Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka  (Read 3181 times)
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:54:56 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

Where is the evidence of this news, maybe it's just a manipulation, but do you believe in all the news that you read? Many have already been banned, and then allowed and again banned))

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:56:41 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

Not until the government banned bitcoin or all the cryptocurrencies thats the time you must be alarmed but of banks only well meaning you can still gain cryptocurrency and maybe government will make necessary action regarding this.and i believe that same issue India has few months ago but now since government is supporting crypto ,things are doing fine now and all is back to business
Baggong

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:11:43 PM

Yes it is true bitcoin is now banned in sri lanka.

More and more countries are banned from bitcoin, but I'm sure bitcoin users won't care about this, I'm sure bitcoin users in Sri Lanka are not too worried about it, they can exchange it to Fiat as long as they have accounts that can receive money from other countries.
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:20:40 PM

Probably, they banned cryptocurrency there because they are completely unaware of how it can benefit them as as a nation. And even if their main bank banned it, it doesn’t mean their people banned it if it can help them personally.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mrconnect

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:24:49 PM

There isn't sufficient information on the alleged ban of Bitcoin in Sri Lanka at the moment so I can't give an opinion yet. The best I saw on Bitcoin in Sri Lanka was a general warning which dates back to April this year. Hopefully, if your claim is true, in the coming days we will get more news, then I and other members can share our opinion.
kriptowitch

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:29:23 PM

One of the main reasons is money laundering through bitcoin. Also, bitcoin can be a tool of corruption, most likely because of this and banned. But I don't think it's a long time.

ANN |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰|    ASURE NETWORK     |▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰| Bounty
FIRST SCALABLE DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL SECURITY NETWORK
wasdconcac

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:31:59 PM

What is the prohibited reason? Can Bitcoin be useful and beneficial to humans?
Teriyanone

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:02:36 AM

Sri Lankan crypto community cannot be considered as small because there are many potential investors and traders deeply involved with ICO programs and has help a lot to many companies to develop there projects in the crypto world by funding and providing other essential resources so crypto ban problem in Sri Lanka can make a significant effect for most cryptocurrencies  and there future
Bakugan

Activity: 260
Merit: 28

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:47:10 PM

Many countries banned bitcoin without giving a specific reason , It makes us thinks that government really hate bitcoin a lot . If this is true that will be a bad news for us. Maybe they dont know how bitcoin can help their country and its community.

Pump N Dead

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:25:17 PM

The only reason I could think of is having a control over their currency. If they accept cryptocurrency as a currency they cannot do any shady transaction in the government. It is more easier to audit politicians if cryptocurrency is implemented in their country and corrupt officials won't let that happen.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:29:40 PM

If it is the government policy to not let cryptocurrency into the system no one can intervene in that. But Sri Lanka is a developing a country and the action of the government on bitcoins wont have much effect on the bitcoin market.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:01:08 AM

The only reason I could think of is having a control over their currency. If they accept cryptocurrency as a currency they cannot do any shady transaction in the government. It is more easier to audit politicians if cryptocurrency is implemented in their country and corrupt officials won't let that happen.

This is bad for any ICO and/or crypto fans in Sri Lanka but not a big impact to them, Can't you see the good side on banning them by google?

We can get more work here as they need more advertisements from us. this will make us much better in earning and more productive to the TEAM DEVELOPER and ICO.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:51:21 AM

this is a temporary ban! a lot of people suffered from the mosh in the crypt world! we need some kind of regulatory laws that can control at least somehow the state! then there will be legalization and remove all prohibitions!
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:55:46 AM

Of course this is bad, the more countries that are banned from bitcoin, the number of users will be reduced and they will automatically convert to fiat, this is what makes bitcoin prices difficult to rise due to banning from various countries.

..........///....../////..........
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:01:41 PM

Of course this is bad, the more countries that are banned from bitcoin, the number of users will be reduced and they will automatically convert to fiat, this is what makes bitcoin prices difficult to rise due to banning from various countries.
right, with that news, of course, demand for bitcoin is decreasing, thus affecting price. we hope that governments of various countries will soon have policies that favor btc, so that there will be more and more bitcoiners
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:28:11 PM

Yes it is true bitcoin is now banned in Sri Lanka, I've seen a few freelancers who doesn't accept bitcoin i was curious about that.
But now i get it.
Another developing country banned bitcoin and a tragic moment for those crypto investor in Sri Lanka. I hope this things stop the banning bitcoin in their countries and if this continues it will affect the value of bitcoin also the value of other coins.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Sukunan-

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:33:50 PM

it's not easy indeed so that bitcoin can be accepted by all countries in the world, but this is the bitcoin journey, maybe because the problem also makes the price run very slowly ..
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:43:47 PM

While many countries are becoming more loyal to cryptocurrencies, some countries still banish them and it seems unreasonable.
stownbridge

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:49:40 PM

Do not duda go gentlemen bankers. We already had examples of the ban, but after some time, it will be canceled. It is not a big country to stay out of the progress.
Legendari

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:53:30 PM

I think just local banks are unhappy with the success of bitcoin and fear for their position in the market. These are empty attempts to stop bitcoin.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: