Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:43:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UFO] ▲▲ UFO Coin [In Exchanges] Interplanetary Crypto Currency ▲▲  (Read 60778 times)
acckiller

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:23:32 PM

scartch that i got them just showed up
acckiller

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

cmine.de i put in for a cashout and set my auto payout but still waiting hope he paysout he must because theres people still mining there
Bux

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:31:09 PM

cmine.de I've tried to do auto or manual for 3 days and no luck. Hopefully he'll figure this out and send our coins.
CaptainHash

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:25:04 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry for the tardy reply, I have been very busy lately and just realized the payout issue. No worries, you won't loose any of your shares.
To fix that issue I had to restart stratum and the UFO wallet, payouts will be processed soon.

The logs I just read reveal that cmine.de was under attack during the last days, nothing to worry, the attacker(s) did not have any success in breaking into the system, but their DDOS attacks slowed the server down sometimes. I just took some additional security precautions. Just wondering who is making such an effort to hack a small pool like cmine.de, but simple script kiddies won't have a chance.

Thanks to everyone who reported that issue. Your coins are safe. Payouts worth 20 million UFO are just being processed, all manual payouts are finished. Automatic payouts are next, I will let you know asap.

Question regarding wallets with LOTS of transactions:
The UFO Coin Wallet is eating most of the CPU power of the server, and the load is getting higher and higher. I think it has to do with the thousands of transactions the wallet has made, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone confirm my assumption? Would it help to use a new wallet every now and then or should I move the wallet to another computer with more power?

Another important question about the UFO network:
How many active connections do you guys usually have?
I am running a total of 4 wallets myself, but none of them has more than two connections.
daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:50:20 PM

CaptainHash,

Thanks for your reply. I just received my coins.

When I tried solo mining cgminer said i found a block that was accepted but never got the credit in wallet. I removed addnode=168.61.90.60:9887 from thee conf file and now blocks are credited. Very strange... But still the wallet shows 1 active connection...

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
CaptainHash

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:09:12 PM

CaptainHash,

Thanks for your reply. I just received my coins.

When I tried solo mining cgminer said i found a block that was accepted but never got the credit in wallet. I removed addnode=168.61.90.60:9887 from thee conf file and now blocks are credited. Very strange... But still the wallet shows 1 active connection...

Yeah, I guess most of the nodes in my ufo.conf are dead. I don't get past two active connections, which is kinda scary sometimes, I don't want to end on a fork.
Maybe we should verify and update the addnode list.

I will contribute a 24/7 node:

----------------------------

To all the miners of cmine.de:
All remaining payouts have been processed.
CaptainHash

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:25:45 PM

All the attacks on cmine.de originate from sweden, it's a guy running a CS server whose computer either has been compromised or who is absolutely stupid and has no idea on how to cover his traces.
Probably part of a bot net, the attack pattern tells me that it's just a stupid script being executed over and over again. Thought about reporting the IP address, but I don't want anyone to get in trouble for being stupid and messing around with my server, would probably be a waste of time anyway.
lee9527

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:17:26 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry for the tardy reply, I have been very busy lately and just realized the payout issue. No worries, you won't loose any of your shares.
To fix that issue I had to restart stratum and the UFO wallet, payouts will be processed soon.

The logs I just read reveal that cmine.de was under attack during the last days, nothing to worry, the attacker(s) did not have any success in breaking into the system, but their DDOS attacks slowed the server down sometimes. I just took some additional security precautions. Just wondering who is making such an effort to hack a small pool like cmine.de, but simple script kiddies won't have a chance.

Thanks to everyone who reported that issue. Your coins are safe. Payouts worth 20 million UFO are just being processed, all manual payouts are finished. Automatic payouts are next, I will let you know asap.

Question regarding wallets with LOTS of transactions:
The UFO Coin Wallet is eating most of the CPU power of the server, and the load is getting higher and higher. I think it has to do with the thousands of transactions the wallet has made, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone confirm my assumption? Would it help to use a new wallet every now and then or should I move the wallet to another computer with more power?

Another important question about the UFO network:
How many active connections do you guys usually have?
I am running a total of 4 wallets myself, but none of them has more than two connections.

i see the widthwraw  in the pool. but it didn't  to my  wallet ,what's the reason?
captainproton

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:14:18 PM

Something wrong with this pool! I had over 1500 coins one minute and then only 200... Suddenly they are all orphaned.

More orphans than anything else. I'm only sticking with this pool for another 48 hours, if things don't improve I'm gone.

Craig
miles2k

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:51:37 PM

Something wrong with this pool! I had over 1500 coins one minute and then only 200... Suddenly they are all orphaned.

More orphans than anything else. I'm only sticking with this pool for another 48 hours, if things don't improve I'm gone.

Craig

I don't know why no one has posted about it, but the word is that UFO may have suffered some kind of significant attack - possibly 51%. Sorry, I don't know anymore than that. The coin was taken off the scifi exchange over it.

ufo BzdABPs5E7NM21b6RjGaAWQzFvcSPfo9EJ
captainproton

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:11:57 PM

I don't know why no one has posted about it, but the word is that UFO may have suffered some kind of significant attack - possibly 51%. Sorry, I don't know anymore than that. The coin was taken off the scifi exchange over it.

Thanks for the info.  Hope they hunt the bastards down and boil them in oil.

Of the 11,000 coins I mined only just over 5,000 have been confirmed.
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:30:23 PM

Check it out, folks. http://ufocoin.co/forum/60

Fellow Space Travellers,

As some of you may already have noticed, the network was experiencing troubles for the last several
days. Those events started happening on the 7th of April, including lost transactions, many orphaned
blocks in a row and adding to that, cmine.de pool had been under unsuccessful attack resulting in the
halting of the automatic payouts.

That led us to believe that the blockchain might have been forked and therefore the security of the
coin balance compromised either by man-made intervention or the natural effect of a weak network.

For that reason we asked the scifi-ex to remove UFO Coin from exchange so as not to risk illegitimate
coins(if any) to be traded.

The UFO Coin Project is not dead. It was ill and is in cryonics mode now. A second takeover is about
to happen. Thankfully, with our team expansion, we are working its awakening soon to find it on a
new algo and many amazing things are waiting in store.

Do not worry about your coins! All pre-4/7 coins are going to be transferred to the new blockchain to
protect the legacy stakeholders. Expect a pre-announcement with more details soon and brace
yourselves for what might be an amazing journey!

The UFO Coin Team

captainproton

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 11:06:19 PM

Check it out, folks. http://ufocoin.co/forum/60

Fellow Space Travellers,

As some of you may already have noticed, the network was experiencing troubles for the last several
days. Those events started happening on the 7th of April, including lost transactions, many orphaned
blocks in a row and adding to that, cmine.de pool had been under unsuccessful attack resulting in the
halting of the automatic payouts.

That led us to believe that the blockchain might have been forked and therefore the security of the
coin balance compromised either by man-made intervention or the natural effect of a weak network.

For that reason we asked the scifi-ex to remove UFO Coin from exchange so as not to risk illegitimate
coins(if any) to be traded.

The UFO Coin Project is not dead. It was ill and is in cryonics mode now. A second takeover is about
to happen. Thankfully, with our team expansion, we are working its awakening soon to find it on a
new algo and many amazing things are waiting in store.

Do not worry about your coins! All pre-4/7 coins are going to be transferred to the new blockchain to
protect the legacy stakeholders. Expect a pre-announcement with more details soon and brace
yourselves for what might be an amazing journey!

The UFO Coin Team

I joined the pool yesterday (14th of April 2014). Does your statement suggest that my coins will be disappearing?

I'm happy to stick with UFO if there is some form of stability... Shields up and enhance hull integrity perhaps.

Craig
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:30:49 PM

captainproton,

Dont worry, youve lost nothing. Many of us will leave behind millions. The coin will be up and runnin soon, stronger than before, so check it out for updates.

captainproton

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 11:42:07 PM

captainproton,

Dont worry, youve lost nothing. Many of us will leave behind millions. The coin will be up and runnin soon, stronger than before, so check it out for updates.

Excellent! I will keep an eye and do what I can to help.

Will members of the pool be notified by E-mail so I can jump on the bandwagon early?
captainproton

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:25:01 AM

I've just set up a node at 123.243.231.197 (Australia)

I will leave it up for a few weeks and see how this coin goes, if it continues I'll leave it up full time.
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:47:12 AM

I've just set up a node at 123.243.231.197 (Australia)

I will leave it up for a few weeks and see how this coin goes, if it continues I'll leave it up full time.

Save the node for after the relaunch Smiley thanks alot. The cmine pool will be closing doors now, but reopen when everything is up and workin

captainproton

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:45:14 AM

Thanks, and I guess that explains why mining all day has achieved nothing. Miner says "Accepted" but balance never changes.

When the relaunch happens is there anything I need to change or upgrade, wallet, miner, etc? Excuse stupid questions, I'm new to this world but am enjoying mining the Unique Fiscal Object (UFO).

Craig
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 08:56:15 AM

Maybe it is also a good idea to create more awareness amongst miners about why to use P2Pool instead of 95% using MPOS central pools. No matter how hard operators try to do their best to setup their MPOS pool, it will always be vulnerable to attacks or attempts to hack due to the way MPOS is designed, miners mine to a central wallet so there is cash to be hacked potentially. P2Pool has none of these vulnerabilities, miners mine directly to their own wallet, not a single coin ever flows into the pool (node) owners wallet except for a possible fee that is setup for the pool. Furthermore P2Pool nodes communicate with all other nodes if setup properly, so a Peer-2-Peer network is created and hashingpower is added up from all nodes combined, also something that MPOS does not do, they are all little islands fighting for power. I have been mining UFO at http://dutchpool.org P2Pool which by the way is still available and I am sure it will be at relaunch of UFO  Grin If you want to read more about P2Pool please check this https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool.

daimyo

UFO

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:03:43 AM

Thanks, and I guess that explains why mining all day has achieved nothing. Miner says "Accepted" but balance never changes.

When the relaunch happens is there anything I need to change or upgrade, wallet, miner, etc? Excuse stupid questions, I'm new to this world but am enjoying mining the Unique Fiscal Object (UFO).

Craig

LOL Thats a good interpretation of UFO Cheesy

All information about wallets, miners etc, will be presented. Dont worry about that.

This time we are planning the relaunch more carefully.

We are picking the right algo right now and discussing various protection, promotion and sustainability features - in other words the image of the new UFO Coin.
When all that is clarified, we will make a pre-re-launch announcement with all the details

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: