They lay out the steps really well in the readme. I would post my copy, but I don't like advocating the use of unknown binaries.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:24:10 AM

Worker speed charts are up - nice work, eleuthria!

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:57:10 AM

Worker speed charts are up - nice work, eleuthria!

Still playing with ideas for the earnings side.  It's awkward showing multiple coins due to the disparity between the  amount of coins you might earn (with some coins being released in blocks of 10-100, and others 100k, and others over 1m).

I'm looking into an effective method to provide BTC equivalent earnings, but it's probably going to take a few days of playing with it internally before it's ready, since not everybody converts things to BTC, yet the "BTC Equivalent" stat is the only one that really matters.

jbapp

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:53:50 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:21:08 PM by jbapp

ScryptGuild Pool Android app now on Google Play store here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.appery.project146185

This is just a simple app that once you put in your API key will allow you to pull your worker data and some of your earnings statistics. If you have any suggestions regarding the app feel free to leave a comment here or on the app review itself.  I'm also a frequent in the Freenode IRC #scryptguild channel, so you can find me there too as "jbhitman".

Here are a few screen shots:

https://i.imgur.com/aGORXnP.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/m4JGggq.jpg

App is searchable on Google Play store.  Just search for "Scryptguild" and it should pop right up!

The app is totally free, and it came about as a personal idea for myself, but I figured why not share it with other ScryptGuild users!

If you feel so inclined to donate you can do so at this BTC : 1BsN3mM2wyNRJ9dQBFZDLGL1RdweJt4Mf4  but it is in NO WAY required or requested.  
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:03:12 AM

So what's the average btc to mh/s here?

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:24:33 AM

Well, I tried it yesterday for 8 hours, waited a day (for unexchanged, immature and such - although I might need to wait longer, not sure) and I got 0.0062 with 2.6 MH/s, which equates to 0.00715 BTC / MHs / Day. Since earnings per day fluctuates, what I did was to compare ScryptGuilds performance to the other pools performance in the same day. In that case ScryptGuild did better than Waffle, MC and possibly Hashcows (can't say for sure here) but was under CM.

I did include in my calculation the reject rate I got here and what I usually get on other pools (in CM and SG I get 5%~ reject with -i 18, 3%~ on hashcows and MC and 0-0.3% on Waffle).
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:47:42 AM

Well, I tried it yesterday for 8 hours, waited a day (for unexchanged, immature and such - although I might need to wait longer, not sure) and I got 0.0062 with 2.6 MH/s, which equates to 0.00715 BTC / MHs / Day. Since earnings per day fluctuates, what I did was to compare ScryptGuilds performance to the other pools performance in the same day. In that case ScryptGuild did better than Waffle, MC and possibly Hashcows (can't say for sure here) but was under CM.

I did include in my calculation the reject rate I got here and what I usually get on other pools (in CM and SG I get 5%~ reject with -i 18, 3%~ on hashcows and MC and 0-0.3% on Waffle).

Thanks for the info.  I get similar reject rates that you report on waffle.  

It's interesting to see all the new multi-scrypt coin pool popping up.  So far I can't see any clear reason to choose one over another.  The margins are all pretty close and fluctuate by what appears to be luck mixed in with some trading luck/timing as well.    Although it does seem like MC has more bad days lately.  I think that pool's strategy relied more on luck which is better with more hash power.. just my educated guess though.

edit: I was on MC for about a month and more recently have been trying Waffle while watching new pools with great interest.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Starscream

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:18:10 AM

Thanks for the info.  I get similar reject rates that you report on waffle.  

It's interesting to see all the new multi-scrypt coin pool popping up.  So far I can't see any clear reason to choose one over another.  The margins are all pretty close and fluctuate by what appears to be luck mixed in with some trading luck/timing as well.    Although it does seem like MC has more bad days lately.  I think that pool's strategy relied more on luck which is better with more hash power.. just my educated guess though.

edit: I was on MC for about a month and more recently have been trying Waffle while watching new pools with great interest.

I personally am at CM and have been for about 2 weeks (since MC sunk in profitability), minus a few days testing other pools. It has the highest profitability average so far, has informative website and the owner communicates really well with the community (unlike h2o).
Obviously, the most important part (for me anyway) is the profitability.

SG is really close, if they can increase profitability and / or reduce the reject than it might be worth a shot. Although gotta keep in mind that the fee here is quite high, 2% base + 1.3% for exchanging (from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong). 3.3% fee is the 2nd highest among switching pools and for the end user has the same affect as rejects.
_r2h

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:20:56 AM

You guys with high rejects need to look into running sgminer 4.1 via windows or BAMT.  If you run g 2 with xintensity it will cut your stales in half.  Frankly at this point if you aren't using sgminer you are mining wrong.

Edit: across my rigs, I have 0.7% stales.
Starscream

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:29:40 AM

You guys with high rejects need to look into running sgminer 4.1 via windows or BAMT.  If you run g 2 with xintensity it will cut your stales in half.
Edit: across my rigs, I have 0.7% stales.

I run sgminer 4.1 on windows with xint (111 = -i 18~) and R9 290 doesn't work well with -g 2.

Don't post a reply based on false assumptions next time.

Frankly at this point if you aren't using sgminer you are mining wrong.

Not that it applies to me, but this is pure bullshit.
devt

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

I just started yesterday with my small rig, the interface is nice and no disconnects when switching coins. But unless you add more coins fast, it's better to mine on a doge pool with much bigger hashrate.

You said that you don't want to restart when adding new coins but 5 min downtime is nothing. Just add them.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:47:29 AM

Neither API nor dash`board are recognising any worker data

API: {"worker_stats":[0],"error":null}
dashboard: "Worker summary" table is empty

However my shares seem to be accepted by the pool. As I mentioned before it's not a big problem but I've added a couple more miners tonight and I don't know if I've set them up properly. Any ideas?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: