Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
Flayme

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:30:28 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

Oh..  That's very disappointing situation.. You know sometimes i think if keeping your money too long is really a good idea...  Because today lots of hackers and scammers are just waiting for us...  It is not so much advisable that we will keep our money or we will hold our token for too long... Our wallet is not really secure today so as much as possible if you can sell your token immediately is much better than holding it...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:34:10 PM

It's very sad to hear this. But how did it happen? Maybe you were transferred to a fake site? I very often said that it's best to use the local version of MEW, which you can tell from their GitHub, do it and you will avoid unnecessary checking.
cryptic4000

Activity: 451

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:35:39 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
After this lesson you should buy Ledger Nano S to secure your property better. I always advise people to use this wallet because this is one of the best wallets and no one can attack and it can connect directly to MEW. In your case, I have met so many and I advise you to listen to the advice of others

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
cris17

Activity: 640

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:36:54 PM

I don't know how it's possible to hack MyEtherWallet by using your e-mail. In any case, it's better to make your e-mail security settings more strong via SMS or calls, not simply passwords.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 12:47:23 PM

I thinks,those who sending you email  are not real from google website,those are the phishing website thats acts from the google are the fake one's,thats why in my own idea i distribute my different crypto coins to different  MEW wallet,so that when there's someone,who interest hacked my wallet only one  kinds of altcoins they can get,because as of now i cannot afford to buy a ledger nano or trezor edge,and mostly i must aware now,those phising  site's,who want to hacked our asset.

CryptoCoin8487

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

I AM HAPPY TO BE A TRADER

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

SOmetimes we are too careless that we almost dont notice so later you have to make sure and double check first before you open or key in your private key in some site because there are so many hackers today and usualy use a phishing site’s.

saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:14:48 PM

You should try to contact Google to see who unauthorized login into your Gmail or have your password, be sure to understand how he gets it. Only that way to help you not make the same mistake twice.
crypto2k180

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

The most safiest way to hold your crypto is use hardware wallets such as ledger nano, trezor, etc.
Right! Hardware wallet is the best solution at the moment, it strongly protects from intruders!

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
Rhesie

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

I never experience this. But my friend told me to secure my account in MEW because he experieced hacking his account. He lost the tokens he earned from bounties. And it is very hard for him to move on.
datniccy97

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

It's very sad that I heard it, I hope you keep trying to be the best.
You must create your strong Email password and do not save private keys in online software.

You can save it in an offline place, such as hard drive and flashdisk.

It's a terrible shame for you, you always hear of hacks but it's only a reality when it happens to you! PLEASE get a hardware wallet if you decide to invest again, otherwise you're playing a game of risk.

Take note hodlers! Please keep your funds safe.
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:28:26 PM

I have experienced this thrice. And finally learned my lesson. I tried switching to metamask, and so far, my tokens are still there. Hopefully its secured than MEW
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:32:59 PM

It is really sad to know about your loss... I am sorry to say that you will not get that money back now but you can earn it back. Also please use hardware wallet to keep your coins.
I think they may have your json file on your Gmail and when you change your password they hacked your password as well.may be by doing this they hacked your wallet.
Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 01:37:54 PM

It`s sorry to read such stories, but it`s a life... Try to make lessons and work harder to get higher earnings.
About e-mail, I think you entered your private key on phishing site. There are so much stories! now we have one new - someone send emails like bountymanager and ask to send "verification transaction" through phishing website.

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

most likely you have phishing, when you access via your e-mail, you have entered the hacking phishing mode, the other option is you use google dns, which has been hacked. so I don't think you can do anything but surrender. and try to safeguard your security from viruses and phishing
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 01:42:52 PM

Don't worry, mate. You are not true crypto user untill you've got hacked Smiley
Since this time you will be more careful about your privacy and safety
Gabri

Activity: 856
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:24:38 PM

I have just yesterday at the friend stole all the tokens and Ethereum wallet. Perhaps when somewhere has exposed your private key, but in the last days very often there are reports of hacking MEW. I have a Ledger and I'm not very worried, but the situation is alarming.
speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

Oops so bad. I really felt bad because of this, i can understand your feeling and hardworks. But i think without you reveal your privatekey unless and until they cannot hack your wallet. You might incorrectly used any pissing website. this is many reason for hacking.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 02:51:37 PM

I was also a victim of this but then I feel that hardware wallet is the only solution to secure your hard-earned coins as no infiltration is possible in any hardware wallet. Always secure your mail first and then all your keys and passwords as sometimes hackers have access of your email and they got your many details from your mail. Use the google authenticator as that is also a very secure tool for safe logins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:48:39 AM

It's very sad, I feel for you. Unfortunately, the reality is that all your savings, even in cryptocurrencies, should be stored under ten locks.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:57:41 AM

It's awful! I'm sorry about what happened to you. This wallet is very popular and we all have to be very careful and cautious! Maybe one day you went to a phishing site. Because as I recall, there's no direct connection between the mail and the wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: