Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:56:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for translations of the Bitcoin article in Wikipedia [upto 23 BTC]  (Read 18102 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5138
Merit: 12565

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 09:40:42 PM

Donated 25.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 10:49:11 PM

Well, i fully translated Polish wikipedia page, but there wasn't a bounty at the time.
Thanks for adding me to the list, cw.

----------------

Also, i think that it would be good idea to make somebody more trusted such as theymos, Kiba, Gavin or Noagendamarket hold the money.
No offense there cw, but you just registered.

eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2011, 10:54:33 PM

Sent 0.5 to the fund.
Donated 25.
Thanks niooron and theymos, I've donated 25.5 as well since I can see both of your transactions in the blockchain.  Ironically enough, I can't see my own there--probably because it was mybitcoin->mybitcoin.  Sent the 25.5 from the client instead to counter this.  Still 24.5 to be matched!

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 02:44:46 AM

Finished the full translation of the spanish version. Someone else had done the first paragraph, maybe they are around.
cw (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 12:11:09 PM

Finished the full translation of the spanish version. Someone else had done the first paragraph, maybe they are around.

I have fixed some templates, categories, etc. It still needs some improvements:
  • In the reference, translate all date strings (there are names of months in English).
  • When references are in English, you have to add the attribute "idioma=inglés" to the cite template.
cw (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

Also, some sentences do not look natural, they need more adaptation to sound Spanish. There are also a good number of missing accents and other typos. Still needs more review (either by you or others).
niooron

View Profile
March 21, 2011, 12:57:05 PM

Also, some sentences do not look natural, they need more adaptation to sound Spanish. There are also a good number of missing accents and other typos. Still needs more review (either by you or others).
}}

I'll get around to it. Some sentences just need to be rewritten.
foxmulder

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 03:09:16 AM

Indonesian translation 99% finished, more explanation here : http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4799.0, translating quite bit technical article to asian languages is quite hard so would be glad if someone donate other than those bounty reward.

Todo if i am  getting more financial support Cheesy
1. Fine tune grammar
2. More easier to read & understand
3. More localize example
niooron

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 01:05:36 PM

Nobody is reviewing anything, I think these articles are really important to spread the word about Bitcoin.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 23, 2011, 01:28:49 PM

Donated 25 BTC Smiley

One off NP-Hard.
cw (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 06:12:27 AM

Indonesian translation 99% finished, more explanation here : http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4799.0, translating quite bit technical article to asian languages is quite hard so would be glad if someone donate other than those bounty reward.

Maybe there are other indonesian-speakers who want to donate an extra amount...?

Nobody is reviewing anything, I think these articles are really important to spread the word about Bitcoin.

I'm sorry. I'm currently travelling abroad. I'll review everything as soon as possible.
Zulu

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 03:53:08 PM

Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin). Same username there as here, Zulu. Potential reward can be sent to: 1Ko9yVjydbqnMFFex1CYAP2krS76e7GNs5

Personally I found the English article to be quite lacking. I'm not sure you get a good understanding of how exactly Bitcoin actually work from reading it. It also contains a lot of repetitions. I also think the article needs to push the economic aspects a bit more and be a bit more self-critical. Right now it's mostly about the tech, which is, to most people, rather uninteresting.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
March 24, 2011, 05:50:41 PM

Should i try campaining(sp?) to have people review and approve my translation?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2011, 08:07:15 PM

Donated 25 BTC Smiley
Thanks da2ce7--I've donated the rest of my promised matching.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
foxmulder

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 02:45:40 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2011, 03:15:40 AM by foxmulder

Luckas Bot and other bot seems to be messed up my translation Sad

[Edit]
- Added more proper grammar + more readable & understandable text
- Currently still on peer review which done by 3 stupid automatic bot + 1 real human
cw (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 05:34:17 AM

Personally I found the English article to be quite lacking. I'm not sure you get a good understanding of how exactly Bitcoin actually work from reading it. It also contains a lot of repetitions. I also think the article needs to push the economic aspects a bit more and be a bit more self-critical. Right now it's mostly about the tech, which is, to most people, rather uninteresting.

Yes. I didn't expect the translation bounty to take off so quickly. So that these kind of things could be pointed out. We should improve the English article and, probably, start a bounty here for funding a bounty on Wikipedia's Reward Board. That would get some experienced Wikipedians to work on it.
cw (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 08:02:33 AM

Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin).

Could you add some relevant categories to the article? Otherwise, looks pretty good!
Zulu

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 09:26:48 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2011, 09:39:55 AM by Zulu

Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin).

Could you add some relevant categories to the article? Otherwise, looks pretty good!

Added a couple that seemed relevant.
cw (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 11:17:33 AM

Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin). Same username there as here, Zulu.

Looks good from the point of view of references, links, format, markup, categories, etc. Although, I see it's been marked as needed grammar improvements by the user Imperto. So it might need some work yet.
Zulu

View Profile
March 25, 2011, 11:21:17 AM

Article translated to Swedish by me (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin). Same username there as here, Zulu.

Looks good from the point of view of references, links, format, markup, categories, etc. Although, I see it's been marked as needed grammar improvements by the user Imperto. So it might need some work yet.

Yeah, I just noticed. I don't think it's so much the grammar (hopefully) as it is the use of some English expressions and such, which is really hard to avoid when it comes to technology in general. I'll look over the article more closely during the weekend.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: