Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:13:41 AM

While I agree with you in the business world, in the eyes of the state that isn't how it works.  They need to follow their own statutes.  Really now that btc is defi ed as property actm shares are a deriviative of that property yet still property, but all that is irrlelvant .  The state only cares about the exchange of value as denominated in legal tender.  They don't distinct between btc and actm shares.  Trust me I know how they think.....I work for them.   It is a special way of thinking.....logical....yes,...but in an infantile sort of way.  But these laws are written by simpletons.   This is a classic example of what people talk abiut when they say "by the time the govt figures it out and regulates it, their laws won't apply since the speed of the technology moves so fast"  remember the state just needs to be legally sufficient as interpreted by their laws.....no more no less.

Thank you for your insightfulness,

I'm sure with your connections you would be able to provide me direct access with talking to someone who has authority and not a "trust me I know how they think" buckle on their belt.

They will be publishing the final order and you can read for yourself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:16:28 AM

While I agree with you in the business world, in the eyes of the state that isn't how it works.  They need to follow their own statutes.  Really now that btc is defi ed as property actm shares are a deriviative of that property yet still property, but all that is irrlelvant .  The state only cares about the exchange of value as denominated in legal tender.  They don't distinct between btc and actm shares.  Trust me I know how they think.....I work for them.   It is a special way of thinking.....logical....yes,...but in an infantile sort of way.  But these laws are written by simpletons.   This is a classic example of what people talk abiut when they say "by the time the govt figures it out and regulates it, their laws won't apply since the speed of the technology moves so fast"  remember the state just needs to be legally sufficient as interpreted by their laws.....no more no less.

I'm sure with your connections you would be able to provide me direct access with talking to someone who has authority and not a "trust me I know how they think" buckle on their belt.

I don't....I just know the mind set, and now that the state is involved, the rules of the game change.  This is what happenes when red tape and bureaucrats get in the way......I'm one of them I know.  I know your mad, but the law is the law,  lets get some cheap shares!!!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:17:30 AM

Anytime you involve the government you give up control of the situation. If you call the cops to your house, they then get to to control the outcome. You can't say but I don't agree with that. You called them. If you file a complaint with a security division they get to control the outcome.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:18:27 AM

What is the outlook for active for the test of the year?
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:19:26 AM

They will be publishing the final order and you can read for yourself.

Great, not very formal coming from a news article. Might be cheaper to sue if your correct!
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:31:21 AM

@arousedrhino:  What you are hearing from Ken is Ken's reading* of MSD ruling.  Knowing Ken, he's simply making stuff up.

*Try not to imagine him reading.

He might be reading it wrong, we'll find out when the MSD posts. My point is that its now the MSD's decision. We can't bitch all they want but whatever they agree to with Ken and post is what they have decided to do.
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:40:00 AM

Is Active Mining being shut down, or is there a court order for Active Mining to accept refund requests of which ever price the wheel of fortune lands on? If the former is not the case and Active Mining can continue operations with the remaining money, after the refundmegashitstorm, I'd be very intrigued to know the plans of the company, post apocalypse.

Another point:

From what I understand you need to be able to prove that you purchased shares from the IPOing entity. I'm extremely interested in how many people bought in the two IPO's and never touched their shares again. I saw lots of volume in the summer of 2013 as the price more than tripled off speculation. This leads me to believe that not many people will be able to actually claim their IPO purchases because of the massive exchanging of share ownership, thus the highest amount Ken would have to pay out for reimbursement is probably not near the upper limit. (Unless I am misunderstanding this.)

A funny scenario I find in my head...everybody wants money, therefore:

- Nobody requests reimbursement and active mining can try to battle against all the entities that I'm sure everyone knows.
- Mostly all shareholders want out and the company is suffocated both monetarily and with respect to time & energy as a result of the stampede of its own investors.

But I feel as though most shareholders will give up and either sell or do nothing, in light of the necessary time and effort required for a refund coupled with the increasing BTC price, and Active Mining's timeline drags on.

Regardless this is better than TV.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
Mutated btc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:41:18 AM

I sold a lot weeks ago... I'm out a lot.  Should I re purchase what I sold? For refund/accounting purposes?

The refund will only be for the current price you purchased at this time, not for your previous price.

answer me too ken please

update me on the rest of share verification, sended before deadline,

say not yet, if you didnt, for peace of my mind

Working on getting the shares verified and transferred today.

nice, i will check by tomorrow, unless you did it already?
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 02:48:26 AM

And got my shares to boot.    Thanks Ken.  Keep on truckin man.. Cool

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
kslaughter

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 02:57:40 AM

We will post a refund offer after it is approved by the MSD.
chairforce1

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:02:35 AM

Ken,

-Will the company continue?

-Why is the company in a good position?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:05:55 AM

Under the rules I should get:

40,000 * 0.0025 @ $100
= $10,000 + 8% interest =

$10,800.

I look forward to the proceedings.
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:09:09 AM

You guys are really selling like this!!!!   Thank you!!!

|
|
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:10:18 AM

Wow a 2,000,000 AMC buy order.

Whoa.
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:11:50 AM

thanx

|
|
chairforce1

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:13:30 AM

thanx

Is that you who kept trying to get above my bids? Always 0.00000001 higher...lol

-Epicuru$
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:17:28 AM

Yes.  Don't laugh.  I got some fool to break their redic .00006 wall when the news broke. I just bought 100 of their 100000 shares and the .0006 and .0005 folded like a house of cards.  lol

|
|
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:29:56 AM

Ken,

Can you give some information about the future prospects of the business so investors can decide to keep their shares or have them reimbursed.

Assuming all investors shares are reimbursed for those who choose so, what then for the rest of the company?

What are your plans?

What are the prospects?

LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:53:45 AM

Ken,

Let's be clear about a few things, it is obvious that the State of Missouri is not well educated on what Bitcoin is.

Tomorrow, I will be calling the MSD and will do my best to explain to them that you, Ken, have tried to fly under the radar and have not been honest with share holders, nor with the Bitcoin community at large.

You promised a discounted HashFast miner to anyone who invested over 100K shares. You promised a return of .025 bitcoin per share. You did not even have the respect for us to tell us about the arrangement the MSD made with you. Someone had to post a link to this bit of news in the IRC channel and on here.

Our money back is not the USD value of what the shares would be now. It is what the value would be in Bitcoin. One way or another, you, Ken will have to get honest with us.

You have not been honest. You bamboozled your investors, the people who believed in you and
 you have somehow bamboozled the State of Missouri. There are more options than just the two of keeping the shares or getting a paltry 5 cents a share.  

Lorenzo Money

Quote from the Secretary of State of Missouri:
“The fact that somebody is selling investments through Bitcoin rather than traditional currency doesn’t change their obligations to investors, and I encourage Missourians to call my office before making any Bitcoin investments,” Kander said. “Investors have a right to know the full set of facts about both an investment and its backer, including the risks, profit-generating strategy and pertinent financial history.”

This is what they came up with, it is what the law in Missouri states, you get your money back plus 8%/year interest.  So, if you don't want their deal keep your shares, your choice.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
jasonring

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:05:18 AM

Then how about the refund of VMC? I have ordered a Platinum 1.5TH in Nov 2013, and requested refund in January. I have been waiting for it for months.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: