Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102202 times)
SebyM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:33:56 AM

Averaged out my earning over the last few days, values are 0.055, 0.058, 0.054, pretty stable and satisfactory. Can't get previous values since i played with doge a bit and stopped autoconversion on them.

I would like to see that $/MH/day graph though, would help me plan ahead without so much excel-ing Smiley

Great job with the pool btw!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

we demand a MH/Day/BTC status

I don't know about the others, but I demand a pony!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
U make my day with that heehehe

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
dhsc19

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:05:51 PM

I've been able to compare ScryptGuild, WeMineAll, hashcows, and LTCrabbit for 3 days.  Among the BTC payout multipools (ScryptGuild, WeMineAll, hashcows) ScryptGuild consistently had a higher available cash-out balance at the end each of the 24 hour periods.  hashcows having the lowest available to cash out.  I know a lot of it has to do with the exchange/payout methods and timing, but ScryptGuild is the quickest to have funds available.  Because of that, at every end of the 24hr period, ScryptGuild always has a comparatively higher balance.  But I think in general, given all things even, they may all end up in the same ballpark.  With some pools doing better than others and vice versa (just look at poolpicker.eu)  However, at least in my testing period, ScryptGuild appeared to do consistently better, at least 4% better than WeMineAll.  I gave up on hashcows because their payout scheme is so slow, which I can see why some people think they're kind of shady...especially if they only mine the pool for 24 hours or less.  But I'm sure the earnings will end up in ballpark as well.  Still, their user interface has remained stale for forever...no account ledger, no user stats, no proper account settings page...the only way to change your password is to go through the "I forgot my password" process...I've gotten tired of it.  Not wasting my time with them anymore.

I'm pretty sure if I were to keep mining these three BTC payout pools, I will eventually see the same fluctuations of one doing better than the other and flip flopping back and forth.  In the end, what keeps me staying at ScryptGuild is the user interface, quick exchange scheme and timing for faster and more accurate available balance, and the coin reserve options.

In comparing ScryptGuild to LTCrabbit, which is a multipool that pays out in LTC, I found that ScryptGuild really didn't do all that significantly better.  Converting to USD, ScryptGuild only made a few cents more.  Until harbor.ly becomes available to the US like coinbase.com, I'd rather not have to go through two exchanges just to get USD.  So, ScryptGuild is still my primary choice.  When harbor.ly becomes available to the US, then I may reconsider.

In the end, I think the days of multipools claiming better profits than others is pretty minuscule.  Distributed hash mining is pretty common now, everyone with their own "custom algorithm".  But, in the end, you're mining the same value coins and dealing the with same exchange rate issues.  I think for pools to really be able to compete is to actually concentrate on creating a better user experience, a better user interface, a more transparent activity/accounting/monitoring.  If LTCrabbit paid out in BTC, I'd probably be mining there.  Their logo is silly, but their website is well laid out.  Their statistics monitoring is complete.  Fast exchange payout.  An android mobile app (third party) that gives me exactly the information I want to see and in a proper format that is practical.

I am definitely rooting for ScryptGuild.  I work with a programmer so I can understand the main priority is always the function versus the form, I get it.  But in the end, given all things equal, it's always going to be the user experience that will sell a product.  So, not only do I hope to see continued improvements on the engine that drives the profits, but also on the UI for continued improvement of the user experience.  It's a lot of burden for one person carry, so I do have to give major props to eleuthria for getting this pool to where it is now.  It's been an incredible development for sure.
csa1234

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:14:50 PM

is there a way to manually cash out my balance? Cause my balance is 0.008BTC and i wish to withdrawn instead of mining till it reach 0.01BTC?

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

is there a way to manually cash out my balance? Cause my balance is 0.008BTC and i wish to withdrawn instead of mining till it reach 0.01BTC?

That will be good idea!
Tjopper

Activity: 146

Co-Founder @ Blocktrail

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:49:50 PM

we demand a MH/Day/BTC status

Great work again eleuthria!
Isnt't an idea to just work on the scrypt-N pool and coins, they are around longer then most scrypt currencies that are pumped and dumped atm.
However I think there is still a dirty smell around NVC

Blocktrail Bitcoin Platform: Wallet - API - Explorer
www.blocktrail.com
www.twitter.com/JopHartog
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:10:44 PM

What I did was simply set the auto-payout to something lower then my balance, had it auto-pay and then set the threshold back again. Not perfect, but I didn't have to wait so long for the payment to be sent.
amacar

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:13:45 PM

What I did was simply set the auto-payout to something lower then my balance, had it auto-pay and then set the threshold back again. Not perfect, but I didn't have to wait so long for the payment to be sent.

Problem is, that you can't set lower auto-payout than 0.01BTC.
Ski72

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Kinex - The New Frontier

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:37:53 AM

On the dashboard, why was LTC removed?  Sorry, "newbie" ...

Please help support our disabled veterans - support the *DAV*
1P8CuGjdAbnxRQxyHqwxrEq8iTyD5UgAyi
As a 100% service connected disabled Navy Veteran, every bit helps! Wink
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:39:49 AM

On the dashboard, why was LTC removed?  Sorry, "newbie" ...

The dashboard only lists coins you have a balance with (+ BTC always listed).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:13:56 AM

I've been able to compare ScryptGuild, WeMineAll, hashcows, and LTCrabbit for 3 days.  Among the BTC payout multipools (ScryptGuild, WeMineAll, hashcows) ScryptGuild consistently had a higher available cash-out balance at the end each of the 24 hour periods.  hashcows having the lowest available to cash out.  I know a lot of it has to do with the exchange/payout methods and timing, but ScryptGuild is the quickest to have funds available.  Because of that, at every end of the 24hr period, ScryptGuild always has a comparatively higher balance.  But I think in general, given all things even, they may all end up in the same ballpark.  With some pools doing better than others and vice versa (just look at poolpicker.eu)  However, at least in my testing period, ScryptGuild appeared to do consistently better, at least 4% better than WeMineAll.  I gave up on hashcows because their payout scheme is so slow, which I can see why some people think they're kind of shady...especially if they only mine the pool for 24 hours or less.  But I'm sure the earnings will end up in ballpark as well.  Still, their user interface has remained stale for forever...no account ledger, no user stats, no proper account settings page...the only way to change your password is to go through the "I forgot my password" process...I've gotten tired of it.  Not wasting my time with them anymore.

I'm pretty sure if I were to keep mining these three BTC payout pools, I will eventually see the same fluctuations of one doing better than the other and flip flopping back and forth.  In the end, what keeps me staying at ScryptGuild is the user interface, quick exchange scheme and timing for faster and more accurate available balance, and the coin reserve options.

In comparing ScryptGuild to LTCrabbit, which is a multipool that pays out in LTC, I found that ScryptGuild really didn't do all that significantly better.  Converting to USD, ScryptGuild only made a few cents more.  Until harbor.ly becomes available to the US like coinbase.com, I'd rather not have to go through two exchanges just to get USD.  So, ScryptGuild is still my primary choice.  When harbor.ly becomes available to the US, then I may reconsider.

In the end, I think the days of multipools claiming better profits than others is pretty minuscule.  Distributed hash mining is pretty common now, everyone with their own "custom algorithm".  But, in the end, you're mining the same value coins and dealing the with same exchange rate issues.  I think for pools to really be able to compete is to actually concentrate on creating a better user experience, a better user interface, a more transparent activity/accounting/monitoring.  If LTCrabbit paid out in BTC, I'd probably be mining there.  Their logo is silly, but their website is well laid out.  Their statistics monitoring is complete.  Fast exchange payout.  An android mobile app (third party) that gives me exactly the information I want to see and in a proper format that is practical.

I am definitely rooting for ScryptGuild.  I work with a programmer so I can understand the main priority is always the function versus the form, I get it.  But in the end, given all things equal, it's always going to be the user experience that will sell a product.  So, not only do I hope to see continued improvements on the engine that drives the profits, but also on the UI for continued improvement of the user experience.  It's a lot of burden for one person carry, so I do have to give major props to eleuthria for getting this pool to where it is now.  It's been an incredible development for sure.
indeed!
stefffe

Activity: 131

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:57:53 PM

Hello There

I Have been mining at multipool.us for many many months but now I switch to this one and I must say I am very pleased.

Extremely stable and accurate, almost the same numbers as cgminer all the time. I also get slightly more profit here I think, hard to tell really with the daily fluctuations.

How ever I have a couple of question.

How can I see what coin is mined atm?

Are you planning on having a backup server soon? I dont feel safe with just one server (all tho yours have never failed yet).

Whats the "Automatic Coin: DOGE" at the top right corner used for? It seems like a button but its not. I could think that main mining is done at doges and the rest is like csc, lot or whatever is there to mine at.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:24:53 PM

Hello There

I Have been mining at multipool.us for many many months but now I switch to this one and I must say I am very pleased.

Extremely stable and accurate, almost the same numbers as cgminer all the time. I also get slightly more profit here I think, hard to tell really with the daily fluctuations.

Are you planning on having a backup server soon? I dont feel safe with just one server (all tho yours have never failed yet).

Whats the "Automatic Coin: DOGE" at the top right corner used for? It seems like a button but its not. I could think that main mining is done at doges and the rest is like csc, lot or whatever is there to mine at.

The "Automatic Coin: DOGE" at the top right corner IS the indicator of what coin is being auto-mined. Wink This is in direct relation to the settings you have selected on the Manage Workers, Worker Coin column. I believe the default is Automatic vs. selecting a specific coin. Think of that as an override option should you chose to want to mine something specific.
stefffe

Activity: 131

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:53:47 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 04:41:23 PM by stefffe

Hello There

The "Automatic Coin: DOGE" at the top right corner IS the indicator of what coin is being auto-mined. Wink This is in direct relation to the settings you have selected on the Manage Workers, Worker Coin column. I believe the default is Automatic vs. selecting a specific coin. Think of that as an override option should you chose to want to mine something specific.

Yeah I figured something like that, but it always shows DOGECOIN, but I get fractions of other coins all the time... this is what Im not getting.

For example, it has been showing DOGECOIN all day, and I have received 295.78227979 LOT.

EDIT:

I Changed my mind when I saw it change to WDC up in the corner Wink

Why not add coins such as

Auroracoin, lucky & fastcoin? These have all been around for a "while".

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
guytechie

Activity: 677

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:57:08 PM

Hello There

I don't think the Automatic Coin changes until you refresh the page.  The pool may change to a different coin but you'd have to refresh the page to see the change.

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
Destiffmast

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

Is it just me or the pool is down? I can't access the website.
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:35:58 PM

Works fine here Smiley
Been testing it with 2MH last week and I like it!.
added another 10MH, if everything goes well will move more rigs Smiley

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:48:34 PM

So, Im loving the scrypt guild, but i have one problem, my miners keep "dropping" to ZERO hashrate for a littlewihle, and then they get back to hashing, they never mine for more than 2minutes ata time, they keep "dropping" and restarting

Anyideas?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
csa1234

Activity: 286

O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:14:07 PM

Eleuthria, today i made 0,00609739 BTC/MH/Day with Scrypt-N after mining Vertcoin and exchanging it to BTC thru Cryptsy... is it possible to get Scrypt-N auto-switch pool? its more profitable and ASIC Scrypt resistance

O2-Protocol.com
Carbon Offset DeFi
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:53:22 PM

Eleuthria, today i made 0,00609739 BTC/MH/Day with Scrypt-N after mining Vertcoin and exchanging it to BTC thru Cryptsy... is it possible to get Scrypt-N auto-switch pool? its more profitable and ASIC Scrypt resistance
Scrypt (N=10) is backwards compatible with Scrypt-Adaptive-N, but not forwards compatible.  The biggest chunks of work that would need to be done are to extend the stratum implementation to pass nfactor along with work, and then have the miner understand this and use the correct nfactor for a given work item.  Problems crop up, however, as different nfactors perform better at different settings (clock rates, intensities, thread concurrences).

Also, I believe nfactor is fixed in existing kernel implementations, so a kernel for each nfactor would need to be compiled by the miner.

So, for a multi-pool to support coins like vertcoin, it would need to develop it's own miner (modifications to sgminer probably), have a custom stratum server implementation with a non-standard nfactor extension, and probably require that miners specify configurations for all the various nfactors they wish to mine.

Suffice to say, it's not a small job.  It will probably happen eventually tho.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: