Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629685 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:06:23 PM

There's no HashFast deal

HashFast is filing for chapter 11

All creditors will probably receive bare chips(Ken is not a creditor and if somehow he is, he's at the ass end of that list)

Creditors need boards made and I recommended to a few major ones that Ken and MrTeal could make boards. After this MSD release I have personally went to them and recanted my suggestion to use Ken. They may still use him though, who knows. Not that it matters because he won't have funds to produce anything after the Shareholder refunds.

Dick move.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:12:26 PM

We knew all about the MSD ages ago. Yet some people are throwing their toys out the pram when its announced.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:14:30 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 12:07:25 PM by Bargraphics

@Bargraphics:  How's your Terrahash lawsuit going?  Maybe if Ken and those kids join forces...

It's public, $114k awarded
Prism

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

There's no HashFast deal

All creditors will probably receive bare chips(Ken is not a creditor and if somehow he is, he's at the ass end of that list)

Creditors need boards made and I recommended to a few major ones that Ken and MrTeal could make boards. After this MSD release I have personally went to them and recanted my suggestion to use Ken. They may still use him though, who knows. Not that it matters because he won't have funds to produce anything after the Shareholder refunds.

Dick move.

No surprise there!
I don't know why so many people trust him?

Obviously on this forum the more miners you have, the more you're trusted!
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

There's no HashFast deal

I do.   Cool

Zum, you know nothing. If you did you would buy several millions shares with a small bank loan and walk away with 1,000 bitcoin next week.

You're a liar!
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:21:29 PM

There's no HashFast deal

I do.   Cool

Zum, you know nothing. If you did you would buy several millions shares with a small bank loan and walk away with 1,000 bitcoin next week.

You're a liar!

Don't get so flustered dear.  My finances are non of your business.  How about YOU give me a loan and I'll buy those shares?

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:23:25 PM

There's no HashFast deal

Dick move.

No surprise there!

Sounds like you are upset I didn't lie about Ken's issues to people that want to use him. Odd.

Seems to me the same few people are still praying for miracles while the majority of the largest shareholders are saying that this is over. It's not that non large shareholders opinions are invalid, it's just that when the MSD refund comes around you will simply be bag holders after the majority of the shares are asked to be refunded and ActiveMining has no money left
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:23:33 PM

Anyways, BG never mentioned the load of crock that Intellihash was on the forum IIRC.

First that was my opinion on it, sorry I didn't make it vocal on here for the trolls since I only put out facts when I came back from my trip on the forum. If you wanted to know my opinion on it you should have been in IRC when I stated multiple times to the main shareholders that I didn't know what it could possibly be and I thought it was a gimmick.

Ultimately I don't give two shits about anyone individually on this plague filled forum. As a whole, ActiveMining "Investors" need to bail in whatever way you can from this company. You can blame myself, Micky Mouse, MSD, or whoever/whatever you want for all I care.

Reality of the situation doesn't change. Game over.

I'm not calling you a shill for Ken or anything. I hold you accountable for 0% of my actions. I was just stating so others knew that you didn't actually say Intellihash was crap.
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:27:57 PM

There's no HashFast deal

Dick move.

No surprise there!

Sounds like you are upset I didn't lie about Ken's issues to people that want to use him. Odd.

Seems to me the same few people are still praying for miracles while the majority of the largest shareholders are saying that this is over. It's not that non large shareholders opinions are invalid, it's just that when the MSD refund comes around you will simply be bag holders after the majority of the shares are asked to be refunded and ActiveMining has no money left

Come on lets be real.

How many people are eligible and still hold shares from IPO.
How many are going to take the offer?
$0.05 a share.

Ok lets say 2,000,000 shares (if your lucky) - Thats $100,000

Fuck sake man you would think the sky was falling.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 07:36:12 PM

There's no HashFast deal

Dick move.

No surprise there!

I hope you didn't use this thread as a way of determining what the majority of the largest shareholders opinions are.  Please tell me you can support what you are saying with evidence.

If you really must read the tea leaves, allow me to do the same;  less than 2% of shareholders will contact the MSD and give them their details when they realise that the refunds will be for such a low amount.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
JimmyJazz

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:38:04 PM

$0.05 a share.

A nickel a share is awesome compared to CT market price.  You'd have to be insane not to jump at the chance.

Well most of the ipo people are probably out.

Also I will hold and hope for the best. Don't want to be sending all my info to some suit in US.
Bargraphics

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:42:49 PM

Come on lets be real.

$0.05 a share.

Yes let's get real, all shares will be eligible for a refund

I hope you didn't use this thread as a way of determining what the majority of the largest shareholders opinions are.

I use IRC and personally talking to larger shareholders. Anyways enjoy your party, didn't mean to break up the fun
toastee

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

to the moon, etc.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:43:35 PM

Well most of the ipo people are probably out.

Also I will hold and hope for the best. Don't want to be sending all my info to some suit in US.

Hahahaha nope.

[16:41] <gecko_x2> stfu bitch
[16:41] <gecko_x2> i know more about the us SEC and the illuminati than you could ever dream of
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

Im really baffled by some of you that are still very optimistic about ACTM and its future.

The writing is on the wall with permanent ink!
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:30:32 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 10:11:38 PM by st4nl3y

Anyways, BG never mentioned the load of crock that Intellihash was on the forum IIRC.

First that was my opinion on it, sorry I didn't make it vocal on here for the trolls since I only put out facts when I came back from my trip on the forum. If you wanted to know my opinion on it you should have been in IRC when I stated multiple times to the main shareholders that I didn't know what it could possibly be and I thought it was a gimmick.

Ultimately I don't give two shits about anyone individually on this plague filled forum. As a whole, ActiveMining "Investors" need to bail in whatever way you can from this company. You can blame myself, Micky Mouse, MSD, or whoever/whatever you want for all I care.

Reality of the situation doesn't change. Game over.

I'm not calling you a shill for Ken or anything. I hold you accountable for 0% of my actions. I was just stating so others knew that you didn't actually say Intellihash was crap.

he did actually mentioned that intellibash was a gimmick in his opinion, in one of december 2013 posts.
i don't blame anyone but myself for investing in this shitpile but i lost like 2 years good salary worth of btc in this and he's funny parts with ken are not really funny to me sorry
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:42:30 PM

Not that it matters because he won't have funds to produce anything after the Shareholder refunds.

Nevermind that, who would pay money to Ken Slaughter for a board or send him their chip for him to fit to a board?!

No-one that's who. There would be no customers willing to take the risk.  Everyone would go with Pepper Mining or anyone else but ACTM.

This company has the reputation of a sewer pipe because it has NEVER ever delivered on ANY of it's promises. It owes Millions of dollars and it's being sued by it's shareholders and ruled against by the MSD. The CEO lies about refunds for MONTHS and takes 4WEEKS to deliver in stock cards!

Bargraphics did the right thing - Ken should NEVER be trusted with other peoples money ever again.

ACTM's Top Ten accomplishments:

Datacentre - half what is should be and static
28nm cancelled
45nm cancelled
shares - 4 month wait with 90% loss
divs - won't fucking get them
website - fucking joke
cards - couldn't sell them
legal news - we get it via the PRESS
Customer refunds - send out unsigned checks, problem solved
Financial Reports - Ken says go fuck yourself.

Did I miss anything?

That pretty much sums it up. Smiley

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:47:37 PM

This is getting out of hand.  Just because people say it's over doesn't make them the authority.  I respect Bargraphics and and what he has to say, but he is wrong about saying the company is finished.  If this MSD issue hadn't come to light when it did, we would all be waiting patiently for news of a major breakthrough. At least the more level headed of us would. Any talk of Ken going into hiding is pure fantasy and what is far closer to the actual truth is that he's keeping his cards close to his chest which is what he does.  Two things have happened recently, the HF deal and the MSD announcement.  Ken silence is due to the HF deal and the doom & gloom brigade think it's because of the MSD announcement.  Sit back and wait for news, it will come soon enough and when it does there will be panic buying given the current prices.  I would be buying right now if I had the cash.   Smiley

Since someone deleted my request I'll ask again. According to your earlier post this would be the next breakthrough. Please list ONE of the previous breakthroughs and also give one plausible idea for what the next breakthrough could be.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:23:33 AM

The only reason the MSD is involved is because of US the investors. He may be incompetent but we invested in a super risky area using an unregulated currency and then when things went badly think the government will help. The whole point of BTC is to not involve the government in it, its unregulated. You knew the risks stop whining that the company is going bankrupt. The investors are just speeding up the process by involving the MSD.

All investments have risk. This was a super risky one and as such its failure should be no surprise.

Theres no chance to get back anything worthwhile from ken i believe. So involving the government only would be useful to punish a possible scammer. Not for making everything good again.

But i dont think that Bitcoin should stay fully out of the law. Thats too extreme because it would mean that every scam could happen and started without risks. That would mean bringing Bitcoins down pretty fast.

I think contracts are contracts to be followed. If only one side is filled then the other side has to live with the results for breaching the contract.

The biggest problem is the great amount of noobs and persons that start a business without having experience in business decisions. Together with the lack of infos, that prevent making your own overview, its a very risky thing from the start.

Lets hope Bitcoin gets some more professional entrepreneurs that actually can do what they plan. That way Bitcoin could finally get out of the negative press.

You have a good point, there is a place for government in enforcing contracts but at the same time think about how many startups fail all the time in Silicon Valley, they lie and string their investors along all the time too. They even brag about it and the government does nothing. Maybe we should have insisted on personal contracts with Ken before investing with a plan for the company failure if it occurred. People were too optimistic when reading the prospectus and we never gave the shareholders an out in the prospectus that Ken would have had to adhere to.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/no-exit/
Chris convened their meeting by saying, “We have 10 companies waiting to work with us, and we’re about to close a round of funding.” These statements weren’t strictly true, but one couldn’t hire engineers without projecting a sunlit-uplands future. As Chris had put it to me, “Lying your way along puts you in a bad place. But you do have to balance transparency with optimism.”

This sounds a lot like some of Ken's false claims.

I just think that if you are using Bitcoins the first move when things might not look good should not be to seek out government assistance to save your cash. You should work with the person you invested with to make the situation better. Ken really did bring this upon himself since many people here are novice investors and likely committed too much capital to this enterprise and when shares were not tradable for > 5 months I can understand getting the MSD involved but it really feels like shooting yourself in the foot to recover a minimal amount of your investment back by killing any chance the company could succeed. It wasn't big but it still existed. Now that has even been lessened to be an almost non existent chance.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:56:13 AM

This is getting out of hand.  Just because people say it's over doesn't make them the authority.  I respect Bargraphics and and what he has to say, but he is wrong about saying the company is finished.  If this MSD issue hadn't come to light when it did, we would all be waiting patiently for news of a major breakthrough. At least the more level headed of us would. Any talk of Ken going into hiding is pure fantasy and what is far closer to the actual truth is that he's keeping his cards close to his chest which is what he does.  Two things have happened recently, the HF deal and the MSD announcement.  Ken silence is due to the HF deal and the doom & gloom brigade think it's because of the MSD announcement.  Sit back and wait for news, it will come soon enough and when it does there will be panic buying given the current prices.  I would be buying right now if I had the cash.   Smiley

Since someone deleted my request I'll ask again. According to your earlier post this would be the next breakthrough. Please list ONE of the previous breakthroughs and also give one plausible idea for what the next breakthrough could be.

one breakthrough for ActM; Ken got his picture in the paper!

sorry, couldn't resist. The sad thing is, there is an entire class of entrepreneur who doesn't even expect to succeed, in fact, they plot their every move with a view to profiting from failure; get funded-pay self-bankrupt business-rinse - repeat. feast or famine on endless loop. It's the American dream, underachiever-style.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:36:54 AM

You have a good point, there is a place for government in enforcing contracts but at the same time think about how many startups fail all the time in Silicon Valley, they lie and string their investors along all the time too. They even brag about it and the government does nothing. Maybe we should have insisted on personal contracts with Ken before investing with a plan for the company failure if it occurred. People were too optimistic when reading the prospectus and we never gave the shareholders an out in the prospectus that Ken would have had to adhere to.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/no-exit/
Chris convened their meeting by saying, “We have 10 companies waiting to work with us, and we’re about to close a round of funding.” These statements weren’t strictly true, but one couldn’t hire engineers without projecting a sunlit-uplands future. As Chris had put it to me, “Lying your way along puts you in a bad place. But you do have to balance transparency with optimism.”

This sounds a lot like some of Ken's false claims.

I just think that if you are using Bitcoins the first move when things might not look good should not be to seek out government assistance to save your cash. You should work with the person you invested with to make the situation better. Ken really did bring this upon himself since many people here are novice investors and likely committed too much capital to this enterprise and when shares were not tradable for > 5 months I can understand getting the MSD involved but it really feels like shooting yourself in the foot to recover a minimal amount of your investment back by killing any chance the company could succeed. It wasn't big but it still existed. Now that has even been lessened to be an almost non existent chance.

You might be comfortable with a society where the wealthy owe their success to being liars, fraudsters and sociopaths, but I don't want to live in that world.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: