Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:20:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629698 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:13:00 AM

It has to be on their radar.  Maybe at that time they didn't know anything about Bitcoin and weren't paying attention to these issues.  But recently the SEC and now the MSD have been more aware and have been fining and shutting down operations such as this.  Like anything, it has to be brought to their attention.  Undoubtedly someone complained to the MSD which started the investigation.  

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:15:15 AM

These laws only apply to the United States.  It's perfectly legal for a REAL Belize company to sell shares of unregistered securities on Crypto Trade.

Incorrect according to these people:

http://d209886.u27.hsphere.clientsource.com/faq-stocks.php

Foreign corporations that sell securities in the United States must register those securities with the SEC. They are generally subject to the same rules and regulations that apply to securities of U.S. companies

Right... But it's perfectly legal for a Belize corporation (A real one) to sell on Crypto Trade to people not living in the United States.  As far as I understand it, Crypto Trade is not in the United States.  Wasn't it in Canada and then moved to Panama?  Who can keep track of all these operations and where they are supposedly based?  I know I can't.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:40:46 AM

Ct is in hong kong....I can't wait to see what the govt does when colored coins come to light lol.   There going to all loom like lil John.   What what what. Ok

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:49:27 AM

So I take it no update tonight?

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:17:57 AM

arousedrhino,

You asked me where do I think the money will come from to pay us back.

The answer is that I do not care. I do not care if Ken's lawyer gives him a loan, or if Ken has to sell his house, or if the judge forces Ken to pay a part of his future salary to pay us. Where the money will come from is Ken's problem.  He has 19K bitcoin somewhere.  He has hardware and savings and property. Maybe the judge will put a lien on all his possessions and he will have to declare bankrupcty. Maybe  It is Ken's problem to find the money to pay back all the people he ripped off.  Maybe all of Ken's houses and his car, and his furniture will go into some sort of receivership and will be auctioned off and we will get the proceeds from that.  That is the problem of Ken and his lawyers.

Ken is NOT your friend. He is not my friend. Friends do not lie and steal from each other.

What I care about is that Ken gets punished for lying to us all for so long and what I care about is that I am compensated for the damages caused by Ken's lying.

Here is a link to a copy of the Missouri Secretary of State Cease and Desist order which was sent to Ken Slaughter.

http://freepdfhosting.com/0d53fc3f43.pdf

The amount of restitution, and the formula which will be used to determine the restitution has not yet been determined.

It is pointless to argue whether or not government or lawyer involvement is a good thing or a bad thing. It already happened.

We all should read the cease and easiest order.

Several important points should be clear. The first is, the method and formula for restitution and fines has not yet been determined. And the second is, that the Office of the Secretary of State of Missouri might be influenced by good arguments from the community of share holders on how to determine restitution.

I am of the opinion that restitution should be made in Bitcoin, not in US currency, and that it should be at the rate of .0025 Bitcoin per share, to be paid either in bit coin directly, or at the exchange rate of the time of the cease and desist order, which is about $540 per Bitcoin.  

Contact information for the Secretary of State of the Missouri is available and from what I understand, they are receptive to data which could help in determine restitution.

Where will that money come from Lorenzo?Huh

Its one thing to have everything liquidated and distributed to shareholders evenly. Its another to make an impossible demand. There is no way he can refund .0025 BTC per share. The money was spent, not wisely but spent nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:27:52 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 03:41:25 AM by bigdude

What I don't understand is that some people here somehow think AMC will continue to run and exist.

At present, the Missouri state is focusing on the shares being sold illegally. And thus allowing investors to be refunded.

Once that is complete, why would they allow AMC to just keep running?

How could one create a business, sell securities illegally, refund some back, and continue running. That is an awesome get out of jail card and I can not imagine the state or SEC would allow it.

If this is just a bump in the road, the next bump will be coming soon that will be a complete road closure.

VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 08:21:19 AM

If you look at the workers on http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1DJpsvnM7xTnQbWEhLYyCyfxQyxwupEzCa

Notice there is a "Rev2at737mhz" worker - basically it looks like Ken has been running boards at stock speed (400gh/s) rather than 510+gh/s - eh? do you even mine bro?

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:51:21 PM

What is happening is not a "bump in the road".

For over a year, there has been a pattern that has repeated. That pattern involves a lack of news, being told to wait for the upcoming big announcement.  Then the anouncement that comes is a grand disappointment.

We may never know if Ken, at the start was sincere and believed he could do what he said he wanted to do.
All we know is that despite his claims to have 30 years in business, he has not really ever been successful with any of his businesses, and that he has had a pattern of failures and bad decisions in regard to Active Mining/VMC.  He also has had complaint in regard to a cable/data company he ran previous to VMC.

Given Ken's track record with ActM/VMC, there is absolutely no reason evidence to show that this company has any possibility of being successful. In fact, the evidence suggests that whatever Ken's original motivations and intentions, it is now being run like a classic confidence scam.

Ken has indicated to me in PM, that he believes that the amount that will be paid in settlement to shareholders has already been agreed upon and established with finality.  That is a lie.

I contacted Jason Kander's office at 1-800-721-7996 and was told that it has not yet been determined what and how much and according to what formula will be paid to shareholders.

The impression that I have gotten from Ken and from his lawyer's press release (link below) is that Ken feels he should only pay the original investors, and then only the dollar amount of the value of the shares  at the time of the first IPO, plus 8% interest.  That would leave anyone who bought shares from any of the exchanges after out in the cold. My contention is that Jason Kander's office does not understand bitcoin, and we need to contact him and share our opinions and experience with him and his office and his investigators.

Further, I am sure Ken will set up some high bar to prove that you bought at first IPO.

My opinion is that ActM will not survive this little bump. Ken will try to hide any and all assets from ActM. Ken is not an honest man and anyone here who still has faith in him and trusts him is foolish. We each should contact Jason Kander's office and politely share what information we have. We should also suggest that we want payment in Bit, or at the value of bitcoin at the time of the cease and desist order and not the value of bitcoin at the time of the first IPO.

Kander's office has heard from Ken's lawyer but has not heard from many of us.

My further opinion is that all assets from ActM should be assessed and once a value place on them all, and a punitive fine added to that, and then that number should be divided by the total number of shares not owned by Ken or any member of the Slaughter clan.  And, the payment should be made based upon that calculation.

ActM should not be allowed to continue under Ken's control. Ken should be put into a situation where he is unable to start shady businesses ever again.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/media/lib/184/0/b/d/0bdcdfe7-623f-4653-be2a-7ba629d8ee70/Slaughter_Press_Release_6_3_2014.pdf

Please call Kander's office  1-800-721-7996. Tell whomever answers that you are a sharehold in Active Mining and would like to speak to the financial investigator.

For those of you who believe that somehow, talking to the Secretary of State of Missouri has ruined your chance of being a millionaire, you are foolish. Ken by his own mismanagment, intentional or due to incompetence, brought this upon himself. If we do not educate Kander's office on the situation, Ken's lawyer will be the major source of info regarding Bitcoin and we will lose out.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:33:04 PM

What about people who didn't buy at ipo?
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:52:35 PM

I'm not emailing shit. I would rather lose all my BTC (wait.. I have) than cosy up with the Government. Never mind the US government - fuck them guys.
I might write a strong worded letter to Alex Salmond.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:54:54 PM

Has Ken Slaughter effectively become our adversary?
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:01:25 PM

I'm not emailing shit. I would rather lose all my BTC (wait.. I have) than cosy up with the Government. Never mind the US government - fuck them guys.

You don't need to cozy up with anyone. All you need to do is instruct them on how much you want reimbursed and what you think is fair. If you need to give your details to them so what Jimmy, they can find out who you are in about 25 seconds if they wanted to.

Im not going to get anything. And i bet they couldn't find me!
finlof

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:15:38 PM

You don't need to cozy up with anyone. All you need to do is instruct them on how much you want reimbursed and what you think is fair. If you need to give your details to them so what Jimmy, they can find out who you are in about 25 seconds if they wanted to.

Im not going to get anything. And i bet they couldn't find me!
but Ken they already found you...
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:34:35 PM

...Alex Salmond.
He is going to need his own crypto-currency soon!
noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:40:33 PM

...Alex Salmond.
He is going to need his own crypto-currency soon!

http://scotcoin.org/

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:50:12 PM

For over a year, there has been a pattern that has repeated. That pattern involves a lack of news, being told to wait for the upcoming big announcement.  Then the anouncement that comes is a grand disappointment.

We may never know if Ken, at the start was sincere and believed he could do what he said he wanted to do.
All we know is that despite his claims to have 30 years in business, he has not really ever been successful with any of his businesses, and that he has had a pattern of failures and bad decisions in regard to Active Mining/VMC.  He also has had complaint in regard to a cable/data company he ran previous to VMC.

Given Ken's track record with ActM/VMC, there is absolutely no reason evidence to show that this company has any possibility of being successful. In fact, the evidence suggests that whatever Ken's original motivations and intentions, it is now being run like a classic confidence scam.

Ken has indicated to me in PM, that he believes that the amount that will be paid in settlement to shareholders has already been agreed upon and established with finality.  That is a lie.

I contacted Jason Kander's office at 1-800-721-7996 and was told that it has not yet been determined what and how much and according to what formula will be paid to shareholders.

The impression that I have gotten from Ken and from his lawyer's press release (link below) is that Ken feels he should only pay the original investors, and then only the dollar amount of the value of the shares  at the time of the first IPO, plus 8% interest.  That would leave anyone who bought shares from any of the exchanges after out in the cold. My contention is that Jason Kander's office does not understand bitcoin, and we need to contact him and share our opinions and experience with him and his office and his investigators.

Further, I am sure Ken will set up some high bar to prove that you bought at first IPO.

My opinion is that ActM will not survive this little bump. Ken will try to hide any and all assets from ActM. Ken is not an honest man and anyone here who still has faith in him and trusts him is foolish. We each should contact Jason Kander's office and politely share what information we have. We should also suggest that we want payment in Bit, or at the value of bitcoin at the time of the cease and desist order and not the value of bitcoin at the time of the first IPO.

My further opinion is that all assets from ActM should be assessed and once a value place on them all, and a punitive fine added to that, and then that number should be divided by the total number of shares not owned by Ken or any member of the Slaughter clan.  And, the payment should be made based upon that calculation.

ActM should not be allowed to continue under Ken's control. Ken should be put into a situation where he is unable to start shady businesses ever again.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/media/lib/184/0/b/d/0bdcdfe7-623f-4653-be2a-7ba629d8ee70/Slaughter_Press_Release_6_3_2014.pdf

Please call Kander's office  1-800-721-7996. Tell whomever answers that you are a sharehold in Active Mining and would like to speak to the financial investigator.

For those of you who believe that somehow, talking to the Secretary of State of Missouri has ruined your chance of being a millionaire, you are foolish. Ken by his own mismanagment, intentional or due to incompetence, brought this upon himself. If we do not educate Kander's office on the situation, Ken's lawyer will be the major source of info regarding Bitcoin and we will lose out.

From the Press Release:

"Mr Sheppard added, "Bitcoin have recently received substantial credibilty when DirecTV agreed to accept Bitcoins as payment."

Uhh, wasn't it DISH?
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

From the Press Release:

"Mr Sheppard added, "Bitcoin have recently received substantial credibilty when DirecTV agreed to accept Bitcoins as payment."

Uhh, wasn't it DISH?

Yeah, but who cares right? Wink

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Jasun7211

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:53:25 PM

Lol and The Sec of State said the IPO was on Bitfunder.lol

|
|
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:00:08 PM

Wether you bought at IPO or not doesn't matter.  A share is a share and most people bought the shares with the basic understanding that we would be paid back the initial .0025 btc per share.

I know I did at least.
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:22:58 PM

http://www.sos.mo.gov/news.asp?id=1395

So most of the press release is a copy and paste job. In this one they directly tell you within there investigation there was a misuse of the money raised. They looked at the Woman's bank account and noticed irregularities. This kind of thing was not mentioned in the press release relating to ACTM.

Ken is being fined for securities violations - we get that, we all knew the risks. Even if they were not underlined by Ken.
There has been nothing that indicated Ken is actively scamming us, merely a man trying his hardest with a start up in a tough industry.
Bad communication but currently mining and boards in stock.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: