Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:28:03 PM

The ActM Thread account has been locked down - only two of us have access. So the shenanigans will stop.

Can I ask who has access to it?

Probably Vince and Kleeck.

I do not believe I'm invited to that particular party. (And I'm OK with that.)

Wink

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

The ActM Thread account has been locked down - only two of us have access. So the shenanigans will stop.

Can I ask who has access to it?

Probably Vince and Kleeck.

I do not believe I'm invited to that particular party. (And I'm OK with that.)

Wink

Ah, I thought I remember you saying you have access. Not that it's an inherently bad or good thing.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:32:20 PM

So we'll have to wait for several months before real news? I don't understand, what is the current status?
kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2014, 03:39:40 PM by kokoarm

So we'll have to wait for several months before real news? I don't understand, what is the current status?

Correct me if any of this is wrong,

1) Ken seems to have severed all contact with his shareholders, ignoring pm's and 2 weekly updates.
2) He is being forced to reimburse shareholders by the MSD (so long as you can confirm you bought directly from ACTM?)
3) He is being forced to repay pre-orders it seems - either by MSD or the threat of a Wood Law case.
4) No one knows if he has enough money for this (has he dumped the missing 100 Gold cards to get the money together?)
5) There is no known plan of further development, no HashFast deal, no 28nm, no DC expansion.
6) Ken has a long history (10 years+) of closing down his failing businesses, not delivering to customers, and being investigated by the MSD.
7) Ken is still selling products on his site that will never be built and are part of a long-cancelled eASIC project.

Please add to the list DTS if you know anything else.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:13:32 PM

Vince commandeers the bridge of Titanic.  Order restored.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:59:47 PM

Ken,

If you have extra inventory to clear use Corkett.com. 

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
sporket

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

Everything you read in this thread now is compromised and dominated by people with nefarious motives.

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill
And end this perfect romance
Let's face the music and dance
Dance
Let's face the music and dance

~THE END~
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

so how do we stay on top of the final (months?) days of this mess? Is there a new thread I should be following?

it's obvious ken et. al. isn't coming in here anymore to "update" us as to the situation... so should we just individually be in contact with MSD from now on?

anyone?
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:12:33 AM

so how do we stay on top of the final (months?) days of this mess? Is there a new thread I should be following?

it's obvious ken et. al. isn't coming in here anymore to "update" us as to the situation... so should we just individually be in contact with MSD from now on?

anyone?

It seems ken is avoiding posting anything here but he is going to refund the pre-order customers  in BTC  Roll Eyes  yet he is going to refund our shares in USD  Cool   Shocked   

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We will soon start refunding all of our Pre-Order customers that have requested a refund and have not received their refund.  We will be refunding the pre-order amount converted to BTC @ the coinbase current sell price.  Our pre-order customer will have to agree to being refunded in BTC.  We will post in about 1 week an agreement to be refunded in BTC.  Should a pre-order customer wish to receive their refund in USD we will also do those refunds after the BTC refunds.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:14:21 AM

anyone?

Correct
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:07:12 AM

anyone?

It seems ken is avoiding posting anything here but he is going to refund the pre-order customers  in BTC  Roll Eyes  yet he is going to refund our shares in USD  Cool   Shocked   

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We will soon start refunding all of our Pre-Order customers that have requested a refund and have not received their refund.  We will be refunding the pre-order amount converted to BTC @ the coinbase current sell price.  Our pre-order customer will have to agree to being refunded in BTC.  We will post in about 1 week an agreement to be refunded in BTC.  Should a pre-order customer wish to receive their refund in USD we will also do those refunds after the BTC refunds.

Hate to point out the obvious but the Mo. Sec of State office hasn't made anything official and if any fines were to be levied it will be iin USD due to the legal tender laws... (read the fine print on your FRN's)  if Mo has passed gold and silver legal tender laws like UT than we can get paid back in that as well.  That is all dictated by the long arm of the law, in the end there are so many contradictory laws on the books they really can create anything.  Gold, silver constitution anyone....ok ok I know. 

Refunding customers in btc makes sense as long as Ken keeps the miners running, we all know the advantages of btc over fiat at this point.  Both issue's facts and details are about as clear as why rectal thermomoters are banned in Missouri....and we will all see.  Btw.....600 freakin satoshis!!!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:47:10 AM

This could go on much longer than that.  I dout Ken kept things orderly so just trying to figure that mess out will be an accomplishment
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:19:03 AM

This will be a long and protracted affair which is why there numerous shareholders who haven't lost hope.  They might get shouted down whenever they try to voice their opnions, buy they do exist.  After all, someone's buying the shares.

I'm glad I've been vindicated from the wild accusations and hope Vince and whoever, are able to control the troll shenanigans.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kokoarm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:44:42 AM

This will be a long and protracted affair which is why there numerous shareholders who haven't lost hope.  They might get shouted down whenever they try to voice their opnions, buy they do exist.  After all, someone's buying the shares.

I'm glad I've been vindicated from the wild accusations and hope Vince and whoever, are able to control the troll shenanigans.

Long AND protracted? So long long???

You've been vindicated? By whom and when? I must have missed that.
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:00:56 PM

After all, someone's buying the shares.

People also bought "Gox" BTC simply because it was so cheap they felt they could gamble to see if it was recovered or ever will be recovered.

There are still people selling "Gox accounts" for fractions of the bitcoin on them to people that believe Gox will be taken over and everyone paid back out.

The people buying these shares are the same types of people that bought those Gox BTC.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:27:23 PM

There is no faith left in this company.

Bargraphics is entirely correct in his reasoning with regards to the current buyers of ActiveMining shares.

The floor is only due to the crazy ones, the same people that buy penny stocks or GoxBTC.

When your company that took in 7,000 - 16,000 bitcoin is worth 125 bitcoin (60% of those can't trade anyway) you know it's all over.

I read some of the older posts that someone dug up about ActiveMining in the old days, I was embarrassed to say I never read those (I admitted this much many times).

This has been an expensive lesson, however I have learnt something from it; research, research and more research.

Also if you can't educate yourself about the business you are investing into then don't do it. I said to myself I didn't have the time to read months worth of forum posts because of my studies and other commitments, the correct course of action would have been never to invest. I knew I was out of my depth when some posters would talk about certain details about the ASIC specifics and I honestly wasn't 100% sure what they were talking about.

Warren Buffett is normally an example for the weak investor[1] that missed the boat (Only regarding the Internet) however what he said is the most correct thing in all of the world, never invest in something you don't understand.

I take this to mean, if you don't understand the business then leave those profits (and losses) to someone else. I lied to myself, I had more Bitcoin in my wallet than I made in two years, most of it from riding other IPO's, I became greedy and lost sight of what was important.

I became a loser, I told myself I don't have the time to read months worth of threads but was ok to make a decision that involved more money than the 2,000 hours I spent working at the cafe.

I am happy to say I have learnt something. Research and understand. If it's a risky investment that you have no idea about, calculate the value of your time and invest that amount.

For the several hours I spent reading about ActiveMining, I should have invested maximum about 1 bitcoin.

I suggest all the investors remaining conclude this mess, decide how much you have actually lost and see if you have anything to learn from this.

I would like to sue Ken into the ground, but I have little resources and not really sure who to contact.

I would like zumzero to stop talking nonsense, the only thing ActiveMining has left is a mining farm that will be losing money by years end. If Bitcoin really starts its next bubble the difficulty changes will be 30% per retarget at least.

[1] Only regarding the Internet, in almost everything else the man is a genius.
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

There is no faith left in this company.

Bargraphics is entirely correct in his reasoning with regards to the current buyers of ActiveMining shares.

The floor is only due to the crazy ones, the same people that buy penny stocks or GoxBTC.

When your company that took in 7,000 - 16,000 bitcoin is worth 125 bitcoin (60% of those can't trade anyway) you know it's all over.

I read some of the older posts that someone dug up about ActiveMining in the old days, I was embarrassed to say I never read those (I admitted this much many times).

This has been an expensive lesson, however I have learnt something from it; research, research and more research.

Also if you can't educate yourself about the business you are investing into then don't do it. I said to myself I didn't have the time to read months worth of forum posts because of my studies and other commitments, the correct course of action would have been never to invest. I knew I was out of my depth when some posters would talk about certain details about the ASIC specifics and I honestly wasn't 100% sure what they were talking about.

Warren Buffett is normally an example for the weak investor[1] that missed the boat (Only regarding the Internet) however what he said is the most correct thing in all of the world, never invest in something you don't understand.

I take this to mean, if you don't understand the business then leave those profits (and losses) to someone else. I lied to myself, I had more Bitcoin in my wallet than I made in two years, most of it from riding other IPO's, I became greedy and lost sight of what was important.

I became a loser, I told myself I don't have the time to read months worth of threads but was ok to make a decision that involved more money than the 2,000 hours I spent working at the cafe.

I am happy to say I have learnt something. Research and understand. If it's a risky investment that you have no idea about, calculate the value of your time and invest that amount.

For the several hours I spent reading about ActiveMining, I should have invested maximum about 1 bitcoin.

I suggest all the investors remaining conclude this mess, decide how much you have actually lost and see if you have anything to learn from this.

I would like to sue Ken into the ground, but I have little resources and not really sure who to contact.

I would like zumzero to stop talking nonsense, the only thing ActiveMining has left is a mining farm that will be losing money by years end. If Bitcoin really starts its next bubble the difficulty changes will be 30% per retarget at least.

[1] Only regarding the Internet, in almost everything else the man is a genius.

Sky is falling.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

Not sure if you've been following the thread, but the sky has fallen and it's over.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:47:33 PM

After all, someone's buying the shares.

People also bought "Gox" BTC simply because it was so cheap they felt they could gamble to see if it was recovered or ever will be recovered.

There are still people selling "Gox accounts" for fractions of the bitcoin on them to people that believe Gox will be taken over and everyone paid back out.

The people buying these shares are the same types of people that bought those Gox BTC.

Who are the same type of people who invest in high risk bitcoin startups, exept they can accept their losses.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
JimmyJazz

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:53:22 PM

Not sure if you've been following the thread, but the sky has fallen and it's over.

I have been following.

Nothing has changed. We were aware of the MSD situation.
Ken has more money than you let on.

Have you sold all your shares?
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: