Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UFO] ▲▲ UFO Coin [In Exchanges] Interplanetary Crypto Currency ▲▲  (Read 60769 times)
itos (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:24:50 AM

Guys, I think we have several really good idea. Don't be discouraged if you idea is not picked up by the community immediately. We're right now at a brainstorming phase. Everybody should throw any idea he has even if it's half baked out there. And I would like to ask everyone else to build on it and give other ideas, but please DO NOT evaluate or criticize the ideas because it goes against the rules of brainstorming sessions for a reason. It discourages people and stops them from giving more ideas or even worth it makes them give up on the project altogether. If you hate the idea think about what's good about it and how you can improve on it. If there is nothing to it for you at all give an idea that is actually good in your opinion.

I've built online communities around various subjects several times. Two of them are the largest sites in their subject in the world. It takes a long time, up to 6-18 month to get movement and there are lots of extremely discouraging bumps on the road. But we just have to keep to the goal and work on it no matter what happens. Those who persist in this game ultimately win.

Don't worry about real or perceived problems about UFO Coin. We will tackle them all, just won't happen right away.

Specifically I want to address one elephant in the room: the coin doesn't offer anything over other altcoins. Well, it's true, but even if we do nothing just stick to it we will have something important going for it. As the coin ages and more of it has been mined out and traded it will have more depths than other newer coins, which means it can store more value and you can move it easier if you have to as there are more people will be ready to buy it. Old coins will be more valuable than new coins a year from now just because they are old even if they do nothing else.

In a year there will be several wallets that combine multiple altcoins into one wallet so it's easy to handle. People who want to diversify their crypto investments will buy these by then old coins to protect against the potential issues that may plague a single coin brand. They will buy probably 30-50 coins at once on specialized exchanges and UFO will be one of them. In other words we don't have to stand out, we just have to remain alive to grow in value.

But we will come up with differentiation ideas. We will have great marketing. We will have cool services. etc. so we will grow above the average altcoin even if we won't be the next Doge. Just look at the energy and the amount of will behind the coin already. People get pissed off if stuff isn't getting done. This is a good thing. It means we care. If you just look back to the amount of work that was done in the last month it's amazing. Even if we do just half of that every month from now on we will be in great shape same time next year.

Sorry for the long post, I hope somebody reads all the way down. In short: just stick to the coin, keep mining, keep helping, keep talking about it wherever you can and keep giving ideas.

Wow this is really good advice and inspirational, maybe I will stick for a longer time helping the community here too. There is so much potential on this coin and have amazing profits from it, I think many big miners haven't realised that yet.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:25:09 AM

balance now 269892.81976514 UFOs

itos and me both think we are heading for mintpal first, that is way more easier than allcrypt

Sounds good. I donated too yesterday to the old account. And the guy behind the new pool donated 20% of all his mines too. Not sure to which address though.

nice done!
thanks a lot for for your support !
iraszl

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:51:40 AM

FYI, I just got a confirmation that UFO Coin will be in the new multiwallet app to be released within weeks. I will let you know when there is more public info available.
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:53:49 AM

... I will stick for a longer time helping the community here too. There is so much potential on this coin and have amazing profits from it, I think many big miners haven't realised that yet.

Thanks for that! We need you.
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:20:54 AM

Help me set-up a UFO Coin Faucet: http://ufocoin.co/forum/37
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:20:51 AM

Only 4 billion UFO Coins ever be mined: http://ufocoin.co/forum/38
CaptainHash

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:29:31 PM

I have just updated the pool software of ufo.cmine.de and changed the payout system from round based to PPLNS which is more fair with short rounds. I also tweaked the stratum settings for better mining performance, at least as long as the server is bored ;-).

I am new to UFO, discovered it just three days ago and think it's a very potent coin with a very bad launch. And I understand the importance of donations (which should be called investments) for the coin to survive. Visibility is everything, that's why we need more exchanges. More visible = more demand = higher prices. And this is why
ufo.cmine.de will donate all the UFO revenue it receives from fees and donations within the next seven days to the developers of UFO.
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:02:07 PM

I have just updated the pool software of ufo.cmine.de and changed the payout system from round based to PPLNS which is more fair with short rounds. I also tweaked the stratum settings for better mining performance, at least as long as the server is bored ;-).

I am new to UFO, discovered it just three days ago and think it's a very potent coin with a very bad launch. And I understand the importance of donations (which should be called investments) for the coin to survive. Visibility is everything, that's why we need more exchanges. More visible = more demand = higher prices. And this is why
ufo.cmine.de will donate all the UFO revenue it receives from fees and donations within the next seven days to the developers of UFO.
Much appreciated. I switching one of my computers to you.
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

iraszl, how is that communication issue doing?

itos here?

Not sure what you are referring to. Please explain!
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:40:53 PM

UFO coin was added to altcoins database.
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:46:07 PM

New Pool Added to Main Post

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 09:31:00 PM

UFOCoin -

Ultra
Fantacy
Observers
Coin Tongue

iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:14:32 PM

Thanks!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:12:30 AM

UFOCoin skyroctet with Area51 members ! Smiley
CaptainHash

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:58:35 AM

Thanks for your hashrate contribs  Grin,
the UFO galaxy needs more mining vessels, but with the low price it's not yet possible, we should munch up all those cheap coins ;-)
Was the diff always at it's current level or has it been higher after the launch?

PS: Just saw UFO is now ranked #10 at http://vardiff.com/coin/, on one level with doge, one point behind ltc Wink
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:07:11 AM

Thanks to MtGox, all coins collapsed to various extents. UFO is at all time low as well. This is of course bad news but at the current stage of the UFO Coin project the price is largely irrelevant in my opinion. (If you have some BTC at hand pick up as many UFOs as you can at these low prices. They may never be this low in the future again.)

Most importantly we need to keep mining and increasing the number of UFOs in circulation. We need to work on ideas on where to take UFO next.
miles2k

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:41:33 AM

Thanks to MtGox, all coins collapsed to various extents. UFO is at all time low as well. This is of course bad news but at the current stage of the UFO Coin project the price is largely irrelevant in my opinion. (If you have some BTC at hand pick up as many UFOs as you can at these low prices. They may never be this low in the future again.)

Most importantly we need to keep mining and increasing the number of UFOs in circulation. We need to work on ideas on where to take UFO next.

I hope it was the late developer dumping his premine.

ufo BzdABPs5E7NM21b6RjGaAWQzFvcSPfo9EJ
itos (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

MTgox should disappear it has done so many harm to bitcoin and if bitcoin gets harmed all alt coins suffer.
iraszl

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:10:44 AM

Just a heads up in case you see any downtime on http://ufocoin.co. We're moving it to a faster server.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:38:56 AM

MTgox should disappear it has done so many harm to bitcoin and if bitcoin gets harmed all alt coins suffer.

Yep. All cryptoworld is suffering because of "bad news"...
MtGox is one of them..
And I realy hope this will end up soon!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: