Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:43:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I am puzzled with the statements above. You were saying that your MEW was hacked. And then you were talking about hacking using email. MEW and email has no connection at all. MEW does not need your email so how? It is confusing.

Another thing, a Google alert? Then you changed your password? I believe you are not using MEW at all. I am using MEW and I haven't used my email in making a wallet.

This should be a lesson for you. Quit whining and stand up. There's nothing you can do now. Learn how to fully secure your assets. You cannot be too sure with regards to cryptocurrency.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:46:32 PM

Its unfortunate that you are a victim of hacks and have lots such a huge amount of money, the crypto arena is however not dead and there will be more chances for you to make more, next time however, You could use metamask, or invest in hardware wallets  to secure your money more

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
dilshanfernando

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:47:16 PM

That is awful to be in, in the event that you could enable us to out and give more fine grained detail on what happened. Is it accurate to say that it was a phishing email you tapped on to change your secret key and they accessed your record that way? were your keys put away in your google account.
anna.cayne

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. I myself want to buy a crypt coin for a long time, and I do not know how to protect it. Now it has become a big problem
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:22:45 PM

You title sound like you are happy lol.

But actually, yeah, that is terrible what happened to you.
$5000 is a lot of money, and it seems like it proportionately very huge for you.

What it comes down to is this: anything on your computer is not safe.
Your digital footprint is long and permanent.
Any hacker can access your info and computer in a whole variety of ways and then, from there, dig through things you though long gone.

sound like it's form a movie?
No, it's very real.

The only way to really keep your crypto safe is to physically keep it safe.
That means hardware wallets or paper wallets.
Throw in a safe in your home, and no one will still your money.

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Did you save your private key in your email? You mentioned that someone change your google password and the hack happened. Would like to know more about your case to learn.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:38:47 PM

I'm really sorry for you bro. It really is just sad to know that active and honest users are treated this badly. My only advise to you is to never use your private keys to unlock your MEW account or any wallet that allows this option because this is the riskiest way to do it.

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:41:28 PM

no matter how you safely kept your private key, if you use an infected computer, if there is a virus or a trojan in your computer that you connected to myetherwallet, you are in a very high risk.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:48:07 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

You don't use email to log in your myetherwallet. So unless you had the private key stored there, I see no way how you got hacked it through your email. Unless they mean he hacked your computer through your email and then got into the wallet, that would make sense.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:45:05 PM

that's why you should not put all your money in just one wallet, or maybe you should put it on hardware wallet like trezor or nano ledger than using myetherwallet, I know that you have heard a lot of issues in mew but you still use to store your funds, at least you have learned your lesson.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

akashark (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:45:56 PM

Honestly, I still do not understand how the message is related to the MEW wallet. Please explain this to me. it's unfortunate that you lost money, but most likely you are to blame for this, or rather, you were inattentive somewhere.

I Don't know why you did not understand bro. My ETH Address hacked by an Indonesian Hacker, He hacked my email by somehow and then he hacked my every wallet and stolen all of my money. I was very attentive with my wallet, you can check my previous message, I always suggest people secure their wallet because I thought my account is safe enough. But accidentally my myetherwallet hacked. I really don't know why you did not understand  Cry

2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:48:51 PM

Take a break from crypto for a while if you need it, but don't totally forget it.
Come back when you are clear minded again, many millionaires became broke before they became millionaires.
onaiwusun

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:51:13 PM

Too bad you had to experience such inhumanity from hackers.You they had access to your private keys.You should be very careful next time not to use your private  keys on scam sites.
akashark (OP)

Activity: 387

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:51:17 PM

that's why you should not put all your money in just one wallet, or maybe you should put it on hardware wallet like trezor or nano ledger than using myetherwallet, I know that you have heard a lot of issues in mew but you still use to store your funds, at least you have learned your lesson.

Yes, brother, I learned enough. Actually, I was using metamask with myetherwallet, and I felt safe for that. I had a plan to buy a hardware wallet by taking next payment. Hardware wallet is not available in my country, I have to buy from aliexpress. But, my all plans are gone by this hack. I Still can't believe that I lost my all of money. I was too alert and every day I was checking my wallet. However, I need to recover myself. Please pray for me.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:53:48 PM

I'm very sorry about what happened with you, last year I also fell victim to deceivers. Tell us please what kind of wallet did you use?
Cocoincos

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:06:51 PM

I have the same situation but it was 2000$ , My keys was on flash drive also I didnt enter to my wallet very long time, so they hacked MEW or Metamask?
Thewolfofcrypto

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

einc.io

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:29:03 AM

Wow! Sorry to hear that bro, you have gained very expensive experience, that lesson cost to you $5,000. But I am going to encourage you by saying that after this happened you will be 5000 times more careful with your passwords and security.

Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:00:44 AM

What a pity for your lost. Please use Metamask or hardware wallet to enhance your security to avoid scammers. Dont click in the strange link in Facebook, Email or from someone who you dont know them; the malware can go to your PC by this way.

Ni-in

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:14:41 AM

Awfull, i've created a bunch of Ethereum addresses for this reason.

It's a warning for other people, i've nearly entered my keys on a phishing site, the site looks nearly the same, keep checking the the Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
When you receive a mail for an airdrop, which is the latest or coins from a fork,  that leads you to MEW to enter your keys or create a signature verification stay away from it.

romoleal

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:01:45 AM

Sorry for the misfortune, programmers are on sneak nowadays, they focused on for the most part MEW wallets utilizing phishing locales and also sending spontaneous messages while requesting for some data from individuals in this way accessing your wallet, I had been sent numerous messages by programmers asking me to give some data about my wallet as a byproduct of a few tokens obviously such messages are erased promptly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: