Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:09:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:47:34 PM

Calm down.  I'm expressing an opinion.  It is not invalid because you don't share it.  it is my own and 100% honestly how I feel.  If you can believe that I am getting paid, God only knows what other shite you are capable of believing in.

I strongly believe if we were to make a poll a good 90% of responders would feel that you are either

A) intentionally writing rosy, misleading BS
B) payed by Ken in some way
C) just plain old crazy with ridiculous expectations in the face of utter failures.

Latest example in how you make grand statements with absolutely zero evidence and contrary to recent postings:

In terms of shareholders asking for refunds there's a lot of chat but in reality it will have an absolute minimal affect on ActM.  There will be hardly any shareholders who ask for refunds and those that do will be paid, in fiat, for a pittance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:15:10 PM

We all knew this day would come.  I'm actually glad it's here because once the dust settles we can move on with the company and continue without the MSD cloud hanging over us.  It's the same old pattern with ActM.  Suddenly we get what should be the coup de grace, we go down but don't stay down. I fact we seem to rise from the ashes a little bit stronger from the ordeal.  ActM is a remarkably resilient beast and it's my view that we'll weather this storm as we've weathered all the others that have come before.  

In terms of shareholders asking for refunds there's a lot of chat but in reality it will have an absolute minimal affect on ActM.  There will be hardly any shareholders who ask for refunds and those that do will be paid, in fiat, for a pittance.

As usual there's a whole load of melodrama, exaggeration, people talking rubbish and pulling numbers out their arses, the usual shit stirrers and trolls resurfacing and the obligatory shareholder or two who finally crack and cross to the dark side.

This time next month the share price might not reach 0.003 thanks to Bitcoin traitors but those of us who are holding for as long as it takes, we will have our day in the sun.

Cheer up you lot, it might never happen!  Smiley

Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing in the works other than HashFast for Ken at this moment regardless of what he may lead you to believe.

• He failed with eASIC and then cancelled it
  • He sat for MONTHS with no plan still saying that we were working on our own chip
  • He "found" People's ASIC (read I told People's ASIC about a company that may be interested in buying their IP)
  • He cancelled funding that chip and the 28nm design based on their 55nm IP, AGAIN saying that we were still working on it.
  • He then struck a deal with one of the worst ASIC companies that have existed in regards to customers and litigation (HashFast) to buy their chips.
  • They provided him with THEIR fab to make all of the boards, Ken couldn't mess this up even if he tried.
  • I then connected him with the key players that are pushing for HashFast's bankruptcy so that he could make boards for all of them.
  • Then the MSD comes in and with what's being said, this company will have no funds to produce anywhere near the boards it would need to if any at all.

Was fun watching this though. Game over.
bitlind

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:23:42 PM

^You were so optimistic after your visit...

I believe his visit came between the eAsic cancellation and Ken sitting on his rump for months
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:26:12 PM

We all knew this day would come.  I'm actually glad it's here because once the dust settles we can move on with the company and continue without the MSD cloud hanging over us.  It's the same old pattern with ActM.  Suddenly we get what should be the coup de grace, we go down but don't stay down. I fact we seem to rise from the ashes a little bit stronger from the ordeal.  ActM is a remarkably resilient beast and it's my view that we'll weather this storm as we've weathered all the others that have come before.  

As usual there's a whole load of melodrama, exaggeration, people talking rubbish and pulling numbers out their arses, the usual shit stirrers and trolls resurfacing and the obligatory shareholder or two who finally crack and cross to the dark side.

This time next month the share price might not reach 0.003 thanks to Bitcoin traitors but those of us who are holding for as long as it takes, we will have our day in the sun.

Unfortunately there's absolutely nothing in the works other than HashFast for Ken at this moment regardless of what he may lead you to believe.

• He sat for MONTHS with no plan still saying that we were working on our own chip
  • He "found" People's ASIC (read I told People's ASIC about a company that may be interested in buying their IP)
  • He cancelled funding that chip and the 28nm design based on their 55nm IP, AGAIN saying that we were still working on it.
  • He then struck a deal with one of the worst ASIC companies that have existed in regards to customers and litigation (HashFast) to buy their chips.
  • They provided him with THEIR fab to make all of the boards, Ken couldn't mess this up even if he tried.
  • I then connected him with the key players that are pushing for HashFast's bankruptcy so that he could make boards for all of them.
  • Then the MSD comes in and with what's being said, this company will have no funds to produce anywhere near the boards it would need to if any at all.

why would any sane bankruptcy judge award anything to ken slaughter? the man is a fraud and has been proven publicly to be incompetent .

so actm does not even have the hashfast deal on the table AFAIK
(good luck waiting to hear that from kenny though)
hobbymd

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:26:59 PM

Well it leaves one thing for sure after 1 year, and that is ken was incompetent for this show from the getgo, I wonder now if anyone knows any information in regard to Ken's education background. Did we give money to a person who has no knowledge in regards with designing chips etc or was he just incompetent? Roll Eyes one would wonder.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:33:51 PM

Remember, there's precedent for authorities to require settlement in Bitcoin rather than USD.

See Coinlab lawsuit.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/07/judge-orders-coinlab-to-pay-up-in-bitcoin/

The MSD should be made aware of the issues involved with settlement in USD vs BTC immediately.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:38:40 PM

Remember, there's precedent for authorities to require settlement in Bitcoin rather than USD.

See Coinlab lawsuit.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/07/judge-orders-coinlab-to-pay-up-in-bitcoin/

The MSD should be made aware of the issues involved with settlement in USD vs BTC immediately.

+1 I like this.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:46:32 PM

I'm on the MSD website right now, which department should I send this link to? I think many parties sending this linked info would be best.
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:47:48 PM

Seriously dude, ARE you Ken or some relative?

Prepare to enter a world of stress
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

And BTW, do you really believe the AC issues are causing the delay in hash rate increase at the mining farm?

Of course not: Some miners are probably retargeted to mine at his private account. How would anyone know right?

Prepare to enter a world of stress
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:13:53 PM

Are you sure about that? Its not that people invested fiat into ken, they invested bitcoins. So in case they would have given him gold instead of bitcoins he would need to give back gold i guess.

The Government doesn't recognize gold as a currency, you would have to refund people in cash.  For instance, in court cases that involve broken engagements, a court cannot force one party to return an engagement ring.  Instead the court fines that person in cash.  The courts deal with cash.  Property sometimes, but that is usually auctioned off for cash.  At no point does the court say, "You gave him a 1978 Jeep.  You need to return him a 1978 Jeep."   Never happens.  The refund will have to be in cash.

Yes, the US doesnt recognize them as a currency... yet. But wouldnt that mean Bitcoins are a thing that you gave him? I give you a painting of picasso and you give me 100 shares. He breaks his part of the contract so in theory the contract is invalid. Things have to be given back. I guess that would mean the painting has to be given back. If he sold it in the meanwhile he would have to make up for the value of the painting. Though i wonder if the current value or the value of the exchange time would matter.

But thats only how i think it would work. If Bitcoins are no currency then they are a thing. And the thing has to be returned or the value of the things has to be paid.

Anyway... its most probably totally useless anyway to think about what might happen in a nice situation. This is no nice situation and ken hasnt nearly enough to hold its last promise in any way. He might surprise us but since he wasnt able to surprise positively in the last months... he most probably cant surprise now too.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:14:14 PM

I believe his visit came between the eAsic cancellation and Ken sitting on his rump for months

During my visit I wasn't sure where ActiveMining was. I believe it came right after he announced on here that his design "Failed" and eASIC was cancelled or something.

My optimism came from personally knowing People's ASIC and seeing the design personally prior to Ken "purchasing" it from them. The design worked and would have been easily ported over to 28nm if it was funded.
You may have noticed right around the day he said he cancelled the 55nm and then lied about doing the 28nm (This was never in motion, well maybe it was "thought" about which I guess Ken would consider in motion), I stopped coming on here. Even when I did my hardware review it was strictly technical and answering how long it took to receive mine.

Actually I was even more upset that he sent mine quick and then everyone else had a larger delay. Made it look like I had control of how fast or slow mine was sent. All orders should have been sent as quickly as mine was.
Then it just became issue after issue with customers orders.

Some people just like to see the world burn it seems.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:27:02 PM

wow, it's amazing and utterly disheartening to see the truth unfolding…

shoulda, coulda, woulda, went with my gut the first time I read a negative commentary about Kenneth Slaughter.

Well Ken, your rep is thoroughly going down a deep hole.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:41:57 PM

Ken sat on out money for months when he should have returned what was left to shareholders.

Ken is a scammer.

Because it's now 100% confirmed he is a scammer. We might have the authority to go after his assets. Now we must determine the value of his other business. His home. His bank accounts.

What's the best course of action to take him down? Class action?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:51:25 PM

Ken sat on out money for months when he should have returned what was left to shareholders.

Ken is a scammer.

Because it's now 100% confirmed he is a scammer. We might have the authority to go after his assets. Now we must determine the value of his other business. His home. His bank accounts.

What's the best course of action to take him down? Class action?

i am at a loss here too DTS. I suggest you re-open the "Activemining - only important info" thread and gather the facts we need to make decision on best course of action. I need to go sleep for a bit. my head hurts from this bullshit.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:05:10 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2014, 12:21:30 AM by Bargraphics

Bargraphics its a bit of a shame you didn't voice your concerns sooner, people on here aren't psychic. With you not coming on here I just thought you'd had enough of the bickering, I never thought it meant you had concerns.

I always thought with your own IRC channel and contacts with Ken and peoples asic you had insider knowledge about how things were moving along and thought your silence meant everything was OK.

Your tag line seems appropriate, but I do understand there is only one man to blame here.

I've voiced my concerns in the IRC channel, you were free to join there.

I never had "insider knowledge" everything I posted was already either posted here or on the IRC channel (probably multiple times). Seeing it all at once, in one single post, might have put it in perspective.

I actually haven't physically spoken to Ken since that day I left Missouri.

I did have enough of the bickering on here, Ken made his choice to cancel the only thing that could save this company (a working ASIC)
No one could trade shares so selling them was out of the question. By the time "selling" came around, it's on some shady ass hong kong securities site.
At this point he's also proven he can make a working board at least using hashfast chips so I figured let's see how far this could go.

As I've said before, the MSD announcing this is the last straw for this company. It takes money to make boards and there won't be any by the time Ken needs to produce these boards for people like Entropy-uc who are filing bankruptcy claims on HashFast and will likely receive nothing or chips at best.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:11:16 AM

wow, it's amazing and utterly disheartening to see the truth unfolding…

shoulda, coulda, woulda, went with my gut the first time I read a negative commentary about Kenneth Slaughter.

Well Ken, your rep is thoroughly going down a deep hole.

The giveaway on this was noticing all his past company's have failed
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:33:03 AM

look at the price ,we got five  zero!!! somebody can buy all with 100BTC .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:00:29 AM

Ken,

Do you have any sense of shame?

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
Mutated btc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:03:54 AM

Ken,

-Will the company continue?

-Why is the company in a good position?

Yes, this is just a bump in the road.

is dividend on the way?

you said those who tendered to actm during bitfunder closure notice, will get the dividends when listed somewhere else, those who didn't tender will lose out on dividend.
i remember this Smiley

so pay dividend, and then list those remaining shares?
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: