Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]AKC will belong to community. - NO PREMINE , FAIR - 900MIL  (Read 67155 times)
NJRiot

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:40:13 PM

Dev, the block times are getting stupid...

You said this coin is 30 block retarget. This is obviously not true.
What the hell is wrong with the retarget?

You need to fix retarget and implement gravity well or this coin is doomed.

Difficulty 12.96129680
Est Next Difficulty 4.87814415 (Change in 18 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block 5 minutes 18 seconds
Current Block 2112

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██       ███████████       ██  ███  ██
██  ███  ██                         ██  ███  ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:41:06 PM

I think we should rename to FKCoin.

Why?

It can have a dual meaning.  To lend to its credibility, for positive press, it's officially for Fair Keiser Coin

For those of us in the community who've been here since inception... we really know it stands for Fuck Keiser Coin   Grin

Easier to put the acronym FKC on any official logs etc too

Thoughts?

Better. More Juicy. More sticky.
DaveNYC1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:42:09 PM

@ NJRiot

Thanks for the link neighbor  Wink
NJRiot

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Hoqu.io – Tokensale is live

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:43:57 PM

@ NJRiot

Thanks for the link neighbor  Wink

no problem ... also look into downloading msi afternurner,
that's what I use .. keeps my cards nice and cool too.

████████████████   ███████████████
   ████             ███   ███        ████
  ████   ██████████   ███  █████████    ███
 ███    ███     █████  ███  ███   ████   ███
███   ███   ███    ███  ███  ████    ███   ██
███  ██   ████████  ███  ███████████  ███   ██
██   ██  ████   ████  ██  █████   ███  ███   ██
███  ██  ████   ████  ███  ████   ███   ███  ██
████  ██    ██████████  ███  ███████   ███   ██
████  ████    ███  ███  ████    ██    ███   ██
 ████   █████  ███  ███   █████    █████  ███
  ████   █████████  ████   ██████████   ████
   █████        ███   █████           ████
      ███████████████    ████████████████

Get free
.100 HQX

...............................Decentralized affiliate platform.............................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

stevetrac

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:45:33 PM

this coin if you can get the hash large enough will get a lot of media coverage. Since if they cover the max keiser coin the press will have to mention the anti keiser coin.

However i think renaming it to fairkeisercoin would get a better reception.

1. it gets the message across that his coin was not fairly launched and not that we are against max personally

2. people are more attracted to fair things than they are to ANTI or opposition when they don't really understand what it is they are supposed to be in opposition too.

However the launch of this was way way better and i agree this coin should really rise about the other 2 max coins.

Thanks for your good comments! We're thinking about changing name too.

Look like press love Max Keiser so much. I am so surprised, even any altcoin news site did not publish an article about this coin.

fed up with this shit coin who wants  197,000 of the feckers

Please check your computer mate, there must be a trojan or virus.

About online wallet, we're trying to fix it. I have tested site in a lot of browser but I didnot experience any problem. Im so sorry for your troubles. Your coins are safe.

sorry how are the coins safe.
Memorise457

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.
But going back or restarting is too hard and impossible after at this moment
stevetrac

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:48:35 PM

still missing  270k  not mining anymore just want to sell whats left (193k) and leave this shit coin behind , bunch of crooks

steve, you can email the pool op right from his pool ...
use contact. send him and email, im sure hell sort it out for ya man!

what does it have to do with  ,him the pool sent the coins . it's the wallet they disappeared from along with any trace of transactions

Steve you must have gotten some orphaned blocks during the early points of mining. It's what happens during a new coin launch, a lot of orphans show up during the instamine phase. The blockchain must have updated and the orphaned coins were thrown out. That's all that happened.

what every single coin I mined in the first few hours was orphaned , no stolen
DaveNYC1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:17:42 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

I agree that this may be difficult to salvage, but it is not impossible.  With the right words, I believe it may be possible to take this coin that was born out of resentment towards MK and turn it into a positive.  He has the media exposure, mouth and money to give his coin some legs (but who knows for how long).  Even the exchangers bought into his hype.  But those reporting do not care how it was launched.  I'm a noob (although I learned a lot this past week since trying to do my first mine) but even I know that that's not how you launch a product... ANY PRODUCT!

He and/or his DEVs didn't live up to their own pre-launch promises.  I don't know anything about pre-mining, but I think from what I've read on these boards, it's very suspect.

If this is true plus all screw-ups are counter to what he preaches every friggin' day on his show, website & more!

This launch didn't go off perfectly, but the DEVs got their house in order VERY QUICKLY and kept us informed and not in the dark.  They promptly decided to relaunch and it was great.  They didn't attack their clients; call them babies for not knowing how to compile, use command prompts and all the other nonsense. 

This coin, put together by (to me... unknowns - no offense) was done the way I believe MaxCoin should've been.

As I said, I believe we use this to our advantage... with the right approach and words, to gain legitimacy and exposure.  Who knows?  Maybe the road, the FKC can evolve and mean something else.  My $.02.

DaveNYC1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

As a professional in advertising with 12 years of experience I would strongly advice to NOT change the name to FKC.

1. Dual meaning is a total failure in communication. The ideal is to have a 1 strong killer concept, not something that could be understood as FUCK-COIN.

2. I think that the purpose of this coin is to whip the ass of keiser.

3. To me a "Fair Keiser Coin" would be like a Maxcoin2. I mean, a maxcoin holder already think that keiser is fair.

That's my humble opinion, NO OFFENSE to anyone!

Thanks for your insight.  I've worked in marcomm in the past as well.  Here are my thoughts on your thoughts... not going for a cockfight here haha

1) Yes, dual-meanings usually do fail if they're marketed as such.  My point is that going forward... the concept is presented in the new light (if & whatever the new name is).  We know where this came from... it doesn't have continued to be broadcast as such. One message going forward... the coin for the people, by the people! Can't get more fair or grassroots than that

2) No coin will kick his ass.  He has enough money to care less.  He is vain, but he may just open his mind to fact that he lost a lot of credibility with viewers & fans (as I was)  He loses this base... it affects his wallet.  That's why we're all here right?

3) As with anything in life.... you'll have your die-hards who'll follow him off a cliff, then those who are skeptical but will ride the perceived coat tails of success/profit.

All the best
Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:43:07 PM

Whatever it is, it isn't 30 blocks.

During the launch, the first retarget didn't take place till about block 1000-2000.

Just checked the source: looks like the block retarget interval is 360 blocks for the first 70000 blocks.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Kheg

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

Just a quick note - pool difficulties are behind us.
We're still sorry for the fuss it caused.

PoolMineWith.Us has awarded it's first three block finders with 0% fees as promised!

There's still 2 more... you know what, to make it up to you we're extending the promotion to a total of the first 10 blocks found.

There's still 7 more slots eligible to get 0% fees!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:20:51 PM

anti keiser coin just gives the wrong impression about this coins reason for existing.

The main reason for this coin is just to present a FAIR opportunity to mining a coin named after max keiser.

The coin was not really created to say we hate max keiser himself.

Also many people in crypto and the media and really quite pro MAX.  I can see them in an interview possibly bringing up the fact there is another keiser based coin called fairkeisercoin  but not really Anti keiser coin.

FairMaxCoin or Fairkeisercoin i think will be better for this coin long term. All this coin needs in a lot of hash and the media will have no option but to mention it alongside his coin.  Also the fact it has FAIR in the title says straight away his was unfair not that it was just created by a bunch of max haters.

Memorise457

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:32:59 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

I agree that this may be difficult to salvage, but it is not impossible.  With the right words, I believe it may be possible to take this coin that was born out of resentment towards MK and turn it into a positive.  He has the media exposure, mouth and money to give his coin some legs (but who knows for how long).  Even the exchangers bought into his hype.  But those reporting do not care how it was launched.  I'm a noob (although I learned a lot this past week since trying to do my first mine) but even I know that that's not how you launch a product... ANY PRODUCT!

He and/or his DEVs didn't live up to their own pre-launch promises.  I don't know anything about pre-mining, but I think from what I've read on these boards, it's very suspect.

If this is true plus all screw-ups are counter to what he preaches every friggin' day on his show, website & more!

This launch didn't go off perfectly, but the DEVs got their house in order VERY QUICKLY and kept us informed and not in the dark.  They promptly decided to relaunch and it was great.  They didn't attack their clients; call them babies for not knowing how to compile, use command prompts and all the other nonsense.  

This coin, put together by (to me... unknowns - no offense) was done the way I believe MaxCoin should've been.

As I said, I believe we use this to our advantage... with the right approach and words, to gain legitimacy and exposure.  Who knows?  Maybe the road, the FKC can evolve and mean something else.  My $.02.

I think you may are right. But as i said too, renaming is very hard.
Maybe the problem can be only promotion and support. Community is not supportive. Press and social media was not used as i saw.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

I agree that this may be difficult to salvage, but it is not impossible.  With the right words, I believe it may be possible to take this coin that was born out of resentment towards MK and turn it into a positive.  He has the media exposure, mouth and money to give his coin some legs (but who knows for how long).  Even the exchangers bought into his hype.  But those reporting do not care how it was launched.  I'm a noob (although I learned a lot this past week since trying to do my first mine) but even I know that that's not how you launch a product... ANY PRODUCT!

He and/or his DEVs didn't live up to their own pre-launch promises.  I don't know anything about pre-mining, but I think from what I've read on these boards, it's very suspect.

This launch didn't go off perfectly, but the DEVs got their house in order VERY QUICKLY and kept us informed and not in the dark.  They promptly decided to relaunch and it was great.  They didn't attack their clients; call them babies for not knowing how to compile, use command prompts and all the other nonsense. 

As I said, I believe we use this to our advantage... with the right approach and words, to gain legitimacy and exposure.  Who knows?  Maybe the road, the FKC can evolve and mean something else.  My $.02.

I think you may be right. But as i said too, renaming is very hard.
Maybe the problem can be only promotion and support. Community is not supportive. Press and social media was not used as i saw.

Renaming is very easy. Many coins rename after launch. It is not even on exchange yet so i don't see any problem renaming

Memorise457

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

Renaming is very easy. Many coins rename after launch. It is not even on exchange yet so i don't see any problem renaming
Final desicion is dev's
DaveNYC1

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

excellent point
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

Maybe could be good FKC.

excellent point

Good luck trying to explain to the ppl why "fair keiser coin" is more "fair" than maxcoin  Grin

It wasn't a scam launch with no windows wallet and only a few having immediate access to the gpu miner. Simple.

sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:19:03 PM

What's technically unique about this coin?
atheistftwins

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

During the launch, the first retarget didn't take place till about block 1000-2000.

Just checked the source: looks like the block retarget interval is 360 blocks for the first 70000 blocks.

This needs to be resolved immediately.

720 minutes target is way too long. 12 hour retarget times with no gravity well is a death sentence for coins nowadays. Dev needs to change this to 30 blocks like was advertised IMMEDIATELY or implement gravity well.
stevetrac

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:45:49 PM

This needs to be resolved immediately.

720 minutes target is way too long. 12 hour retarget times with no gravity well is a death sentence for coins nowadays. Dev needs to change this to 30 blocks like was advertised IMMEDIATELY or implement gravity well.

wasting your time he's gone   with my coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: