Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][FLAP] FlappyCoin ★ OLD/DEAD THREAD GO TO NEW ONE ★  (Read 345251 times)
spartagates

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:02:43 PM

Sell all and forget this coin.

lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flappycoin (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

For people having issues getting wallet up please let us know. Send a PM or post and errors below.
500crypto

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:40:30 PM

I am confused... Is this a total rebirth of flappy or you are picking up from wherever the project was at?
A total rebirth, and picking up where the project was off.

You can read changes on main thread that have to do with changes to payout and exploit fixes.

For now, stop transactions, back up your wallet and wait for further information.

What have you done differently strategywise (apart from OP stuff) to make this second effort succeed?
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:00:44 PM

I am confused... Is this a total rebirth of flappy or you are picking up from wherever the project was at?
A total rebirth, and picking up where the project was off.

You can read changes on main thread that have to do with changes to payout and exploit fixes.

For now, stop transactions, back up your wallet and wait for further information.

What have you done differently strategywise (apart from OP stuff) to make this second effort succeed?
Realistic goals, a mature development team, and we are working on additional stuff now.

We have to be honest, this is a community effort and we all work together. We have seen what has failed in the past, what has succeeded, and every cryptocurrency has been about gimmicks. Gimmicks are fun, but only get you so far. We want real goals, a real plan, a real strategy. I would rather see flappycoin move slowly towards those goals and make this a real currency, rather then just hyping it and letting a major crash occur.

We want to be open an honest with everyone, we still are not out of the water yet, but we did get this far and are mostly out of the water. After block 110k a new wallet/daemon that is a complete rewrite, but as for specific goals we are working on them now. With the community.

No one wants someone with absolute control. We are willing to listen to all options, and pick the best option that benefits everyone.

That may not be the answer people want, but as of now it's the honest one. At least from my point of view, ultimately this will be a democratic and community driven cryptocurrency and we will all decide together.
devish

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:01:47 PM

I have a Idea for the Value and usibility for the FlappyCoin:
The Flappy Game should relaunched again. This will lead to strong media presence.
The New Feature in the game is you have at the beginning 100 Lifes for the Flappy Game. Once that 100 Lifes are used you must buy 100 FlappyCoins to have 100 Lifes again, so you can Play again. Because 1 Life in the Game is 1 FlappyCoin. This will give automatically the value of 0.01$ per FlappyCoin or 1$ for 100 FlappyCoins. So with 1$ you can Play the Flappy Game 100 Times.
Also you can earn FlappyCoins, when you Play successfull the FlappyCoin Game. Every Gateway you pass with the Flappy you can earn 1 FlappyCoin.

The Game and the Wallet should get integrated in each other for a good synergy.
So because the Flappy Game is very addictive, the Coin receives his Value.

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$
100 FlappyCoin = 100 Lifes in the FlappyGame= 1$

What Devs think about?
The Flappy Game is the Joker to the FlappyCoin.

Every Person, a lot of them, know about the Flappy Game, and so they have a strong association with the FlappyCoins
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:08:15 PM

The Flappy Game should relaunched again. This will lead to strong media presence.
The New Feature in the game is you have at the beginning 100 Lifes for the Flappy Game. Once that 100 Lifes are used you must buy 100 FlappyCoins to have 100 Lifes again, so you can Play again. Because 1 Life in the Game is 1 FlappyCoin. This will give automatically the value of 0.01$ per FlappyCoin or 1$ for 100 FlappyCoins. So with 1$ you can Play the Flappy Game 100 Times.
Also you can earn FlappyCoins, when you Play successfull the FlappyCoin Game. Every Gateway you pass with the Flappy you can earn 1 FlappyCoin.

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$

What Devs think about?

Every Person, a lot of them, know about the Flappy Game, and so they have a strong association with the FlappyCoins
This may sound like I am disagreeing with my above post but I love the idea. It may still be a little bit down the road, and we do want to avoid gimmicks, but games and additional things are always a wonderful addition we can work towards.

We do have to be careful we don't base everything on a singular source and have other areas to fall back on however.

I love the idea, maybe not the exact execution but we will discuss and work towards bringing what the community wants to the table.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:15:38 PM

New FlappyAPI being tested!

http://www.reddit.com/r/flappycoin/comments/23vipi/flappyapi_please_help_us_test/
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:19:34 PM

Discussion of jobs/etc below!

http://www.reddit.com/r/flappycoin/comments/23wh0a/jobs_jobs_jobs/
truh

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:46:00 PM

[...]
[...]

Problem with this idea is that it is really hard to proof if a score was achieved or faked.
And if it is proven a score was achieved it still might be the achievement of a bot.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:03:14 AM

[...]
[...]

Problem with this idea is that it is really hard to proof if a score was achieved or faked.
And if it is proven a score was achieved it still might be the achievement of a bot.
Very true, bringing back the game is a wonderful idea but truh brings up a great point. We don't want to get into any issues with faking of scores, so perhaps coins would not be the best options such as buying/selling coins to play the game. Could get tricky, and people can easily feel cheated and rightfully so if the game can be manipulated or played with a bot.

Myself I see a situation or a game could be created based on the below situation.

Betting games/flappybird.

2 players agree and are linked together in a match with a floating flappycoin balance both parties deposit. They both play and the winner get's the coins. This would allow it to be trusted between members. Even then we would need to ensure no issues with faking of scores, unfortunately I don't see many ways to prevent bots from analysing screen objects and playing the game for them.

Perhaps the only way to get around that would be verified players you bet on who play the game via verified matches.

I am probably over thinking it, best course of action probably will be to bring the game back without coin integration and perhaps work towards a solution and some sort of integration.
david226

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:19:28 AM

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$

What Devs think about?

* Love the idea's we need more dont get stuck on one thing....keep the ideas coming....is the creator for the game also making toys???
if flappybird can get on this level ( http://shop.angrybirds.com/us/toys-games/plush-toys ) then we can see flappycoin bein used for purchasing power.  So for now we might have to forget about the game...we can make gift cards // or a non-profit // somthing!
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:34:52 AM

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$

What Devs think about?

* Love the idea's we need more dont get stuck on one thing....keep the ideas coming....is the creator for the game also making toys???
if flappybird can get on this level ( http://shop.angrybirds.com/us/toys-games/plush-toys ) then we can see flappycoin bein used for purchasing power.  So for now we might have to forget about the game...we can make gift cards // or a non-profit // somthing!
Give it time though. I agree on all points, and we will be continuing forward with a lot of plans.

Non-profit/donations are something we are highly interested in and will be invested in.

Even myself I have Donation Stash, Developer Stash, Project Stash. Tipping Stash to always have some there to help build projects, donate, or work towards other goals.
exposebc

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:07:51 AM

[...]
[...]

Very true, bringing back the game is a wonderful idea but truh brings up a great point. We don't want to get into any issues with faking of scores, so perhaps coins would not be the best options such as buying/selling coins to play the game. Could get tricky, and people can easily feel cheated and rightfully so if the game can be manipulated or played with a bot.

Myself I see a situation or a game could be created based on the below situation.

Betting games/flappybird.

2 players agree and are linked together in a match with a floating flappycoin balance both parties deposit. They both play and the winner get's the coins. This would allow it to be trusted between members. Even then we would need to ensure no issues with faking of scores, unfortunately I don't see many ways to prevent bots from analysing screen objects and playing the game for them.

Perhaps the only way to get around that would be verified players you bet on who play the game via verified matches.

I am probably over thinking it, best course of action probably will be to bring the game back without coin integration and perhaps work towards a solution and some sort of integration.

really nice idea!
Adibandi

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:15:27 AM

As i said one page ago, i downloaded the wallet and it does nothing, it doesnt start.
I am on win xp, and previous i had qt 1.0.0.2
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:24:08 AM

As i said one page ago, i downloaded the wallet and it does nothing, it doesnt start.
I am on win xp, and previous i had qt 1.0.0.2
We are addressing this issue. It was found that there is an incombatibility with windows XP. That will be fixed in next update, but that may be a week or two away after block 110,000.

Your current wallet will be transferable to new wallet.

In the mean time, can you confirm you downloaded the wallet that includes .dlls that should allow it to run? We have found the incompatibility should be fixed via that in the mean time for people on windows xp. Windows XP is EOL and eventually no software will work on it, but the bug is caused due to a dependency required not found on most windows xp systems. Hopefully the fix we provided works in the mean time for people running windows xp. For the permenant fix we will be releasing a new wallet/daemon but that is a week or two away. We can't push out wallets/daemons willy nilly even if they are stable now, we have chosen to wait until after block 110,000 to allow us to ENSURE new wallet/daemons have no issues regardless of OS.
Adibandi

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Yes i did copy everything from wallet 2.0 into 1.0. I can make a new wallet on win7 and put the backup to check if it works
ArpFlush

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:11:11 AM

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$

What Devs think about?

Good thinking, who can work this out with the Devs? Although maybe a player should be able to win/gain lives in the game also IMO.

"Panic Selling is not an Investment Strategy"
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:27:34 AM

Yes i did copy everything from wallet 2.0 into 1.0. I can make a new wallet on win7 and put the backup to check if it works
Thank you. We apologise for incompatibility issues and they will be fixed.

1 FlappyCoin = 0.01$

What Devs think about?

Good thinking, who can work this out with the Devs? Although maybe a player should be able to win/gain lives in the game also IMO.

Anyone! Right now we are working on the hard issues, and I myself can't bring that to the table any time soon.

Currently testing FlappyAPI Below.

http://www.reddit.com/r/flappycoin/comments/23vipi/flappyapi_please_help_us_test/

Always feel free to PM me, or ask a question where I am active. I will get you an answer, and I will respond.
flappycoin (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:28:07 AM

DISCUSSION OF TX FEE CHANGES! Kinda important for the future of mining/blockchain in general.

http://www.reddit.com/r/flappycoin/comments/23xng4/lets_discuss_tx_fees/

Any input would be grand!
Jammi

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 07:36:36 AM

Do we lose our coins if we do not update wallet from 1.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.1 before block 110.000?
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: