Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

It is heartbreaking to loss such a huge amount from myetherwallet hack, as a crypto investor what i use to keep my fund save is using hardware wallet, haredware wallets are secure and safe it is not a wallet that private key can be exposed.
quesi_job
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:32:23 AM

I'm very sorry for loss bro, However, we should pay heed to security when it comes to technology-related issues. We pay attention to our data security. The rise of cyber threat is heartbreaking and it is causing a lot of harm. Most of these attacks are done through phishing. We should all be on the lookout.
Natusik

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:05:00 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
You made a silly mistake, despite the fact that you are constantly warned not to trust third-party links, and also use the MetaMask application to enter the MyEtherWallet wallet. I can only sympathize with you and wish to be more careful and to check any information that requires you to take important actions!
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:14:59 PM

No police station in crypto that can manage your issue. That's the problem once you've got hacked your money won't be back. Once lose you will lose forever. That's what I think about this matter. Maybe next time don't give your e-mail to somebody if your wallet is base in your email. Much better also if you don't trust anyone regarding your wallet key. If it is okey for you don't let your computer use by anyone but make it just yours alone.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:30:58 PM

That really sounds terrible and i understand how you feel right now. What device are you using? Do you remember copy pasting your private keys to your device? There might be a chance that a hacker already put a malware on your device which able to read your clipboard details.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
george_crypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:13:28 PM

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately we're hearing similar stories, better be always careful about links, emails, extension and others.
abruchifid

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

No one can hack your Ethereum  wallet unless your private key was compromised. I am sure you stored them in your email. You should have kept it offline .sorry for your loss
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:25:10 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I think there are two options if you are not negligent with your private key.
the first option of peretar access network network with dns google.
and the second option, phishing. you have been trapped in phishing mode until the hacker can access your wallet.
abruchifid

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

It is heartbreaking to loss such a huge amount from myetherwallet hack, as a crypto investor what i use to keep my fund save is using hardware wallet, haredware wallets are secure and safe it is not a wallet that private key can be exposed.
The hardware wallets are the best. A major problem with myetherwallet most times is with the use of private keys to sign transactions, one may end up on a phishing site and give it away to hackers. That's one of the reasons I prefer Metamask
ideya

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:43:53 PM

I can feel you pain, it is the worst feeling feeling to see your hard earned money going this way. It was a group attack as many people were affected.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:45:39 PM

as usual the risk from having crypto asset is got hacked and very unfortunately for those who got hacked i think they will never get their funds back because hackers almost be untraceable and many factors why people got hacked but most of them is their password or their private keys were stolen by phising attempts
betty12

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:49:40 PM

I share in your plight. But for me, I avoid MEW. I use Imtoken and Metamask. I use Imtoken for private storage and Metamask for trading. Maybe you should never store your private keys and recovering phrase online, it is dangerous.
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:51:59 PM

I think everyone will be very grateful if you give us more information. You can help other people avoid this situation.
Philcris

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:06:43 PM

so thats a lesson learn for you u must monitor your Wallet if u get your bounty go exchange it before the hacker access your wallet
HuyenTKB9

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

I am really sorry to hear about that.
I suggest you use only clean computer (should have 1 antivirus program), clean browsers (install as less extensions/plugins as possible)
- Don't install unusable or unknown extensions/plugins
- Don't visit unknown or untrusted websites/URL
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:17:08 PM

Sometimes whatever we imply for the security of wallet, hackers always find a way if there is a chance, we must think that storing in an online wallet with a respective key is not totally secured, rather than acquiring a hardware wallet, thus amount that had been hacked is too much to buy a hardware wallet but its too late, anyway the damage had been done, it is a sort of awareness that if we will not vigilant then it will happen also to us.
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:17:17 PM

im sorry about what happened to you mate. i think you are an victim of phishing sites, maybe you join an airdropped that you also dont know its just a big scam. lots of airdrop right now for me is just an scam or phishing. also always be careful installing new application for your pc's especially with those application comes with an crack software's, we dont know if they put some codes that they can stole our identity. better if you are using your PC, LAPTOP, PHONE or any gadgets in crypto use it safe from hacker's to avoid this issue.
stay safe always mate, make this as an lesson for you and for all of us reading this thread that for just one mistake click we made all of our hardwork will just be stolen. best part of this mate is stand up again, make an new wallet and dont use your old wallet anymore, change all your password. goodluck for your comeback mate, you can do it.
raldix00

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:18:17 PM

i feel bad on you my friend. the hacker today is so incredible they cant stop. thats why i suggest to you next time dont put your all money in one wallet. it more safe to make a multiple wallet. so if one of those are hack they didnt get all
Tribizz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:25:33 PM

Am really for your loss mate, but i can't believe you used email to log into your MEW. It's a new way they are using now to scam people.
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1582
Merit: 157

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:31:38 PM

I am sorry for what you feel right now, it is very much a hacker who wanders us also must be more vigilant. I also experienced the same thing, initially, I participated in airdrop, and they sent me an email to login in MEW and it is a phishing web, all looks exactly the same, even the domain is the same, only the web certificate is different. I think this is a professional hacker, they do it neatly .. if we are not more alert, surely we continue to be targeted by hackers

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: