Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2493 times)
pokerap

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:27:56 AM

It's really sad, I can feel your disappointment, I think we have to be more careful in cyberspace, and at least have to know the 2-step authentication method, or via sms on all our important accounts such as email, exchanges and various things.
Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:34:03 AM

I'm sorry with you, but theoretically you can crack the wallet only if you have a key!
YoutubeChannel007

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:03:41 AM

Really sorry for your loss. I do not understand why people do this.
Boppsross

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

This is so sad and worrisome. Good that you got a hardware wallet, at least that will help.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:21:43 PM

It's very disheartening when anyone came to know that your etherwallet got hacked and all the valuable coins has been transferred to hackers Ac and we can not do anything. I also got hacked like you but after that I bought Trezor wallet to avoid such situation in future again and always activate 2FA on your mail ids also and one should always avoid to click spam emails or should not click links from unknown resources.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:26:10 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
I'm sorry man. Terrible situation. Please be careful next time. I'm sure you already have heard many advices and I will say say just Everything is gonna be alright...
Myra4

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:40:22 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

Did you happen to keep your private key on your computer? It's impossible to crack the aether's wallet through the mail as far as I know. I think you are still where you left him. And continue to use hardware wallets

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
leonarda

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:44:08 PM

Really sorry to hear about it. I think that the exchanges need to make better security measure to protect from hackers.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:45:32 PM

So sad hearing about this, but hackers are extremely proactive in crypto space.
Elaborate on your privacy and avoid such cases in future. I heard more and more bloggers are becomming victims. Avoid publicity
Kwansimaa

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:48:46 PM

That's too bad brother, accept my condolences but it will be better if you open your ethereum wallet with a keystore other than your private key because that is very dangerous. A friend of mine also suffered the same fate and lost several amounts of money.

Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:50:53 PM

It sounds like you clicked a phishing link to change your password. Then the attacker accessed your email where you stored your private keys.
Ouch. Sorry to hear this. Thats why I changed over to Eidoo wallet where I dont even know my private keys and never have to use the PK to access my account.
Try it out for ether tokens.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

Sorry my dear accept my sympathy the world is filled with evil men and their iniquity. Did you save your private key in your email ? If so that is when your ether wallet was hacked. The hackers had already collected your information before you changed the password. Next time do not save your private keys inside your mail or if you must, just add or subtract some alphanumeric in the private key sequence then be careful and know what was added or subtracted in case you want to use your keys.
laosan22

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:58:24 PM

I was shocked to hear this news and also feel sorry for you about be hacked. The hacker is utterly detestable. But after reading your description, I can’t see what the way that hacker used to steal your coins. Can you give us more details and information?
cryptomadu

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:00:02 PM

Now the hackers are everywhere. We have to be very careful when dealing with online. Activate 2FA in all account that it is applicable. That way you can secure your accounts.

┈┈┈┈┈ CyberFlix TV App (https://cyberflixapktv.xyz) ┈┈┈┈┈
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:06:01 PM

yes, hackers always send a link via e-mail to retrieve all the tokens in our wallet because when we click the e-mail the hacker can retrieve all the data on your computer
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:17:31 PM

5000 $ for me is very much money, and indeed nothing can be done to return the money, my advice quickly forget about it and go back to working hard to collect the money again

zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:22:29 PM

a terrible situation( I really feel sorry for you, but this situation is very hard to insure..me too hacked and I know how hard it is! but you don't despair, try not to despair(
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

If you are a crypto-enthusiast, we've all experienced losses of some sort in the past.  It's part of the game.  All it takes is a very slight distraction at the wrong moment and bam!  It happens to the best of us.

The world is in the wild, wild west stage of the Internet and the big scramble is on.

For the hackers, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the negative Karma they generate with their grievous theft.

However, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, the fastest way to move forward is to accept the money is gone, and move on.  It's still very early in the game as you are still in on the ground floor of a world changing paradigm.  

Because there's nothing you can do about the loss, at this point it's only your reaction to it holding you back.  The sooner you let it go and chalk it all up as a lesson learned in crypto, the better you will be down the road, and the faster you will recover from that loss.

Best of luck to you in the future and please consider staying in the crypto game.  All of us here today, will be doing better than the average person once the masses start filing into crypto currencies.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:29:42 PM

Very bad situation.
Use DNS in your hosts, you can find instruction in profile in created topics.
Or learn how to send transactions offline in myetherwallet

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
grimjoever

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:30:18 PM

this is why i'm against bounty that use emails or emails displayed on their spreadsheets. some of bounty manager should know that they shouldn't showing  bounty participants emails
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: