Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actually use Bitcoin?  (Read 1249 times)
fargoway (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:31:33 AM

As far as I am more and more in it, I can do some conclusions.

1) People are mostly not using the Bitcoin (altcoins as well);
2) Crypto-enthusiasts are real enthusiasts only when the price goes up;
3) Even considering there are more crypto-companies appear which offer their services, and more people join our community - the level of crypto education and adoption is still very low;

Almost 95% of all people in crypto I know personally are holding or trading, but not using it to its functionality. I cannot judge anyone for this, but let's be honest - it won't bring you any money if you just will buy it and wait.

So, there is a question: "How much of you use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to its full capacity?" I am curious about this because as for now it looks like there is only a small group of people making some contributions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:39:12 AM

3) Even considering there are more crypto-companies appear which offer their services, and more people join our community - the level of crypto education and adoption is still very low;

Almost 95% of all people in crypto I know personally are holding or trading, but not using it to its functionality. I cannot judge anyone for this, but let's be honest - it won't bring you any money if you just will buy it and wait.

So, there is a question: "How much of you use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to its full capacity?" I am curious about this because as for now it looks like there is only a small group of people making some contributions.

As far as my main income is from crypto i would love to use my crypto for everyday spendings but it is rarely possible. I have to withdraw to fiat each month.
If there was simple solution for sure i would use it. Zeex is starting ICO in which you will be able to spend your crypto without KYC in 350+ brands by gift cards (adidas, starbucks, tesco etc)
fargoway (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:42:05 AM

As far as my main income is from crypto i would love to use my crypto for everyday spendings but it is rarely possible. I have to withdraw to fiat each month.
If there was simple solution for sure i would use it. Zeex is starting ICO in which you will be able to spend your crypto without KYC in 350+ brands by gift cards (adidas, starbucks, tesco etc)

Oh, you are an excellent representative of those small group of people, who uses crypto. There are no doubts you will use it if your income is already in cryptocurrencies
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

I personally use bitcoin as much as possible. Mostly through online services like on my servers and such. Unfortunately the merchant adoption in my country is very low. Though hopefully that's going to change as the days go by.

I cannot judge anyone for this, but let's be honest - it won't bring you any money if you just will buy it and wait.
You definitely can make money if you just buy and wait. Bitcoin was just $2500 on June last year. Even though bitcoin's price crashed pretty hard right now, that's still more than x2 profit. You can make money just by waiting, it just depends on what price you bought the coins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:43:25 AM

You are right, that most people use altcoin more. and for some people who use bitcoin, they do not really use it as a means of payment as the main purpose of bitcoin is created. but they use it as an investment asset. so practically, bitcoin is slightly away from the main destination as an online transaction payment tool.
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:45:44 AM

Of course, the world is not ready to introduce cryptocurrency money into everyday life. But the movement in this direction is already outlined..
In the meantime, we have a great opportunity to invest in projects. And transfer the profit to Fiat, if necessary.

davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:48:12 AM

I don`t use bitcoin,because I can`t use it for something other than trading.
I can`t buy food or pay the bills with btc in my country.Bitcoin can be used for gambling,but I don`t gamble.
The main problem with bitcoin adoption is that women don`t use it.When more women start using btc,more online merchants will accept btc payments.

iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:50:38 AM

What you are saying is very true. Most people are just holding it for better price and dump them. Many crypto lovers do not use the digital currency to the fullest of its abilities. What we do now is to buy, hold for sometimes, and sell it when the price rises quite appreciable. I think it is high time we use the currency to the fullest by using it in our daily transaction online and i believe by so doing the value of the currency would be maintained.
Janeterrekg

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:56:25 AM

Yes, I am actually using Bitcoins, and I am a proud Bitcoin user. The country where I belong does't banned Bitcoin or the whole crypto currency community, but rather it support the crypto world. Bitcoin is a great medium to be used as a currency. I hope that other people will also know Bitcoin and be a part of the crypto currency community.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

I really don't get what you meant by if we really use bitcoin. I have been in cryptocurrency space for quite a while now and am sure that it's what i have been using to sustain myself. We all trade in exchanges and at the end of the day, month, or depending on whatever schedule we gave to ourselves sell at our own convenient time. So i believe that is using bitcoin. Besides there are not much places we can officially use bitcoin to buy real goods just few of them exist for now. But we do sell them for fiat and i believe it counts.
normanderecho

Activity: 460

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:45:29 PM

Yes,im stilling using bitcoin because I know bitcoin have a great future and I know many persons use a bitcoin  because of safety transaction and easy way to use so that many people like to way  to use bitcoin.

cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:49:52 PM

yes I actually use bitcoin because I know that I can be successful and rich by it. There are so many humors that the expert here is now rich and their life is now stable so why I can not pursue to work here if it possible also to me.
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:57:04 PM

you understand that you are just trite time not only mine but also my bitcoin does not exist and there will be no future here Socratus has a future
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:04:05 PM

Of course i do , its the widely used cryptocurrency in my country . Its accepted by a company here which is regulated by our government . So yeah , Im actually using bitcoin and convert them into real money . Sometimes I dont even need to convert them since i can deal p2p . I can purchase good and services online . Bitcoin makes online shopping more easier you just need to find a dealer who accepts bitcoin as payment tho ..

Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

Of course i do , its the widely used cryptocurrency in my country . Its accepted by a company here which is regulated by our government . So yeah , Im actually using bitcoin and convert them into real money . Sometimes I dont even need to convert them since i can deal p2p . I can purchase good and services online . Bitcoin makes online shopping more easier you just need to find a dealer who accepts bitcoin as payment tho ..
A lot of dealers are? You have confirmed that in order to make purchases you change bitcoins to Fiat. That says you're using Fiat. You only need bitcoin to access Fiat. So forced to do the majority of users of cryptocurrency so the trust in cryptocurrency is reduced and it becomes more vulnerable.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:11:31 PM

your conclusion here is based on what you hear from others or read online. and the source of that is from the most vocal group which is the investors who care mainly about the price so you think people aren't using bitcoin.

the fact is there are a lot of people using bitcoin. you can read about the stats that sometimes the big businesses release the best one is from Bitpay which is a payment processor. if what you said was true then their stats should have been a lot lower which was $110M+ in bitcoin payments per month in 2017 https://blog.bitpay.com/bitpay-growth-2017/

There is a FOMO brewing...
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:14:23 PM

The main problem with bitcoin adoption is that women don`t use it.When more women start using btc,more online merchants will accept btc payments.
I can't think of any reason why it has to be women instead of saying that "people" or "both gender" should start adopting bitcoin.

These merchants aren't relying only to women and there are some stats that most of the bitcoin users are male.

I have been using bitcoin many times and until today, in fact I'd used it lately to pay for something. I really like using it though the market isn't so good today.

Signature for rent
kauban2018

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:17:22 PM

Up until now I still used and do hardwork in Bitcoin. I can share what I want to say through posting and answering different topic. I really earned in Bitcoim even how small it is but still I can call it as a blessing.
Bugcoin5

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:17:28 PM

Mostly as store of value or investment but some people use it as actually currency.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

I do. I actually pay for online stuff like vps, seedboxes, servers, etc. Whenever I need a graphic designer or a web developer I look for people accepting btc. I've even bought T-shirts using btc.

it won't bring you any money if you just will buy it and wait.
On the contrary, you can actually make some decent money if you just hold your btc (if I buy right now @6300, wait, and the sell @11k, I would've made some nice profits), that's one of the reasons why people don't want to use their btc.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀