Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UFO] ▲▲ UFO Coin [In Exchanges] Interplanetary Crypto Currency ▲▲  (Read 60778 times)
itos (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:44:45 AM

New Block Explorer!

Block Explorer

Donations for CryptoCoinExplorer.com
BTC: 1CRypTosugXcXQNjp16Cra83c3M24vVW9Y
miles2k

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:30:57 AM

An update from iraszl from the Main Site.

image here

Sincerely I find those images that have been promoted here too creepy for a coin.

yup same here, please don't create this coin as some special niche coin just for some retards worshiping aliens and stuff, it will die if you do!

Although I agree the coin would benefit from wider appeal, be careful with your condescending tone until you've done even the tiniest bit of research on the subject. There are many highly qualified nuclear physicists, US army Generals, former mayors of states and directors of the biggest military industrial companies on the planet that consider what you think is retarded to be undeniable fact.

We need to find a careful balance between not being too niche and not turning away those that investigated the coin for it's name because it looks like a gimmick.

I don't hold any coins anymore, but I saw this and have to say that I'd go full retard with it lol. I'm kidding with the R word, but I'd go all the way with catering to the paranormal / ufo / alien crowd. Who cares what anyone else thinks? Seriously, most people are buying and holding altcoins out of pure speculation anyway. They're not going to give two craps about how scary or creepy a banner might be. Terms like UFO, alien, ghost, spaceship, etc are all heavily searched terms. Build a website for the coin and fill it to the brim with content related to those terms, and the coin will do damn well.

I know building a site is a lot of work, and I'm too lazy to do any. Which coin is it that pays people for writing wiki articles? Do something like that maybe. You can generate content out the ass, and since you're using heavily searched terms google will love you.

ufo BzdABPs5E7NM21b6RjGaAWQzFvcSPfo9EJ
iraszl

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:30:12 AM

The UFOcoin.co site is ready, but it's not yet online. We're uploading it now... Will post again when done.

Thanks for the critical comment. It brings up and importan subject. Who do we target and what is our core message? Brands can't and shouldn't talk to all of their customers. Successful brands target an interesting niche to create word of mouth. For example Nike is worn by everybody from grandmas to toddlers, but they will not and shouldn't create marketing that target elderly people with foot problems who need comfortable shoes or mothers with small babies. They target the opinion leader cool people who take their sport to the limit. Everyone else comes along because they want a bit of that feeling in their lives.

Same with UFO Coin. We do need to create a unique identity for this coin. Something people can take notice and remember. Maybe even talk about. The way we are going to take this coin to the galaxy is it people talk about. Btw, that 'scary' looking alien image is just one of the 5 slides. The others are not scary at all.

If we make it generic and toned down it will go unnoticed. Also, the name already lends itself this coin to be a fan coin, not a general coin like bitcoin, litecoin, emuney, etc. Doge, UFO, Coinye are meant to be marketed in a different way.

Most importantly UFO is a fun coin, we should not be afraid to go all the way just for the heck of it. Smiley

There will be another site for the UFO coin foundation where we will organize serious projects as well. That will be less edgy. The two will bring balance to the UFO Coin brand in general.

Once we have the sites ready we will start stunts to have fun and to get coverage in the news. We will be the first to take a crypto currency to space literally (and hopefully metaphorically too).
hashmen

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:54:42 AM

The UFOcoin.co site is ready, but it's not yet online. We're uploading it now... Will post again when done.

Thanks for the critical comment. It brings up and importan subject. Who do we target and what is our core message? Brands can't and shouldn't talk to all of their customers. Successful brands target an interesting niche to create word of mouth. For example Nike is worn by everybody from grandmas to toddlers, but they will not and shouldn't create marketing that target elderly people with foot problems who need comfortable shoes or mothers with small babies. They target the opinion leader cool people who take their sport to the limit. Everyone else comes along because they want a bit of that feeling in their lives.

Same with UFO Coin. We do need to create a unique identity for this coin. Something people can take notice and remember. Maybe even talk about. The way we are going to take this coin to the galaxy is it people talk about. Btw, that 'scary' looking alien image is just one of the 5 slides. The others are not scary at all.

If we make it generic and toned down it will go unnoticed. Also, the name already lends itself this coin to be a fan coin, not a general coin like bitcoin, litecoin, emuney, etc. Doge, UFO, Coinye are meant to be marketed in a different way.

Most importantly UFO is a fun coin, we should not be afraid to go all the way just for the heck of it. Smiley

There will be another site for the UFO coin foundation where we will organize serious projects as well. That will be less edgy. The two will bring balance to the UFO Coin brand in general.

Once we have the sites ready we will start stunts to have fun and to get coverage in the news. We will be the first to take a crypto currency to space literally (and hopefully metaphorically too).

No its not! remove that stupid creepy pictures!
we dont need a coin which only you and other 10 people are using
darius08

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:12:56 AM

imo make it creepy and make it stand out Smiley all the artwork so far in the ads has been stellar. devs trust your gut!
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:42:17 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:45:22 AM by iraszl

We can certainly change the images if you all hate them, what do you suggest instead? Also, bear in mind that it will be extremely hard to find something that everybody likes, but we can try! We should just make sure it's not something that nobody likes, but nobody minds. Smiley

Check out the site now: http://ufocoin.co
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:39:10 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 05:16:27 AM by itos

Donations Reminder

Hi guys this is just a regular reminder that you can donate for further development and maintenance of the coin. Next soon we will have a working block chain explorer. People are mining thousands of UFOs per day, some miners millions, haven't seen a donation in almost a week.

cisahasa - Development and Community Management
UFO CEA5qoN1zm8QRKzsoFjsYsd8zGAmcTrkS6

itos - Development and Community Management
UFO BuZG8fg3AWkS9BBZ6bfv3BUVPbAinfALqN

iraszl - Site, Artworks, Marketing & Communication - New awesome logo!
UFO C97FGG2wYFBVVVRzkNzE87kYno1vqm2GSi

gginer - Windows Wallet Compile
UFO C8cwpDWHJboK6WnssjoW4CDeojuMQCT2dn

instacash - Mac OSX Wallet Compile
UFO CGS24RMyR3DPK81gi37VMi2qLWMKvV8qaM

You can see all we have done and future to do stuff here:

Community To Do List

Thanks and have a great day!
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:47:40 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 01:46:39 PM by iraszl

No its not! remove that stupid creepy pictures!
we dont need a coin which only you and other 10 people are using

We removed the creepy aliens! Smiley
hashmen

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:15:07 PM

indeed! very nice
btcpoland

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:26:22 PM

scifi-ex.com is down for the whole day and price at cryptorush.in is droping!
SummersideGuy

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:35:03 PM

If people would stop dumping for quick BTC then the price would stop dropping. Eventually if interest picks up this will stop. The coin has to offer something first though and at the moment it is just another generic coin with a flashy gimic. Dogecoin is where it is at because you can actually buy sell and trade goods for it not only BTC. See below for examples
http://doges.org/
http://shopdoge.com/
Making a flashy website is one thing but it still does not make the coin stand out from the pack.
hashmen

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:48:26 PM

If people would stop dumping for quick BTC then the price would stop dropping. Eventually if interest picks up this will stop. The coin has to offer something first though and at the moment it is just another generic coin with a flashy gimic. Dogecoin is where it is at because you can actually buy sell and trade goods for it not only BTC. See below for examples
Making a flashy website is one thing but it still does not make the coin stand out from the pack.
hahah let them dump  Grin
I sold 600k (about 20% of what I had) for 48satoshi and bought back with all the $ from that at 9satoshi.
not bad scooping up from dumpers Wink holding now till again it hits 50-100+
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:52:22 PM

hahah let them dump  Grin
I sold 600k (about 20% of what I had) for 48satoshi and bought back with all the $ from that at 9satoshi.
not bad scooping up from dumpers Wink holding now till again it hits 50-100+
Agreed, scoop up the Dumpers sell orders, and hold until it rises again, best way to make money let the dumpers eat the loss. I was doing the same thing in Scifi exchange
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:56:53 PM

I just hear complaints from this community but so far not one solution. If you think that 2 person dev team is going to solve all problems you are wrong. It's not that the developer of Doge Coin did absolutely everything and did all the promotion by himself. All the community has to work together, here I just see everyone expecting that 2 persons do all and magically rise the price, it's an illusion.

Also it's been a week and not a single UFO donation to the community team. This shows that everyone it's just expecting that 2 person solve everything without them doing any work and magically UFO will be 1000 satoshis by march.
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:02:27 PM

I just hear complaints from this community but so far not one solution. If you think that 2 person dev team is going to solve all problems you are wrong. It's not that the developer of Doge Coin did absolutely everything and did all the promotion by himself. All the community has to work together, here I just see everyone expecting that 2 persons do all and magically rise the price.

Also it's been a week and not a single UFO donation to the community team.
Dude, I had a total of 3,450,000 UFO +- a few hundred, I have donated a sum total of 450K of this so far. That is 13% of my total UFOcoin, I dont recall doing a whole lot of complaining either, I merely point out to those who are concerned about the value possible reasons for being where it is. High values dont happen overnight but some people expect to get rich quick but the reality of it is the coin will fall inline value wise on the exchange based on how easy it is to mine and the utility of the coin. If it were difficult to mine there would be less coin to flood the market so the satoshi value per coin would be higher.
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:07:20 PM

I just hear complaints from this community but so far not one solution. If you think that 2 person dev team is going to solve all problems you are wrong. It's not that the developer of Doge Coin did absolutely everything and did all the promotion by himself. All the community has to work together, here I just see everyone expecting that 2 persons do all and magically rise the price.

Dude, I had a total of 3,450,000 UFO +- a few hundred, I have donated a sum total of 450K of this so far. That is 13% of my total UFOcoin, I dont recall doing a whole lot of complaining either, I merely point out to those who are concerned about the value possible reasons for being where it is. High values dont happen overnight but some people expect to get rich quick but the reality of it is the coin will fall inline value wise on the exchange based on how easy it is to mine and the utility of the coin. If it were difficult to mine there would be less coin to flood the market so the satoshi value per coin would be higher.

I didn't say because of you! You have been one of the most generous people here! I appreciate that. I apologise if you felt offended. But there are many people mining thousands of UFOs per day and doing nothing just saying.

So maybe a good thing we could do is bring more miners now?
SummersideGuy

I am a meat Popsicle

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

I didn't say because of you! You have been one of the most generous people here! I appreciate that. I apologise if you felt offended. But there are many people mining thousands of UFOs per day and doing nothing just saying.

I gaurrantee that those people not donating are the ones whining about the low price
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

I gaurrantee that those people not donating are the ones whining about the low price

Haha could be. But well at least as hash men say you could take advantage of the situation and buy low now and then sell high later.
mfpowernl

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:42:26 PM

Iam trader i just spend a little money in this coin! Tell me why i would spend some bigger money in this coin...
hashmen

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:44:03 PM

Iam trader i just spend a little money in this coin! Tell me why i would spend some bigger money in this coin...
if you can get them cheap, there's no risk even buying them now since we get around 100mhs hashrate only now, and value can't really drop much lower then this!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: