Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102202 times)
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 04:59:24 PM

I just got 20 Gridseeds a couple days ago with a Rasp Pi.  At 850 MHz, almost no HW errors.  I'm expecting around 7.2 MH (360 kh/s x 20), but Scryptguild says I'm getting around 6.2 to 6.5 MH.  It's been hashing for 48 hours.  Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).

Even so, would that account for an almost 1 MH/s discrepancy?

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guytechie

Activity: 677

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:03:45 PM

I just got 20 Gridseeds a couple days ago with a Rasp Pi.  At 850 MHz, almost no HW errors.  I'm expecting around 7.2 MH (360 kh/s x 20), but Scryptguild says I'm getting around 6.2 to 6.5 MH.  It's been hashing for 48 hours.  Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer

Put something in my tip jar if I made your day. Smiley
BTC:
1MkmBHDjonAFXui6JEx9ZmEemfMtUo9Cmu
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

What mining software?

Cgminer
I'm seeing around 6.7 to 7.0 MH with 20. It's strange, I have drop offs I can't explain, it looks like it's running, I see shares submitted by all attached units on the display but the ScryptGuild Dashboard says otherwise. If I start/stop cgminer the speed picks up for 9-10 hours, then I see it dip on the graph and cycle again. Time for a cron job I guess. Or I was thinking about breaking them up over a couple to see if I can narrow down the bad "seed".
Sir Alan

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:35:24 PM

Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).
The high number of rejects may be due to the intensity setting; try reducing it to -I 13 which is likely to reduce the number of rejects, although you probably don't want to get it down to zero.

Remember that the hash rate shown on the ScryptGuild site is an estimate - a back-calculation based on submitted shares - rather than a definitive count, although it shouldn't be far out.

I have found that Cgminer (3.7.2) can benefit from the occasional restart: it tends to fall over after running continuously for a week or so.  I would too.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
guytechie

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:13:12 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 07:27:37 PM by guytechie

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer
I'm seeing around 6.7 to 7.0 MH with 20. It's strange, I have drop offs I can't explain, it looks like it's running, I see shares submitted by all attached units on the display but the ScryptGuild Dashboard says otherwise. If I start/stop cgminer the speed picks up for 9-10 hours, then I see it dip on the graph and cycle again. Time for a cron job I guess. Or I was thinking about breaking them up over a couple to see if I can narrow down the bad "seed".

I see the same.  I set minimum difficulty at 256 and before it auto adjusts to 512, rejections were lower.  I get about 6.8 to 7 MH for the first few hours then it drops as low as 6.2 MH.

As for intensity, I don't think there is an intensity setting for Grid seeds.  And the Scryptguild has rate estimation explanation doesn't account for a full MH missing.  I have GPU hash rates that are closer to the reported hashrate on cgminer.

I'd like to know how to create a schedule to reboot or restart cgminer.

BTC:
Sir Alan

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:40:35 PM

You could try CGwatcher.  That will monitor it, restart it at specified intervals if required, restart it if it misbehaves, etc.

I find the hash rate varies throughout the day, presumably something to do with the bandwidth available in the area.  Mine goes from a high of around 220K, falls to around 190K during late afternoon and evening, then climbs back up again.  That's on what is supposedly a high speed fibre optic connection; if I switch everything over to an ADSL line (I have both available) it drops by at least a quarter at any time of day.  BTC mining on Slush's pool using BFGminer varies in the same way.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
friendlylion

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:51:22 PM

You could try CGwatcher.  That will monitor it, restart it at specified intervals if required, restart it if it misbehaves, etc.

I find the hash rate varies throughout the day, presumably something to do with the bandwidth available in the area.  Mine goes from a high of around 220K, falls to around 190K during late afternoon and evening, then climbs back up again.  That's on what is supposedly a high speed fibre optic connection; if I switch everything over to an ADSL line (I have both available) it drops by at least a quarter at any time of day.  BTC mining on Slush's pool using BFGminer varies in the same way.

If you aren't using your gridseeds in dual mode, use BFGminer - no HW errors and averaging about 355k/hs per device at 850. http://cryptomining-blog.com/1883-download-the-latest-bfgminer-3-99-0-for-windows-with-gridseed-asic-support/
guytechie

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

If you aren't using your gridseeds in dual mode, use BFGminer - no HW errors and averaging about 355k/hs per device at 850. http://cryptomining-blog.com/1883-download-the-latest-bfgminer-3-99-0-for-windows-with-gridseed-asic-support/

I'll look into it.  Cgminer is reporting 360kh each (total 7.2 MH) as well. So did BFGminer on Windows.   Its the pool that says different.  I know the pool is an estimate but not by THAT huge a difference.

If this is bfginer for Rasp Pi, I'll check it out.

BTC:
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:37:59 PM

@ eleuthria

Is it possible to merge mine scrypt coins, rather than just one at a time?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
inflatin

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 08:48:09 AM

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer

I see the same.  I set minimum difficulty at 256 and before it auto adjusts to 512, rejections were lower.  I get about 6.8 to 7 MH for the first few hours then it drops as low as 6.2 MH.

As for intensity, I don't think there is an intensity setting for Grid seeds.  And the Scryptguild has rate estimation explanation doesn't account for a full MH missing.  I have GPU hash rates that are closer to the reported hashrate on cgminer.

If you're using Windows, this can be done really easily with some batch files and Task Scheduler.
adv

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:21:23 AM

Where I can find the non-automatic conversion now? I found Automatic Conversion on/off button only.

U may thank me here: 14Js1ng1SvYBPgUJnjNAEPYH4d6SHF79UF
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:00:26 AM

Where I can find the non-automatic conversion now? I found Automatic Conversion on/off button only.

If you want to turn off automatic conversion for a certain coin, set an extremely high reserve for it and set your wallet to a local wallet or an exchange.  Manual conversion was only available as a means to test a high volume of trades on Cryptsy to identify all of their (MANY) API failure/errors/inconsistencies before automating the process.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
adv

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:48:15 PM

Manual conversion was only available as a means to test a high volume of trades on Cryptsy to identify all of their (MANY) API failure/errors/inconsistencies before automating the process.
Thank you, I thought you plan to keep and manual and automatic conversion on your site.

U may thank me here: 14Js1ng1SvYBPgUJnjNAEPYH4d6SHF79UF
guytechie

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

What mining software?

Cgminer

If you're using Windows, this can be done really easily with some batch files and Task Scheduler.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with Windows.  I'm a fish out of water with the Rasp Pi.  I did find a way to do it using cron.  It doesn't help though.  Seem like 6.2 to 6.6 MH/s is the best I can do with 20 GSDs at 850 MHz.

BTC:
MrBSmith

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 01:33:16 AM

I'll look into it.  Cgminer is reporting 360kh each (total 7.2 MH) as well. So did BFGminer on Windows.   Its the pool that says different.  I know the pool is an estimate but not by THAT huge a difference.

If this is bfginer for Rasp Pi, I'll check it out.

Be careful there are a lot of cgminer 3.7.2 versions out there. They are not all equal. I had a early version that did not detect a USB issue and the unit appeared to be mining but is you looked closely the accepted shares for one tor two units would stop increasing. switch to a new version that displays the serial numbers and allows individual clock setting and this version would show a unit dropping off due to a USB error. I wrote a script to monitor cgminer via the API and stop and restart cgminer if a unit stops working. you need to have --api-allow and --api-listen w:127.0.0.1 command line settings.

Here is a copy of the script. Don't judge my programming skills by this script it was a quick hack. I called the script "check_cgminer". It assumes you have a startup script called "start.sh" in the directory "/home/pi". The crontab entry I use is "*/5 *   * * *   root    /home/pi/check_cgminer". This checks the that all the gridseeds are healthy every 5 minutes.

if you run the script with the -v option it outputs diagnostic data. "./check_cgminer -v"

Good luck.

#------------------------ BEGIN ---------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

$verbose = 0;
$restart = 0;

if ($ARGV[0] eq "-v")
{
        $verbose = 1;
}

my $cmd = 'echo "{\"command\":\"devs\"}" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028';
 my $res = `$cmd`;

$res =~ s/["]//g;

if ($verbose)
{
        print "Results:\n$res\n\n";
}

while ($res =~ m/ASC:(\d+),Name:(.+?),ID:(\d+),Enabled:(.+?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),Last\sValid\sWork:(.*?),/g)
{
        if ( $4  eq "N" )
        {
                $restart = 1;
        }
        $msg =  '{ ASC ' . $1 . ' , ' . $2 . ' ' . $3 . ' , Enabled ' . $4 . ' ,  Valid Work ' . $14 .' }';

$cmd2 = 'date --date=@' . $14 . '' ;
        my $lvw = `$cmd2`;
        $lvw =~ s/\n//g;
        if ($verbose)
        {
                print "Device Data: $msg $lvw\n";
        }
        $results .= 'Device Data: '. $msg . ' ' . $lvw . "\n";
}

if ($restart)
{
        sleep(5);
        print "CGMINER needs to be restarted\n";
        my $cmd = 'echo "{\"command\":\"quit\"}" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028';
        my $res = `$cmd`;
        print "CGMINER Reply $res\n";
        sleep(10);

my $cmd = 'sudo /home/pi/start.sh';
        my $res = `$cmd`;

my $cmd = 'date >> /tmp/restart.log';
        my $res = `$cmd`;
}

#------------------------ END ---------------------------------------

rt123

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 10:59:58 PM

Hey eleuthria,
How about adding Einsteinium (EMC2) & Potcoin (POT). They seem to be pretty profitable these days.

Also, how about stats like btc/mhash daily etc...
I know numerous people have asked for this in this thread, but you somehow don't want to do it.

I know it is your pool & you can do what you want, but believe we would have more new people coming in if they had the Stats to see.

I have been here since this pool started & have zero complaints, but it would be nice if we could grow more that the 3Ghash we've been stuck at foe weeks.
I believe the STATS would help attract more people as mining is all about statistical data.
Just me 2 Cents.
Bye.
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:49:50 AM

Just a note: the recent conversion list on the convert to btc page is getting huge... can you add a page switch or a filter to display only the last n conversions ?

Thanks.
uzgen

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:21:08 AM

Hey Eleuthria.
Could you please add a new value for 'Rejected shares percentage' for every worker to 'Rejected shares' column or just a new column in 'Dashboard' section as on screenshot?
This information is helpfull to watch for workers and investigate high stales rate.
Also I would like to see 'Total Rejected Shares percentage' in the bottom of that column.
Thanks.
https://i.imgur.com/4sjIwqC.png
kreeften

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 09:36:11 AM

Bitcoin (BTC)
Smartcoin (SMC)

Approx. BTC Value

why Conversion Smartcoin not?

guytechie

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:47:25 AM

Not sure if this was asked before, but what is Screen Lock?  It's after you click your username, right next to Log Off.

BTC:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: