Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2493 times)
Kb4real

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:54:40 AM

So sorry for that and am sorry for your loss, you need to be caution next time by making sure all your private information are save offline and spread your investment on different wallet.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:16:56 AM

my niece concerned over this incident. but indeed it's been the risk that inevitably to is faced because it is the result that way. Since the beginning of the hacking is becoming a serious problem for crypto and certainly not surprising this may be a problem for many people. secure the owned assets become mandatory if don't want this happen again.
MudahDanHemat

Activity: 231
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

I hope you don't give up and keep continue to strive to make money anymore in the crypto world. You lose money quite a lot and I think when you've got better money disbursed directly into cash. Now a lot of people who I think they are clever in doing piracy and take that doesn't belong to them.
brocardinf

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:34:21 AM

I think it's entirely your fault. In the crypto sphere, asset security is the task of every investor. If you have not provided reliable security to your savings - I am sorry.
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:37:42 AM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

You mean you did not install a security alert on your email like a phone verification, so you can be sure that you are the only one login in your email, that was a costly mistake, even if you secure your wallet if your email is not secured and you have your private key in your wallet, it will be hacked right away.

Euroda

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:39:31 AM

Its so sad to learn about it that is why i dont usually hold coins on online wallet i just hold it then if they been released to the exchanger i will sell it because it is bounty reward and also it is much more better to buy ledger

rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

im sorry to hear about about what you lost mate. i post this issue already that some hackers are using fake airdrops on the email few months ago that if you will finish the signed up there will be a phishing site of MEW site. thats why always becareful  when doing airdrops, one of my friend wallet also get hacked because of airdrops. from me better to choose good airdrops to signed up for. because if not we can be a victim also. all you can do right now mate is move on, and start all over again. make sure that you will use authenticator and metamask for your wallet.
blogardianz

Activity: 213
Merit: 11

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:57:09 AM

First of all, Sorry for your loss mate. As far as I know, it's possible your MEW account got hacked via email If you visited the phishing site from that email. So, the rule is you have to make sure to always bookmark the real MEW site, and do not open any URL from any site, email or group chat.

asder250

Activity: 708
Merit: 103

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
Oh my got, huge loss, but you owned so much money in crypto and you didnt have hardware wallet? This is a big mistake and everything could be diffrent if you spend 100$ for hardware wallet Smiley.

kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:11:24 PM

Most likely topic starter visited phishing site...
Or maybe he got keyloger or clipboard spy trojan...

To be safe, I suggest to use MEW offline.
You can buy a cheap laptop and use it always offline to generate transactions with MEW.
And use those generated transactions on the online PC to send ETH and tokens.
In this case your private keys will be always offline and safe...
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

I'm really sorry about what happened to you... I have a similar problem with NEOTRACKER wallet but fortunately I had only few NEO in it...now I put every coin I can on hardware wallet to stay safer..

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
pinot95

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:16:02 PM

This is very disappointing, I'm sorry for your loss. It is not easy to lose money in an instant specially being hacked. I hope you have consoled yourself now. Email address is not safe it is prone to hackers. Any online storage even messengers email inbox can be opened by hackers. Better if you print your pinkey in a paper or save in a usb or any external storage. Better luck next time.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

I am sorry about the loss, I hope you will never give up in crypto and Will be more carefully in the future. Indeed it's very risk if we use online wallet and not recommended to hold crypto for long term in it, use online wallet just for temporary and then move your coins to hardware wallet.
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:20:36 PM

It is very sad to hear this but you know sometimes bad things happen in life ,so you must forget about it and move forward , I would also recommend you to buy hardware cryptowallet like Trezor or Ledger , they are very safe for keeping your crypto.
Nyak put

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:12:03 PM

It would indeed be very helpfull if you could describe every step and detail, so that others can
Fedor2018

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

It is very sad that you have become a victim of fraud. Even to imagine frightening, that such can happen and is happening with other . The risk of loss and hacking is always there , so of course you need to protect yourself with all sorts of options to protect your wallet and mail . And just do not keep all your savings in one place, because it is very scary to lose everything at once in an instant

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:45:26 PM

This is a terrible situation.I understand your feelings.About a month ago, the same thing happened to me.
fishycink222

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:51:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear your loss, it was then probably some pfhishing site which you wrote in your private key. i only use MEW as a cold wallet, so far didn't got any hacking attack, good luck for the recovering!
123pogi123

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

aww sad so be careful with the wallet that I use so also with me but my use file is not private KEY is my json file. We will always be careful every time we leave a history of computer use and do not always click ads on websites because evil people are good now so be careful.  Embarrassed Embarrassed

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Btcshawn2017

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:02:53 PM

I feel so sorry for that unfortunate event of losing your hard earned money and hopefully you can still recover those coins that has been hacked though it would be on a lesser probability.Thank you for sharing your experience.This will be a lesson to all of us also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: