Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
akashark (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:34:15 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a4illusionist

Activity: 365
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:37:29 PM

It feels so bad. But can you tell us in detail what you think you did. I mean in detail so that the rest of the community can learn and i really hope that you get some good rewards. I got scammed around 2 years back and lost around 25k USD .  but i am hopeful that i'll recover in the crypto world.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even tell you how much it hurts. The only step I took to secure my funds was to buy a hardware wallet and use several wallets, as it is very dangerous to keep everything on one. And still there is a wallet on which I have most of my money and I am very afraid. MEW needs to make more safe wallet!!!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
MVT_Freedom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:50:12 PM

Very sorry to hear you are hacked

It would indeed be very helpfull if you could describe every step and detail, so that others can learn from this.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:50:55 PM

That is a horrible situation to be in, if you could help us out and give a bit more detail on what happened.  Was it a phishing email you clicked on to change your password and they gained access to your account that way?  were your keys stored in your google account.
que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:52:26 PM

It's the reason why number of person whom buy hardware wallet like Trezor or ledger nano is increasing really quickly Smiley. You should buy it to keep your crypto safe Smiley. Beside don't use VPN cause it's the most popular way for hacker to hack your wallet Smiley. You also should avoid using decentralized exchange which require you to enter your wallet Private key like ETD, Forkdelta or IDEX, if you wanna use, you should create a new wallet and send token to.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:53:28 PM

A few months ago MEW was crowded in talk too because many assets are stolen, and the way hackers steal them is by phishing web, I guess this also happens to MEW thag you have. For the future if you save money on MEW, bookmark MEW is a safe way.
close up

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:54:29 PM

Most of the people who uses MEW was accidently put their private key to some phishing links, these are the common reasons on why their MEW got hacked. But, somehow, if there also another account like your google account which doesn't have any relation between each, it probably your PC got hijacked by someone else a k a RAT.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:57:55 PM

Im sorry for your loss. I'm still think if how you got hacked by an email there is a slight chance that you got hack by it. Just because someone know your email it doesn't mean that you will get hacked unless you have your private key stored in your email.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Sorry for your loss mate.

Why is it that I have read again someone complaining that they are using email to login with MEW?

I suspect that you logged in to a phishing link and you never the latest news that a browser extension was hacked thats connected to MEW.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jakasantosa

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

Think better

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:02:17 PM

Very sad indeed if we get hacked wallet. but most of the hackers before doing it usually ask for a wallet key with a very interesting promotion and we accidentally fill out a form that one of the contents mapped the wallet key.

Look Forward
CryptoRama

Activity: 453

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:14:08 PM

I use my ledger nano s hardwallet, it's safer, I mean you could increase the safety all most on every level, but if they got your keys trough your mail/email, that is just shitty security from your side.

You should know that if you didn't disable, google saves all your history and what have you been doing and saves on your email adress that has been logged in at the time you were using wallet/web. Now I don't know what that means with all the keyboard inputs.

also, if you unknowigly saved some private keys on google drive is a possibility too, other than that beware of rigged chrome or firefox extentions

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:22:40 PM

I am sorry about what happened to you and I understand how you must be feeling right now. I do not think myetherwallet hack doesn't have to do with compromised google account unless you saved your private key (or json file) on your google drive. However as others suggested invest in hardware wallet or spread your tokens along multiple etherwallet accounts.
FrosyaBulatova

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:26:55 PM

I'm very sorry for Your loss! This is a bad situation, you need to tune in and be able to survive this situation. There are a lot of scammers in cryptomeria, all are looking for benefits using hacker attacks. How to protect yourself from them? There is still no sure way. This is the only disadvantage of storing funds in an electronic wallet.
Sofia_Sofia

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:32:11 PM

I have a friend in the bounty company laid out not his wallet, but his own key. And he, too, lost a very large amount. So you need to be more careful
berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
Friend, I express my condolences (It is really very sad and I too can not understand how hackers have broken your wallet. I would advise you to keep funds on hardware wallets, which is very convenient and safe. MEW has been breaking very often recently.

namlong

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:33:24 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even tell you how much it hurts. The only step I took to secure my funds was to buy a hardware wallet and use several wallets, as it is very dangerous to keep everything on one. And still there is a wallet on which I have most of my money and I am very afraid. MEW needs to make more safe wallet!!!

It's horrible!! You don't leave crypto, give it one more chance. You need buy a hardware wallet and then you will be more secure, your losses now no one will make up for, but you will be able to re-earn.

AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:36:03 PM

Are you guys still using myether wallet after so many warnings from the site that it's not advisable to log in with your private key. Download imtoken and login to your wallet from there
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

Man, I apologize for that. If you are sure that it was mew hack and not a phishing site, then maybe you will drop a message to the mew team with explanation what happens with you, maybe they can recover your crypto. I know whitehats hackers recovered money somehow.

namlong

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

If you can tell in more detail what exactly happened, whether you  follow any links or how an attacker could get your key. We all together try to understand what happened.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: